I know I'm young, but...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red914

Reaction score
I'm only 26, actually, but I'm very broken and depressed and truly alone right now. I broke the heart of the last girl I dated (three years ago), so I know I deserve to be cursed. This is why it's so hard to talk to anyone about my problems. What right do I have to be sad? I'm the selfish jerk who broke someone.

Anyway, now, I'm actively looking for someone to date, and there are no options. I really think I'm destined to be rejected anyway. And I guess I can learn to live with that. I feel pretty worthless.

I don't know how to deal with my feelings. I just need to talk to someone on here and learn to accept that I am undesirable to women and screwed it up with someone I shouldn't have.

I don't think that you deserve to be cursed. Even though you hurt your ex girlfriend badly, we all inadvertantly hurt others badly at times. We are all human and we all screw up. You are not worthless because of screwing up. You can use the knowledge and the maturity which you gained by this experience to make you more empathic in your treatment of others in future. I am sure that you will meet someone one day for a new relationship.

Tiina63 is right on the money. You aren't cursed.

Ok, so maybe you deserved to feel bad about what you did to your ex-girlfriend, at least for a little while. That you know what you did was wrong proves that you are not a self-satisfied, immature carbuncle on the butt-cheek of humanity. Right there, you have a head-start on 50% of guys your age .... (no, only joking, I have no idea how many guys your age are worthless arseholes)..

So don't dwell or wallow. You mucked it up, you hurt someone, you feel bad - you don't do that again! It's called learning and growing up...

You will find someone else, and you will do it better next time. :D

Everybody makes mistakes, it's easy to beat yourself up over it. But it's something you both will get over, besides it's been 3 years I'm pretty sure she has. One way to look at it is experience.

It'll take some time for you to get over this and move on, accepting that you made a mistake and that you've learnt from it and won't do the same thing again. By then, you should be able to forgive yourself so that you can move on with life. Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes such huge ones that we regret for the rest of our lives. But when things are done, they can't be undone so the only way is to just keep moving forward and live life the best you can and treat others as good as you can. Don't beat yourself up too much for too long, it doesn't do any good.

Eventually, when you've moved on from this, you'll meet other people and form new friendships and maybe even a new relationship. Don't ever give up. I wish you all the best.

The difference between good people and bad people is not how many bad things they do--everyone does some terrible things in their lifetime--but rather how they react to it. With your repentance, self-awareness, and consideration for your ex, you seem to be a good person. Accept that you have done something hurtful, but also realize that this does not make you a bad person, only human.

Latest posts

Back