I misunderstood a confession

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocky243

Reaction score
I made a thread awhile back and now im sure this guy is flirting with me. I talk with him yesterday night and I found out we had more similar things in common than I think.... But during that time he told me how much he was desperate to look for a girlfriend. So there was a new girl in my class and I think he wanted to go for her. He was about to then he told my how his intention were inconsiderate. I found out he was desperate and I told him back that I was to. How friends didn't fill our lonliness but wanted a partner.

The very next day we didn't really have much of an interaction till the end of the day. I was talking to one of his friend and he snatched his phone away from him and texted me a nickname he always calls me. Then when I arrived in his classroom, he immediatly started messing around with me. The things he use to do back then, Poking my cheeks and stuff like that. So I sat down and he sat right beside me, then he suddenly held my hand and asked "Do you want to go out?". I replied with "Go out where". I know pretty stupid, but the whole point of me going to his classroom was to hang out with my sister and with some other people. So I don't know if im thinking too much or I heard wrong or what he actually said was "Where do you want to go?" I can't really remember. When we left the classroom he kept teasing me poking my cheeks and stuff and there were times where he would just stare at me.What was bad though was when we were walking i completly shut down. When I shut down I don't talk or say anything. So he kept trying to make a conversation with me and I didn't know what to say. When he left I kinda relaized all these things and I felt like I completly blew him off. Yet im not absolutly sure we can be together. I'm atleast 5 years younger than him. I don't know if I will be able to talk to him. It's chinese new years holiday for two weeks. I'm scared I don't want to lose this chance to be with him.

Well if you keep shutting down it's making it more difficult for him, you need to let him know you're interested. If you're shy it doesn't matter, just look like you're interested in little ways I'm sure he'll understand. The more time you spend with this guy the more comfortable you'll feel, you just gotta pursue the initial "pressure".

Good luck!

The age difference shouldn't make a difference, but if it is awkward, and you don't want to date him, you should tell him so.

It sounds like you're just very inexperienced and scared. Take the step to call. When someone is into you, and he obviously he is, then all they want to hear is you feel the same way. You have all these doubts before anything has even started. You'll always be able to find reasons not to do something. Don't forget about the reasons why you should.

I'm not sure of you're age. Age matters when you're young, and considering you're still in school, it might matter. I'd say after college age doesn't mean anything.

I would say the age factor may matter very much - you said you are at school, so if this is high school and he is 5 years older than you, you might be underage and him not. In that case keep well away, he shouldn't be even thinking of you like that.

If this isn't the case, then try to sort it out with him, honesty is best, tell him you thought he was asking you out and if so, you are interested. But be careful in any case, if you are young and he is so much older, he may have expectations out of a relationship that you are too inexperienced to handle.

jaguarundi said:
I would say the age factor may matter very much - you said you are at school, so if this is high school and he is 5 years older than you, you might be underage and him not. In that case keep well away, he shouldn't be even thinking of you like that.

If this isn't the case, then try to sort it out with him, honesty is best, tell him you thought he was asking you out and if so, you are interested. But be careful in any case, if you are young and he is so much older, he may have expectations out of a relationship that you are too inexperienced to handle.

This is good advice.

I'd say that, once you're both over 21, it doesn't matter that much. And once you're over 21, you can do the age-gap test that is usually accurate for both men and women (half your age + 7.)

For example, a 21 year old can date a 17.5 year old, which rounds up to 18 (you always round up.)

Latest posts

Back