I Love You Karen

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried dating sites although only free ones, I cant afford to pay.

They are great if you want to exchange endless emails full of "lol"s, which I dont.

In the main they are useless, and full of divorced women looking for a Mail Order Catalogue model lookalike with a fat wallet. Very picky indeed. Ordinary looking guys like me with not much cash havent a hope in hell.

Honesty, caring and having a heart gets you nowhere

Oh, and I dont have one friend who isnt married. They all are, and they all live miles away from me.
I am stuck here on my bloody own and going slowly insane

I poured my heart out to her (again) in a letter last week and put in in an anniversary card. It came back today, returned to sender.

She wont even read my letters now

RobertJW said:
OK, I'll let you in on something.

A couple of months ago I found on the internet the NCDS - national Council for Divorced and separated. I got in contact with them, and one of them phoned me to go to one of their weekly meetings.

So, for the first time in many years I got dressed up and went to this NCDS meeting.

It was in a Working Mens Club (so the beer was cheap!) and someone met me just inside the door: so far so good.

I sat next to the organiser, a lady aged in her 50's. A few people came and said hello. I started to look around, and most of the people there were, how shall I put it.........old.

Now I am in my 40's but I dont really think I look that old. But this place........well, I was the youngest in the room by at least 10 years.

As the place filled up, more and more older people arrived. Some of them were pensioners. And the worst thing about it? Most of them were COUPLES!!!!

yes - these people had met at the NCDS, got married, and continue to go to the functions! Bizarre.

So I was in effect in a room full of 50 and 60 year old couples.

Naturally, I didnt go back. And I think that experience was just a little note telling me not to bother.

Too old for ordinary clubs (which I hate anyway) and too young for NCDS

((((((((Robert))))))))))
The people may be older but, do you think they may have some good advice? Do you think perhaps you might learn from them some ways to cope with your divorce? Try to look beyond thier age and see thier success :) Everyone has a story we can learn from.

As far as turning off your feelings, it only delays the healing process. Yeah, you could go out and use things to forget about your relationship. It's great to do that when you can't deal with the pain. However, in the end, your going to have to work through all those feelings :)

Hope you are having a better day, today.

She has changed her cellphone number again. But I found out what it was, and sent a long heartfelt text message.

I think I'm in trouble now. She phoned to shout at me, and now wont pick up the phone. I just cant help myself

Latest posts

Back