I feel terrible. :/

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tess27

Reaction score
I've just moved to my aunt's home in the middle of nowhere about two months ago.

I'm eighteen years old. I'm usually very social, but since the move I've been locked away in my room. I don't really have anyone to go to here. Today the loneliness hit me extremely hard. I am so unsure of what to do.

I have no car here, no way of escaping this house. I love my aunt and uncle, but they aren't "friends."

They expect me to wake every morning at 10, and I sit here and think to myself- Why? I have no job, I'm currently not attending school, and I have really nothing to do around the house (though, I've been cleaning like an insane person just to get out of this funk, and of course it isn't working).

I don't know what to do and I'm just getting so tired of living this life. I miss everyone back home, but I can't go back.

Is there anyone out there who feels similar to how I feel? It'd be nice to know I'm not alone... In a sense.

I think I can relate, for the past year or so I have been stuck in the same old situation again and again. I finished college with a HND in Graphic Design after four years of studying, and I can't find work. I've been trying for most days for the past two years, and still no avail. I'd probably apply for say 10 jobs a day on average, would get the whole 'overqualified' crap time and time again, so now I work temp jobs here and there to keep myself busy doing anything from bar work to manual labour, anything really.

I had the choice of going to university to do an extra year, but when I moved I felt totally out of place. Was put into the 'crazy' dorms full of freshers full of excitement at being away from their parents for the first time, basically I felt like I was starting again from scratch, when with my age I'd gone and done that already. I eventually found out another year wouldn't do much at my current education level so I moved back.

Now all is well, but I still hate to wake up to find I have nothing to do that day, that the house is empty, and I am growing sick of my room too so I've decided to re-decorate and change my surroundings to stay fresh. I live in an area out of town, so there isn't much going on here during the day time apart from the odd plane droning by, so I exercise a lot to stay focused and in good spirits.

I like the redecorating idea. My room is very bland. White walls, white bed sheets, red pillows and a dresser. Nothing else. Does it help?

I'm going to start school in a week or so and that brings fear to my mind. I haven't really had human contact in a while so I'm afraid my social skills won't be up to par. I'm slightly frightened of people now. I feel, as you said, out of place. I don't know.

Jobs are hard to come by for me, I have no vehicle and my aunt and uncle are hard workers and they're already giving me rides to school. I feel just terrible.

Luke_S said:
I think I can relate, for the past year or so I have been stuck in the same old situation again and again. I finished college with a HND in Graphic Design after four years of studying, and I can't find work. I've been trying for most days for the past two years, and still no avail. I'd probably apply for say 10 jobs a day on average, would get the whole 'overqualified' crap time and time again, so now I work temp jobs here and there to keep myself busy doing anything from bar work to manual labour, anything really.

I had the choice of going to university to do an extra year, but when I moved I felt totally out of place. Was put into the 'crazy' dorms full of freshers full of excitement at being away from their parents for the first time, when with my age I'd gone and done that already. I eventually found out another year wouldn't do much at my current education level so I moved back.

Now all is well, but I still hate to wake up to find I have nothing to do that day, that the house is empty, and I am growing sick of my room too so I've decided to re-decorate and change my surroundings to stay fresh. I live in an area out of town, so there isn't much going on here during the day time apart from the odd plane droning by, so I exercise a lot to stay focused and in good spirits.

I can see where you are coming from. Just read my earlier posts. We recently moved from the city into a country kind of atmosphere where finding something to do and finding friends is tough. I live with my parents and my grandmother.

Not a day goes by do I wish that I could go back in time so I could just enjoy the things back in the city like playing ball and chess with my friends. Now that I'm in this new place, most of the neighbors are elderly. I yearn to return to the city to be with my friends and malls, etc.

I've sometimes come to tears thinking about the active life I've had. Now here I sit in front of this monitor dying for a Big Mac that I can't get because the closest McDonald's restaurant is 30 minutes away give or take.

Please by all means contact me if you need to talk. I'm here for you if only by the internet.

Godspeed.
LoneKiller

You're not alone I feel the same way except I have no friends anywhere, so there is no escape..Do you have plans to enroll in school?

Latest posts

Back