I picked this nickname because...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone in chat called me temperamental a long time ago. It was better than the original name I chose.

Took me 2 hours to come up with this one, it's my game name. Nemesis is the Greek god of retribution and I thought Red just went with it.

Kept my real name. On a site where being honest with yourself foremost seemed paramount, would be disserving to do anything else, to me.

Rodent said:
Certainly, Mr. Thirtynine.

lol Come on, wasnt going to write my REAL last name. And I figured just Richard would be taken. But I am 39, so it fits ;-)

Richard_39 said:
Rodent said:
Certainly, Mr. Thirtynine.

lol Come on, wasnt going to write my REAL last name. And I figured just Richard would be taken. But I am 39, so it fits ;-)

Hey, don't take my opportunity to be a smartass away...

Contrary to my username, I'm anything but wonderwoman. I made that name when I started an online journal (it made me create a username) to get my thoughts and feelings out about a seriously rough time I was going through and still am really. I was at an all time low and just chuckled at the irony of it. Trust me, I'm anything but wonderwoman. I just thought I'd use it here as well.

th

I want to destroy Aquaman!

I was 17 and most of my friends were online and not irl. They all convinced me to play an MMO that was heavy on legitimate role playing. I needed to come up with a unique name other than "SSJ2GohanZ" lol (embarrassingly, I used to be a self taught webmaster of a fairly well known Dragonball Z website in my teenage years). So, at the time I was heavily into and absolutely adored, Kingdom Hearts (still do). It's a mixture of the two main protagnist's names. Sora, and Riku.

It's stuck with me ever since and I use it on everything, including my Xbox Gamertag which thankfully I have with no numbers in it's purity. Which is rare in the gaming community lol.

It's from a Cormac McCarthy book, Blood Meridian.

"When the lambs is lost in the mountain, he said. They is cry. Sometime come the mother. Sometime the wolf."

For most of my life I felt like I was walking through waist deep water. At this point in my life it sometimes feels like it's up to my chest.

sometimesthewolf said:
It's from a Cormac McCarthy book, Blood Meridian.

"When the lambs is lost in the mountain, he said. They is cry. Sometime come the mother. Sometime the wolf."

Awesome book.

I named myself after my vacuum cleaner.

I picked this user name because I love soft music. Music with beautiful melodies.
I love ambient music. <3 It relaxes my mind.

SoftMelodies said:
I picked this user name because I love soft music. Music with beautiful melodies.
I love ambient music. <3 It relaxes my mind.

I’m a huge fan of melodic dubstep. Probably not the ambient music you’re referring to, but ever time I see your username, that’s what I think of. 

So 3 years ago, I had what you could call a catastrophic equipment failure while rock climbing and fell 55 feet down the side of a cliff. First responders, doctors, nurses, everybody told me I “should be dead”, yet here I am. I broke 8 vertebrae, destroyed both ankles, spent 6 weeks in the hospital, and literally had laid flat on my back for 3 months.  Now I live with chronic, debilitating pain everyday. But I’m alive and I can walk, most days anyway :/

Latest posts

Back