I have trouble feeling remorse for my actions

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily

Reaction score
I seem to have trouble caring that what I do causes harm to other people. This makes it hard for me to maintain longterm friendships. For example, a few months ago, there was this really geeky kid in my math class. We had a take home test and I really didn't feel like doing it, so I befriended him and asked him to be my boyfriend. I kissed him and made it seem real to him so he would do my take-home test for me. I could tell he was really starting to get attached to me, but the day after I handed in the take-home test, I invited him over to my house. I brought him to my bedroom and told him I wanted to have sex so I gave him a condom and told him to get comfortable. Meanwhile, my real boyfriend and some friends hid in another room. We waited about five minutes before we stormed in like ninjas with our cell phone cameras ready. We laughed hysterically and took pictures of him. He took one last sorry look at me and said, "Why?" The next day at school he was sullen and withdrawn. I didn't feel bad. In fact, I felt empowered. What can I do to be more caring?

Put yourself in his position, and try to see what you did to him from his perspective. Try to understand just how horrible a thing that was to do to another HUMAN BEING.

Emily said:
I seem to have trouble caring that what I do causes harm to other people. This makes it hard for me to maintain longterm friendships. For example, a few months ago, there was this really geeky kid in my math class. We had a take home test and I really didn't feel like doing it, so I befriended him and asked him to be my boyfriend. I kissed him and made it seem real to him so he would do my take-home test for me. I could tell he was really starting to get attached to me, but the day after I handed in the take-home test, I invited him over to my house. I brought him to my bedroom and told him I wanted to have sex so I gave him a condom and told him to get comfortable. Meanwhile, my real boyfriend and some friends hid in another room. We waited about five minutes before we stormed in like ninjas with our cell phone cameras ready. We laughed hysterically and took pictures of him. He took one last sorry look at me and said, "Why?" The next day at school he was sullen and withdrawn. I didn't feel bad. In fact, I felt empowered. What can I do to be more caring?

You either need your ass kicked, or a good therapist - Im just not sure which.

You need to be humiliated. Then you might actually grow up, and stop confusing "being an *******" with "empowerment".

lol, I have to wonder if there is a child at play here. :p Or a troll.

Im closing this, as we feel it's simply a troll. If Emily isn't a troll, she can feel free to PM a moderator and make that fact known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back