I just watched this

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is kind of the reason I never really wrote or got a journal during my childhood. Because I was always afraid that someone mostly my parents, would read it and know my thoughts or feelings about them, even the negative ones.

^^^Sometimes it's more important to reveal the negative feelings you have for others than to hide them.

Callie said:
Personally, the way I see it... it's a publicity stunt. It's too orchestrated and please, like the dude really didn't know it would go viral?

Yeah, and the guy was too calm and collected to be anything but an actor.

I watched it again, and yeah, this was orchestrated. It was his 15 mins of fame. Shoot a computer, and post it on Facebook, and suddenly you're a rebel! :club:

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
It was his 15 mins of fame. Shoot a computer, and post it on Facebook, and suddenly you're a rebel! :club:

And make lots of money through ads.

Badjedidude said:
^^^Sometimes it's more important to reveal the negative feelings you have for others than to hide them.

True. But I would rather share those things with them personally than for them to go and find it somewhere else.

I had friends growing up with parents that I could see pulling this kind of thing. Those kids were miserable and pretty much hated their parents though :/ I doubt it's set up. He's not really that calm and collected either. He has a hard time speaking, and he cant stop messing with his hands through the whole video. There weren't even ads on the video until recently so that wasn't planned out very well even if it was setup.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Callie said:
Personally, the way I see it... it's a publicity stunt. It's too orchestrated and please, like the dude really didn't know it would go viral?

Yeah, and the guy was too calm and collected to be anything but an actor.

I watched it again, and yeah, this was orchestrated. It was his 15 mins of fame. Shoot a computer, and post it on Facebook, and suddenly you're a rebel! :club:

Honestly, he doesn't seem that calm to me. At times he breathes quite heavily, he stutters a few times and he even says a few things that don't make sense ('I know you'll probably never see this' - 'I'm posting this on your facebook wall').

That said, I don't like this clip.

Nor do I.

Although a lot of my Facebook friends are saying this dude is awesome, so clearly everyone's opinion is all over the board.

He's not someone I respect or admire, but he's also not someone I have to deal with in my life. So I could care less how he parents his daughter. Shooting the laptop isn't abuse; just plain stupid and wasteful.

If he thinks she has it too easy. then give her more work. until she decides to get a job and/or move out.

if he wants to be a loving father. theres a better way to teach a lesson than to use violence and threats

Latest posts

Back