I love my girlfriend!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally can't take someone seriously who proclaims they are in love after 2months of knowing someone. I think it points to someone who actually doesn't know what love is.

Took me about two months to know that I had love with my ex fiancee. This whole thing sounds like something I would have wrote 6 months ago. Just be careful, people can change without warning, even if they tell you they love you. It is a good idea to try and find other things in life besides your girlfriend that makes you happy like a certain goal or something you want to accomplish. Just have something else in your life just incase (not saying anything will happen but you never know for certain).

If it does happen and you have nothing else in your life you will be destroyed emotionally. It's like if you want to make a child cry you have to give it something fun it enjoys and take it away from them. That way they know what they had and are missing in there life, than if they never had it to begin with. Once again don't take what I am saying as a negative I just think your entire happiness should not stem just off of one person, trust me I been there and you have no idea the mental pain that will put you through if something happends.

Nice But Dim Jim said:
I personally can't take someone seriously who proclaims they are in love after 2months of knowing someone. I think it points to someone who actually doesn't know what love is.

I knew I loved my ex-wife within a few days of knowing her. We were together 15 years and I still miss her to this day, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't just imagining it.

Having said that, I may be the exception...

Nice But Dim Jim said:

You fall in love with someone and over time it changes from the first flourish of romantic love into something deeper, slow burning and more set in stone within you. So I disagree I think after a couple of months if you can see that you're heading down that road you can declare your love for someone, to be in love just means different things to different people and at different stages of a relationship. I don’t think anyone can define what someone else is feeling, and they can describe it how you want.

People get so hung up on questioning what it takes to be in love anyway, I'd be more concerned with questioning what it takes to be happy. Clearly this guy at the time of posting was happy, I see no need to be cynical, good luck to him!

Latest posts

Back