I only know the feeling of heartbreak.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Created_From

Reaction score
I've never been in a relationship. Only confusing messed that end up with me feeling horrible. They always look like something special in the beginning but for some reason they always end up saying they don't feel the same way I do. I have a "friend" who spent the first couple months of our friendship asking me to talk long walks with him through the city and sending me extremely beautiful love poems... Too bad they're about a girl he can't stop thinking about.

I only ever know this feeling. This horrible loneliness that seems to eat a hole through me... It's not fair... I don't know what else to do...... I can't even cry anymore.

Some peeps are obsessed with finding "LOVE" . There is nothing wrong with you . But you need to let go the idea of finding LOVE and just live your life normally . Things will happen automatically, believe me!

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm assuming you've had initial relationships but they've never worked out. Maybe this is something you need to be clear about from the very beginning, explain that you don't want to waste your time.

I guess it's like when a guy thinks he's getting close to a girl because she talks to him about personal things and share's a lot of stuff, but then it turns out that she's suddenly in a relationship and she only like's you as a friend. This has happened to me a few times too.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry that happened to you. Its happened to me countless times too. And I know how confusing it can be, because although you don't want to jump to conclusions, the things they do can be very convincing. Like with those poems especially. Anyone would think that's a romantic gesture.

I think the best thing to do is to avoid letting our feelings get too strong until the other person openly admits their feelings. Or, we have to take the risk and make the move.

But please don't be discouraged by the few bad apples. There are a lot of good guys out there!

Wow, that guy really sent the wrong messages, I'm sorry he did that.

I can agree with the advice above, just hang in there, and welcome to ALL!

Hi Created_From, I'm sorry he was misled you. It's not easy to just stop thinking about him and move on, but I think that's really the best thing you can do here. There's bound to be so many more people you'll meet in life, don't limit those chances. You deserve more than this at least. So don't give up all right? *hugs*

Also, welcome to the forum!

9006 said:
I'm sorry to hear that, I'm assuming you've had initial relationships but they've never worked out. Maybe this is something you need to be clear about from the very beginning, explain that you don't want to waste your time.

I guess it's like when a guy thinks he's getting close to a girl because she talks to him about personal things and share's a lot of stuff, but then it turns out that she's suddenly in a relationship and she only like's you as a friend. This has happened to me a few times too.

Welcome to the forum!

A "few" times :p

Welcome to the forum, Form. Please don't feel too down as being alone is certainly not that bad. You have a lot of freedom and the excitement that comes from it. And nobody's holding your heart hostage. On the other hand, there's plenty of bad feelings in a relationship and a possible break-up. I've experienced what a break-up is like and it puts you in a terrible mental state. If you want one relationship more, you will have to accept one break-up more. But you've spared yourself of that somehow.

Lol, what I said reminds me the fable by Aesop about the fox and the sour grapes. Doesn't mean there's no truth in it.

Also, feel free to PM me at any time :)

Latest posts

Back