I just felt the need to tell...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Writer

Reaction score
This might be a bit strange, but what the hell, I might as well say it.
I suffer from some sort of social fear, I mean even here I am afraid to post, thinking that perhaps you guys will hate me. Logically I know this is not so, but it’s like I cant help being a bit scared anyway.
I suppose what I wanted to just get out was that I found this amazing guy, the most wonderful thing ever, and we had a great time for about a month… Not really a relationship and seeing as it wasn’t, he didn’t even have to break it up… he merely had to stop inviting me around.
Funny… how when you’ve been sad for so long, at the first sight of happiness you get addicted to it right away. Now it’s like all the loneliness of the past has returned, just worse… I hate heartaches… Worst thing is that he actually hasn’t asked me to get the hell out of his life, so I’m not actually completely sure what’s going on...
A good friend of mine told me the other night to “stop talking to the ******, because you will keep being in love with him and he is just NOT” I don’t quite know why that hurt me so much, but it did! I don’t enjoy having the phrase “in love” used about me in this situation… Love is huge… I just found in humiliating in a way… This friend has so much confidence, its ridicules! And then he laughs at me for being insecure and though I don’t want to admit it, it offends me.
Thanks for listening…

I cant say for sure but your fear could be due to extreme social anxiety. As far as this guy goes, you will just have to talk to him. I know its easier for me to say it then it is for you to do it, but if you want to find out what his intentions are then have a discussion with him about it.

Your friend probably just thinks this guy is leading you on, and in a way it sounds like this could be the case. You obviously have good feelings towards this guy, and its not fair to you to remain in the dark about what is going on. Be honest with him and hopefully he will be honest with you. No reason to have this situation draw out longer then it needs too.

*HUGS FOR THE WRITER*

For the record: I don't think you're in love with the guy. You're confusing it for love because it's likely the closest thing you've felt to love after being so lonely for so long. Don't let this guy's antics get you off track, right when you are getting back in the swing of things and getting a bit more socially active!! :D

*hug* I think you're doing fine...heh so is your friend a guy? Maybe you should think about giving him a chance, eh? Just a thought.

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
*hug* I think you're doing fine...heh so is your friend a guy? Maybe you should think about giving him a chance, eh? Just a thought.

----Steve

Dude....do you even remember high school/college?
That ain't gonna happen. I don't care how nice this guy friend (if he's a guy) is or how socially outcast this girl is. He's her friend, he ain't getting nothing.

Oh and yeah, hugs for the writer.

sinisterplague said:

Lol I'm IN college, and as I recall, in high school the guys I knew messed everything that wasn't nailed closed. Haha so I think the guy would go for it if she gave him a chance.

----Steve

The Writer said:
Not really a relationship and seeing as it wasn’t, he didn’t even have to break it up… he merely had to stop inviting me around.
Funny… how when you’ve been sad for so long, at the first sight of happiness you get addicted to it right away. Now it’s like all the loneliness of the past has returned, just worse… I hate heartaches… Worst thing is that he actually hasn’t asked me to get the hell out of his life, so I’m not actually completely sure what’s going on...

I hate that too, you know the he-seems-to-be-happy-with-me-around-but-he-never-really-want-me-*that*-much-around kind of honeysuckle. For me tho,I guess I have to be really strict to myself, by strict I mean as soon as I sense the guy (that I like a lot) has not the *absolute* feeling for me, then I run away. I flee, as a matter of fact, from the upcoming possibility of heartaches. I don't know..*sighs* Guys are just hard to read.

Badjedidude said:

----Steve

Thanks for the support. Yes my friend is a guy but he is VERY MUCH gay, hehe so no that's not really an option

Badjedidude said:
sinisterplague said:

Lol I'm IN college, and as I recall, in high school the guys I knew messed everything that wasn't nailed closed. Haha so I think the guy would go for it if she gave him a chance.

----Steve

My question though was would she go for it? If they're friends, probably not.

But....looks like she says he's gay. So that answers that. lol

The Writer said:
Thanks for the support. Yes my friend is a guy but he is VERY MUCH gay, hehe so no that's not really an option

He could always be pretending to be gay so you could "turn him straight." Never know.

AWWWWW he's gay. Well phooey. So much for that idea. :p

Heh well...I'm sure you'll find someone else, The Writer!! :D Just keep your head up and keep looking!

----Steve

sinisterplague said:
He could always be pretending to be gay so you could "turn him straight." Never know.

Somebody tell me how to do this...

mintymint said:
sinisterplague said:

Somebody tell me how to do this...

Haha, I don't think its possible. But straight guys will sometimes pretend it is possible and that a hot girl having sex with them (pretending to be gay) will do the trick.

sinisterplague said:
Haha, I don't think its possible. But straight guys will sometimes pretend it is possible and that a hot girl having sex with them (pretending to be gay) will do the trick.

o_O lol thanks for stating the obvious. :p Haha that was the joke, man.

----Steve

Latest posts

Back