I just joined.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

simpleliving

I will keep it short, since this is just an intro which I will have to repeat anyway.

I am mostly lonely in terms of lacking a signifcant other.

I am reclusive, and living a boring repetitive life is completely fine by me. But I want to live the rest of my life with another person. Maybe I am selfish, but my parents aren't going to live forever. When they die, I will be truly alone. I don't want that to happen.

I have friends at college, but they are mostly temporary and shallow friendships. Once I stop seeing them, I pretty much ignore the fact that I ever met them unless they continue to keep on touch with me.

It's just that it takes me a ridicously long time to become close with another person. The only people I truly care about currently are my parents (since I have been around them since my birth), and my 3 year old cousin(since I have been around him since his birth). Then there is my older cousin which I see for about a week a year during summer vacation. I am not very close with my other relatives/friends.

Hey. Welcome. =]

I know what you mean about the parents. It's a weird feeling - realizing that one day, they'll just be carcasses, and all the family memories from my entire life will only reside within me alone. Pretty disheartening.

I think you'll be able to find someone though. You're still young (I am too), so we've still got about a decade of leeway before that "singles age" gap really comes to a close.

hi simpleliving,

i can totally relate to what u're saying......i'm in the same boat. I've had many shallow friendships at school and now that i've left, i don't hear from them unless they keep in touch with me - and not many of them do!! I live at home with my parents so i know what u're worrying about.......i try not to see too far ahead in the future and just take things one day at a time - i figured out that afterall, u're more likely to meet ppl/fds if u're relaxed and not constantly worrying and being anxious :) feel free to pm/email me if u need someone to talk to :)

nicky

simpleliving said:
I will keep it short, since this is just an intro which I will have to repeat anyway.

I am reclusive, and living a boring repetitive life is completely fine by me. But I want to live the rest of my life with another person. Maybe I am selfish, but my parents aren't going to live forever. When they die, I will be truly alone. I don't want that to happen.

I have friends at college, but they are mostly temporary and shallow friendships. Once I stop seeing them, I pretty much ignore the fact that I ever met them unless they continue to keep on touch with me.

It's just that it takes me a ridicously long time to become close with another person. The only people I truly care about currently are my parents (since I have been around them since my birth), and my 3 year old cousin(since I have been around him since his birth). Then there is my older cousin which I see for about a week a year during summer vacation. I am not very close with my other relatives/friends.

Welcome :)

simpleliving said:
I am reclusive, and living a boring repetitive life is completely fine by me. ...

Me also, it doesn't seem to be a big draw.

simpleliving said:

I am reclusive, and living a boring repetitive life is completely fine by me. But I want to live the rest of my life with another person.

Welcome to the boat, bro. The more of us there are in it, the harder it is to flip it.

Welcome to the forums, bro, feel free to PM anytime if you feel like it. ;)

Latest posts

Back