I picked this nickname because...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked my handle because I loved Final Fantasy VII, even though half of the time I had no idea what was going on in it. :D

The idea that the planet is alive and that its energy, its spirit gives life to everything and everyone and that we're all connected through that: the Lifestream. I've spent most of my life feeling separate and disconnected from other people, so the idea of a great river that runs through us all is really, really beautiful to me. :)

I could have sworn I'd answered this before...

In real life, Cavey has always been my nickname - I'm a hairy mofo.

Well mine was because my name is Richard...and, uhh...I'll be 39 this year.
(Yeah, I'm a super deep guy like that).

Actually, on other forums I've gone by a lot of other names, which I won't list here entirely. Suffice it to say most people once knew me as Hellbringner. Long time ago. Aptly named.

Mine was a little calculated.

I wanted a name that would identify me to other Australians, but would fly over the heads of others. So did not want some "g'day kangaroo mate" crap. So "The Loaded Dog" is a famous humorous short story which every Aussie knows. It's by Henry Lawson, who I am related to (distantly), and who is probably best described as our Mark Twain (same 19th century dry humour). It's funny when Americans and others think "loaded" means "wealthy". Nope. The dog had a live (fuse lit) TNT cartridge in his mouth. He was literally loaded.

I've had the handle since the mid 1990s, back when a lot of sites wouldn't let you have spaces in your name. Now you can, but I got possessive of it, and I keep it that way.

I refer the honourable members to the answer the other Cavey gave four messages ago.

My names comes from Numerology. My "Life Path" is the number 1. Which is the loneliest life path of them all (from what I've read!) so I thought it suited this site perfectly.

Cavey said:
I refer the honourable members to the answer the other Cavey gave four messages ago.

Hey wait, is that your evil twin brother? Or is Cavey Cavey? I've seen that round with older members, why are there two of you?

Richard_39 said:
Cavey said:

Hey wait, is that your evil twin brother? Or is Cavey Cavey? I've seen that round with older members, why are there two of you?

He's the evil twin me from 2012/13-2015. He was much more popular... he had >150 populari... I mean 'reputation' points. :D

Cavey said:
Richard_39 said:
Cavey said:

He's the evil twin me from 2012/13-2015. He was much more popular... he had >150 populari... I mean 'reputation' points. :D

Oh I thought this Cavey was the evil twin if we're comparing the points thingy. :p

ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:
Richard_39 said:
Cavey said:

Oh I thought this Cavey was the evil twin if we're comparing the points thingy. :p

Shut it, woman!

(I figure that being dismissive to the forum Fairy Godmother (and women in general) has to be good for some evil points... right?) :p

i thought it was cool.

i want to change but i already did.

i guess i just have to get used to it.

Cavey said:
ladyforsaken said:
Cavey said:
Richard_39 said:
Cavey said:

Shut it, woman!

(I figure that being dismissive to the forum Fairy Godmother (and women in general) has to be good for some evil points... right?) :p

Well, a meanie doesn't listen to Call Me Maybe (gosh that song annoys me). :p

ladyforsaken said:
Mine was because I actually felt forsaken at the time when I joined this forum. Thus the name ladyforsaken. Now it sounds kinda stupid and emo, though.

I still think my username sounds stupid and emo lol. Just don't know what would be a better one.

I still think my username sounds stupid and emo lol. Just don't know what would be a better one.

Missnomer? It just came to me one day...

I picked it because I needed a name that was descriptive of what I was... I considered 30yovirgin, but seeing I was actually 32 at the time, and I like round numbers too much to change it to 32yovirgin... stangely though had I waited 2 months I could have done 33yovirgin which is ok again because it's devisable by 11 :D

It was misterlonely, I couldn't think of anything better, today I do think my usename is stupid as well.

MisterLonely said:
I picked it because I needed a name that was descriptive of what I was... I considered 30yovirgin, but seeing I was actually 32 at the time, and I like round numbers too much to change it to 32yovirgin... stangely though had I waited 2 months I could have done 33yovirgin which is ok again because it's devisable by 11 :D

It was misterlonely, I couldn't think of anything better, today I do think my usename is stupid as well.

IMO I really like your name and avatar....makes you look friendly and approachable.....now mine it's just annoying now took ten seconds to think it up and put down :club:

I just happen to like seahorses, but I googled them and they are pretty cool little creatures who weather the most dire circumstances by clinging to rocks in turbulent seas and waiting for the storm to pass

Latest posts

Back