I find every moment of life as a chore!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Find something you are interested in. How about animals, do you have any?

Go to the animal shelter and see if you can help there.
They can be better friends than most people.
Just a thought.

reloadlife23 said:
Find something you are interested in. How about animals, do you have any?

Go to the animal shelter and see if you can help there.
They can be better friends than most people.
Just a thought.

I think this is a good idea. Animals can be very good friends, I think they have a certain sweetness to them. They don't care about how much money you have or where you rank in the social standings, they just let you snuggle with them.

If I were not in a position where I needed money, I would strongly consider volunteering at an animal shelter myself. I still might someday after I have the basics taken care of.

I'd give you a rep point for this, reloadlife23. But it will only disappear when I do, shortly. Good idea, anyway.

LonelySutton said:
No, cats are pretty independent. But yes.. sick of the freaking litter box. But I think this was the least dependent pet.

As a survivor of older parents... it will get better when they pass. But welcome to hell right now. :) Older parents though can often qualify for help via the state or social services so maybe you should look into that. I had a nurse and a errand runner for my mom.

I'm from South Asia(not India), you don't have all the government support for older people in my country. This country is a mess, anyone who visits this country will believe that there must something called "God" out there who takes of care of this country, otherwise there's no valid explanation how this country and her people are surviving.

TheSkaFish said:
I think this is a good idea. Animals can be very good friends, I think they have a certain sweetness to them. They don't care about how much money you have or where you rank in the social standings, they just let you snuggle with them.

If I were not in a position where I needed money, I would strongly consider volunteering at an animal shelter myself. I still might someday after I have the basics taken care of.

I'd give you a rep point for this, reloadlife23. But it will only disappear when I do, shortly. Good idea, anyway.

The maintenance of the animals is not something I fancy really, I don't think I can be patient enough with feeding and cleaning them, and keeping the rooms clean after the animals make the mess.

I used to work at a 3-star hotel in Sweden, there sometimes the guests used to bring dogs, and boy it was really difficult to clean the rooms once the guests with dogs had left. It could take hours cleaning.

Yeah it seems so much of life is pointless redundancy with no return value. I don't have much of anything I enjoy, like, really want or consider a goal or purpose. It seems every little thing is just another task to psyche oneself up into putting up with. I can't relate to or converse well with other human beings on any tangible level and I don't possess general skills, knowledge, aptitude, or common sense. I feel like if this life isn't going anywhere what's really the point of getting out of bed or making a sandwich or reading a book or going outside. What is there to look forward to when you don't enjoy or care about things?

Life tasks are mostly a joyless chore for me too. My escape modes are important to me, but they are so trivial and unexciting that it's embarrassing to even consider how truly tepid my whole life is.

I'd just echo what I said before in this thread.

Instead of seeing life as a chore, why not see the efforts you have to put out as a privilege, opportunity and accomplishments?

In light of recent events in my life, I feel like if I think life's such a chore, then I must not really understand life at all and how it works. I've been through enough.. to be able to appreciate just the ability to breathe.

Nothing comes easy, the problem is people expect it to be (I do too, sometimes) and they think others have it easy, well that's wrong. Everyone has a challenging life, you just don't always see it.

Latest posts

Back