I just bought a new camera!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doubt The Rabbit

Reaction score
And I'm going to the beach next month! And my birthday is coming up!:D

Yet I don't feel happy, or even a little bit excited, about any of it. Sometimes I feel like I don't know if I'm being ungrateful or just uninterested. If it's not sadness, anger, frustration, or terror, I just don't feel much else. Yeah, depression and anxiety does that to you - so what, I have two choices? Feeling bad and feeling nothing? Yep, THERE'S the complex range of emotions my brain was meant to have.

Even in seeking "professional help," they've never actually worked on the problem...just sidetracked by stupid honeysuckle in my life that, yeah, sucks, but doesn't bug me too much. A waste of my time. I'm wasting my time. Sure, I could tell 'em that they're barking up the wrong tree, but I don't want to. I've kept up my guard for so many years now, I'm not about to let it down to let some psychoanalyzing prick in. It doesn't work that way. It takes a lot to undo years of building up walls.

And I never expect anyone to have the correct answer. Even in venting, I don't expect some magnificent advice that will save me from a future of loneliness and depression. I just want to rant. I want to vent and yell and ***** until I feel better, and I wish I had someone I could trust to just shut the fresia up and listen. No lectures or accusations or inanities or false hope or pity parties because, god **** it, I've heard it all.

Well I read/'listened to' the short vent, but I do feel like replying so I'll go with this: what camera did you get? :D

No lecturing or pitying, just good old small talk.

;)

:D It's a honeysuckle camera...GE A1455...but it was cheap and allowed me to buy some new clothes afterwards <3

*checks out specs because I'm sad like that*

Doesn't sound too bad actually - 14MP, 5x optical zoom (don't care about the digital zoom, I mean - what's the point?) 2AA batteries means you can always carry spares. Ok, it's your basic point and shoot digital camera but, unless you've going to be doing some fancy shmancy stuff - in which case be prepared to mortage your soul - sounds like it'll take perfectly decent pics.

What did you want it for btw?

I just got a Nikon D3100 and two lenses. I've been looking for other budding photographers to share.

I said:
*checks out specs because I'm sad like that*

Doesn't sound too bad actually - 14MP, 5x optical zoom (don't care about the digital zoom, I mean - what's the point?) 2AA batteries means you can always carry spares. Ok, it's your basic point and shoot digital camera but, unless you've going to be doing some fancy shmancy stuff - in which case be prepared to mortage your soul - sounds like it'll take perfectly decent pics.

What did you want it for btw?

I need it to get pics of my baby sister...but also because I haven't had a decent camera in years -_- I wanted to get the x500 Power Pro, it's really good for its price, but it ended up being out of my budget because the sale was over by the time I went to order it. :/

athwart said:
I just got a Nikon D3100 and two lenses. I've been looking for other budding photographers to share.

I envy you, sir!

Doubt The Rabbit said:
I need it to get pics of my baby sister...but also because I haven't had a decent camera in years -_- I wanted to get the x500 Power Pro, it's really good for its price, but it ended up being out of my budget because the sale was over by the time I went to order it. :/

A DSLR? Now it makes sense. You'll still get good pics of your baby sis though - I've got your basic point and shoot camera and it takes perfectly fine family shots. Don't tend to have time to take anything better anyway since kids don't like standing around while you try and work out aperture/shutter speed etc.

Doubt The Rabbit said:
I envy you, sir!

You and me both *drools*

Latest posts

Back