i made my dream happen but still sad and lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itti

Reaction score
So finally after 10 years of on and off , I graduated university with computer science degree . it was my dream to graduate since i went back i worked hard for it specialy last semester where i left work and put all my time in study and graduating project , ieven hardly posted here anymore
and for first time in my life i stoped being depressed i had something to do i get up early motivated and go back home 5 or 6 pm and study.
so now i am suppoed to be proud and happy that i finally did it , but i feel nothing at all same feeling i always had depression sadness empty.

and now facing the fact that i cant find job in jordan in this economic situation . well atleast a job that has to do with what i studied. i dont wanna go to the old jobs i had in resturents etc.. whats the point of all my work i did
why i feel whatever i do things never improve . its just frustrating i am 28 years old now and i just finished uni . maybe i went back to uni for wrong reasons . i promised my father before he died that i fix my life and graduate . and i did but maybe i shouldnt i am too old for it maybe . all ppl applying for jobs are in there early 20's and the few companies than not looking for experienced like to hire young ones to train em etc...
its actualy even worst now since i got nothing at all to do . do i go back to old jobs do i stay looking for jobs for what i studied, i just have 1 million questions and i hate it , i am still lonely i am still bored . even after i have made my dream happen. what did i do wrong

Congratulations on graduating!!
Sometimes when we work so hard for a very long time to complete a goal, we think about how wonderful everything will be when it happens- which is an excellent motivating tool to keep us focused and driven toward our goals.

Unfortunately, if we succeed and then there is no sweet payoff ready for the taking, we can feel very let down.

I quit smoking with an online friend who lives in the UK. We gave each other email support and our goal was to stay quit for a year.
When her 1 year milestone came, she didn't feel any different. After all her hard work "being good" around smokers, conquering her toughest challenges in addiction, one year passed by and she felt nothing changed at all.

When my 1 year milestone came by, I could see what she felt, but I looked back at what I had done- defeating my own demons, finding more strength in myself than I thought I had, and I said, "Wow! If I can do that, I can do anything I want!" and went on to lose 60 lbs, get a new job (making some new friends there) and really straighten out some parts of my life I wasn't happy with.

It's a HUGE accomplishment to work so hard at university and to finally graduate... see it for the success that it is... YOU did that, nobody could do that for you. It is difficult to find a job that you are skilled in and I can't promise it will be easy for you... but don't discount such a strong success like making your dream come true... if you can do that, you can succeed in fixing other things in your life you are not happy with.

Hey Itti, congratulations. Just remember - you've done it. It may seem a little anti-climactic at the moment, but you have acheived something worthwhile, something you should be rightly proud of. This achievement WILL help you, as you chose a degree relevant to occupations in the world today. I wish you all the best.

To get a degree in something then not be able to get work in my chosen filed would frustrate the hell out of me.

I would get any old job to start with at last that well keep you busy. You can still look for a job in computer science why your working.

Try and not get to disheartened. I know its easier said then done. But still you done well to do what you have already.

itti is the bomb diggidi =)

such a nice guy :)

I am glad that your dream came true; your father would have been so proud of you.Don't give up now my freiend.Sometimes, we have to reach to our final destination through other roads. Go back to your old job. Other opportunities to start fresh might arise from your old job.It does not matter if you wash the dishes, what matter is that you are working.Trust me, it's better than nothing.If you stay home, you won't have a chance to meet people but in the old job, you might be able to network with customers and others.From there, you can stay in touch with the people that you will meet and maybe one of them might recommend you for a job in your field. Be humble, and do the job that you got.

Congratulations!!!

Graduating university is a great feat so be proud of yourself. Finding a job afterward...is another feat in itself. Start off lower but whatever you do...try to get a job in your field cause if you go back to the restaurant business...you'll end up wasting your degree. Be confident and do your best...sometimes you just have to do it the old fashioned way...climb the corporate ladder. Always make it clear that you are planning to climb and that you are doing your best and that you're worth to move up. This will give you another goal to work towards. This is how most of us keep going...we set goals and we aim for them.

So smile and be proud of yourself :)

Nice to see you again, Itti! *hugs*
You should be proud of what you ahve accomplished.
I wish you luck on the job search.

Congratulations on your graduation.I doubt I would even be able to graduate.

Jobs are hard to find and employers are looking for working experience.How about getting a job tht may not be related to your studies?This may provide the working experience that you need to proceed to the job you want.

I'm in a similar position, I graduated a couple years ago and couldn't find work in the field that I studied, so I'm working in a different industry. I understand your frustration, I really want to be able to use everything I learned in college. Actually, a lot of people end up working in an industry different from what they originally studied, just because it's difficult to find work.

I'd continue to look for work in computer science, but be open to other things as well. Other positions can help you build skills - leadership, problem solving, mediation skills - things that apply to every job, even if they're not the most interesting.

Don't get down on yourself! No job can tell you what you're worth, only you can tell yourself that. And the thing is, with jobs it could all change tomorrow. Tomorrow you could land that position that you've been looking for, you never know, so don't give up!

itti said:
So finally after 10 years of on and off , I graduated university with computer science degree . it was my dream to graduate since i went back i worked hard for it specialy last semester where i left work and put all my time in study and graduating project , ieven hardly posted here anymore
and for first time in my life i stoped being depressed i had something to do i get up early motivated and go back home 5 or 6 pm and study.
so now i am suppoed to be proud and happy that i finally did it , but i feel nothing at all same feeling i always had depression sadness empty.

and now facing the fact that i cant find job in jordan in this economic situation . well atleast a job that has to do with what i studied. i dont wanna go to the old jobs i had in resturents etc.. whats the point of all my work i did
why i feel whatever i do things never improve . its just frustrating i am 28 years old now and i just finished uni . maybe i went back to uni for wrong reasons . i promised my father before he died that i fix my life and graduate . and i did but maybe i shouldnt i am too old for it maybe . all ppl applying for jobs are in there early 20's and the few companies than not looking for experienced like to hire young ones to train em etc...
its actualy even worst now since i got nothing at all to do . do i go back to old jobs do i stay looking for jobs for what i studied, i just have 1 million questions and i hate it , i am still lonely i am still bored . even after i have made my dream happen. what did i do wrong

well done for graduating. There are no "wrong reasons" for wanting to better yourself as a person through education or anything else. It's just a tough time economically world wide. Alot of people are leaving universities with brilliant qualifications and remaining unemployed. It's just bad timing, you can't help that. 28 isn't too old. It costs less to hire someone like you than pay for training someone younger.

Doing odd jobs for a while is a good idea. It doesn't have to be your entire life. It's just a transitionary period. It's easier to find the job you want when you are in work. Get a temporary job and continue trying to find your dream job maybe? When humans complete any dream they usually crave another obstacle shortly after "the grass is always greener" kind of thing. You sound like someone full of ambition and there is nothing wrong with that, its what makes dreams happen.

If you achieved this much, it would be a shame not to push further. You didn't do anything wrong and the situation is just unlucky. Maybe comuting further for a job you want might be good?

I hope you do find the job you want. Some people have no idea at all of where to go in terms of career direction or ambitions. You know what you want to do, and it will probably be a matter of time until you find that job.

Latest posts

Back