I got blown off, big time

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SighX99

Reaction score
havent been on this forum for a while now, I just feel like I gotta share my situation with somebody so i feel better so here it goes.

I've been going to my local community college for almost two years now, I've always wanted to find a soulmate through my classes, but its never happened.

just last semester, in my speech class, this girl started talking to me, we started having a connection with each other (or so I thought). I had a great time with her in class, meeting up with her after class or at random encounter to talk or discuss homework... it was great. I really thought we had a connection there. I wanted to ask her out several times but always chickenout at the last minute.

finally, the last day of the class, i talked to her as usual and about my summer plans, she started talking about taking up surfing and oceanic sports in general. I was into it. we made plans to go kayaking and going to surf camps. finally, at the end of the last class, I finally ask her out to have dinner/sushi with me after class. she gave me her phone number and was enthusiastic about us hanging out. I even made sure that I got her number right. I called her about 40 minutes after, she didnt pick up her phone. called her several hours later, she didnt pick up her phone. called her the next day, she didn't pick up the phone. called her the next day, her phone number was no longer in service. her number was dead. i thought it might be a bill thing. so i called like after a week or so, the number is really dead.

i got stood up, i felt like honeysuckle, i felt like all those times that we shared were really just fuckin bullshit, i really wished that she wouldve shut me down early, or just tell me she wasnt interested instead of pretending she was, makes me feel like a piece of honeysuckle. whatever, theres plenty of fish for me (not really, its hard as fresia for me to get over this whole thing now, I just hope i dont see her at all when school starts.)

gg life thx for listening

I miss understood the title of the thread and I am a little disappointed.

Are you sure you got stood up? Maybe her contract got cancelled.

There is that possibility that her number got cancelled or something, whether it be pre-paid or on contract.

I don't mean to sound rude but in my opinion, maybe you shouldn't have called her so soon. Maybe you could have sent a text message a day or so later instead.

I do not mean to be discouraging but there is the possibility that she may have lost interest because of those calls so soon. She may have thought differently about things.

Regardless, I highly doubt she was playing with you and pretending to be interested. I don't think that would be the case.

But as said, there is honestly a -chance- that this could be a misunderstanding and she may have had her number cancelled for some reason (changing phone providers, contract expiry, phone was lost/stolen etc) - you never know.

Don't lost hope. Good luck. :)

DiscoSpider said:
There is that possibility that her number got cancelled or something, whether it be pre-paid or on contract.

I don't mean to sound rude but in my opinion, maybe you shouldn't have called her so soon. Maybe you could have sent a text message a day or so later instead.

I do not mean to be discouraging but there is the possibility that she may have lost interest because of those calls so soon. She may have thought differently about things.

Regardless, I highly doubt she was playing with you and pretending to be interested. I don't think that would be the case.

But as said, there is honestly a -chance- that this could be a misunderstanding and she may have had her number cancelled for some reason (changing phone providers, contract expiry, phone was lost/stolen etc) - you never know.

Don't lost hope. Good luck. :)

I agree with this. I seriously doubt she would change her number unless you were calling her nonstop for quite some time. Even then, she'd probably tell you to back the hell off instead of going so far as to change her number or shut off her phone.

I'm sorry that happened.

I doubt it was that you called too soon, since the plans were arranged for after class. It sounds like she was just being a *****, changed her mind and went about it in a very immature way.
But I will never understand the taboo against calling someone right away - if you like someone, you will welcome their calls at any point. I've always found those mind games so immature and irrational. Stay away from anyone who thinks you should wait x amount of time before you can call them.

Just don't be discouraged. It's her loss and I'm certain you'll meet someone more receptive. At least you're trying.

I agree that changing her number seems like an extreme reaction if it was just that she wasn't interested. Unless you were calling a lot more than you imply or you were leaving weird messages, I'm leaning more toward the notion that something happened with her phone.

Been stood up plenty of time , dude. It tatolly sucks. Epecially if I purchased
some fucken expensive tickets. Chicks like that are retarded.
Probably cuase of whinney little bitches dudes too..that cant handle rejections.
So the freaken women gotta let guys down softly or whatever the fresia...cuase
she feels so god **** guilty for saying "NO".
Or guys that cant take a fucken "NO" and continue to hit on the same chick
again and again and again...So the women gatta come up with so many fucken
schemes to let guys down...giving out fake numbers...ect.

FFS...just tell me "NO". I'm man enough, I can handle it.

Thats right dude...Plenty of hot babes everywhere.
It's all good dude...I got freaken tired of trying to sort and cort women.
I just ask whomever I fine attractive now. Like a fucken human conveyor.
No courting...no head games. Have sex with them on the first date or at least
I stole third base at the very least, sometimes.
They know what I ultimately want in there somewhere. They're not stupid.
Its not all about that...and it aint all about fucken head games either.
Im not asking for marriage but somewhere along the line she's gotta commit something.
We can do the song and dance after or Dance right then and there...simple honeysuckle.

I know when a woman is sexually attractive to me...right off the bat.
You dont have to play all these head games with women.
Trust me...I got this data from a very good source. And I put it to the test
what he was saying. Because for the lights of me..i couldnt figure out wtf was happening either..
So when i go hit on a chick that's not attracted to me sexually...I turn all that fucken bullshit inward
as if there's something wrong with me...then I go on a stupid ass head spin of thinking Im not good enough
or have poor self esteem...ect It's like pounding my head against a brickwall....

Certain women are going to be sexaully attracted to me...regradless of my looks, race, income, intelligents...ect and that's that.
So for me it's a process of weeding out the women that I already know that's gonna fresia me....
The rest is just relationship building and getting to know each other more.

The process is actaully the same with me...If I honestly look at myself.
There's certain women I'm not going to be sexaully attracted to...no matter her looks, age, race, intelligence, ecominics.ect
There's plenty of women that i dont want anything to do with ...no matter thier backgrounds.

I dont feel bad about myself anymore. I dont play useless games with women any more.

i keep telling my friend this honeysuckle over and over again. He's freaken hard headed.
Always gatta go hit on a chick over and over again when she's already giving single that's she
not interested but just being friendly. Then he finely has the nerves to ask her.
She told him "no"...but hell no...he has to ask her why? why? why?
Then hit up on her a couple more months..as if she's gonna change her mind about wanting
to fresia him. So wait until she's down on her luck, honeysuckle gose bad for her or she breaks up with
some dude she'll fresia...as if she's gonna fresia him. Its rediculous. Then he thinks she's a *****..ffs
Then she's gotta use me as a fucken human shield. She'll fresia me...lmao

But i also told him...some women dont wanna fresia me either....AND IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME.
Just to prove a fucken piont to him..I had to go hit on a chick...that I know aint interested me...FFS

It's pretty much impossible to guess what was going on in her head. I have to agree that though there isn't really a "too soon" to call there is perhaps a stage where you have tried to many times. She might have been frightened off by how keen you seemed or she could have changed her mind. Yes if that was the case she should have said instead of cancelling the number but some people find it easier that way. Whatever the case I don't think you should immediately let it devalue the times you spoke.

Something probably happened with the phone. Canceling her phone and changing her number just to avoid you seems too extreme.

I'll lean towards the idea of something actually happening to her phone or whatever contract with it. Simply because over the past year, I've had about 4 or 5 phone numbers myself, and it's a pain in the ass. :rolleyes:

I don't know wouldn't she have done something about it within a week? You know what people are like with their phones nowadays. I only say this because I've had someone pull the phone number gone thing on me to end a friendship.

I guess there's a hundred reasons for or against and its a guessing game.

I just think the important thing is to realise unless she gets in touch or something you'll never know either way so as I said before don't write off the time you spent together completely.

you are right annik. idk she had my number and everything she couldve called or something on her other phones whatever, doesn't matter, i guess i shouldnt be so wound up about it.

Well it does suck to be burned like that. I gotta agree with Barbaloot. Don't think it was too soon since the plans were made. She could have at least left you a message if she didn't want to continue with the plans. But then perhaps something may have happened...you never know. I really hate the unknown sometimes. Sorry you're going through this though, SighX99. :\

THANKS leaningintmuse!, really, i mean it. thanks for that comment. made me feel better

Latest posts

Back