I really like this girl, not sure if she likes me?..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rambo_Muscle

Reaction score
Hi.

Well, I like this girl that works at the supermarket, she's always working at the counter so it makes it extremely difficult to talk to her for a long period of time, I find I am always rushing in the conversation when we have one..

So I know a bit about her, I know what days she works, she likes football, she likes going to football, she does hairdressing, etc, don't no much more then that, except her name because its on her tag haha.

She doesn't know much about me, she doesn't know my name and I haven't really said her name or anything so she wouldn't know that I know it..

I have been trying to talk to her for 6+ months now and have been having small conversations.. sometimes I see her but I don't go to the counter..

-- She laughs sometimes when I say something, (when I try to be funny anyway, like "Hows work?" Shes like its okay.. then I'm like "Pretty boring isn't it?" and she laughs.

She looks at me then looks away quickly before I can even have the chance to wave or say hello from a distance away.. I'm not sure if she smiles, but I've seen her do it a few times, she looks at me, looks away then smiles to herself, but not always.

So today I went down to the shops and I saw her.. though she was helping a new person at the counter.. so she wasn't by herself (**** WAS KICKING MYSELF) so I said to myself, I'll wave and say hi to her when she looks.. problem is! She looks so dam fast and looks away I don't have the chance and it annoys me (KICKING MYSELF AGAIN!!)

So she's always on my mind and I want to get to know her name, well let her know that I know it and introduce myself.. Something along the lines of "Hey, so your name is "X" did I say that correctly (because her name is unique, never heard of it before) and then I would say something like "that's a beautiful name" and follow up with something like its unique never heard of it before, then ask what background nationality its from, etc and lead into a conversation..

Then I was going to walk away after I take my items and if its clear (No customers queuing up, then I can walk back and say, "Hey "X" I know you can't really talk while at work, but while no ones around, did you want to get lunch with me tomorrow?"

So, how does this sound? Please help me, I find I am always stuck when I am at the shops and I get really upset, depressed and feeling like I am no good :(

Never been on a date, never had a girlfriend, never even kissed =/ so yeah.. I'm 20, good looking, fit, athletic build, need help please.

Thanks all.

Appreciate the time you've taken to read it.

Hitting up on super market girls is retarded...
Dude, she must be something or/and you're totally gun shy.
Either ask her or dont ask her.

K....i do get ya.
The bartender chick.She likes flirting with me or playing with fire. She's also one of those woman that's not going to give it up to anyone.
When you go at her...you really need to have all your ducks in the role. Mentally, emotionally and finacially.
She's heard too many lines and her heart have been broken. Lots of informations she'll tell me that she wont tell anyone.
so im way way past guessing what she really wants...Im one of her options.
She mentions many many things to me...just to get her piont acrossed.
Like agreeing with me on things to let me know she likes me or will consider me.
Said something about her EX but didnt go on and on about it. Cuase she knows Im fucken hung up on my EX.lmao
Either get my honeysuckle together or dont, Get over whatever the fresia I need to get over, If i wish to be with her....

super market girls???? Whazooo of guys coming in the store daily.
She'll either set rules or boundaires for herself when it pretains to cunstommers.

The same would apply with bartenders.So Im not getting all emotionally cuaght up with Heather.
Not unless i come straight up at her with finacial security so that she dosnt have to bartend anymore
and have other career options. And forget about my ex...period.
She's not stupid but she'll play with her own set of boundaries.

At 20....what I had going for me was exposure to women. By defualt or just life situations.
I was living in a dormatory that was co-ads. Just doing my luandry i would run into a babe
I havnt met or just moved in and strike up sometype of conversatons with them.
Sometimes I'll just go sit in the main TV room at night...like a sunday night.
Eventaully a chick will do the samething as I do...that's how we'll meet and start talking.
So i was spoil in this way that i didnt really had to go too far out of my way to meet different women
on a regular basis. But I wasnt the only dude living at the dorm...so there's plenty of competitions.
Neve the less...it gave me plenty of exposure in social enteractions with people straight across the board.
As far as meeting girls or getting blown off by them. You simply move on faster if there's more women you're
getting exposed to coming down the pipes.

My current life situations..well Im not spoiled like i used to be.
So Im having to go places to be more exposed to women. It's just simple logic.
Heather is one of my options....

With the amount of emotional investment you have into this chick without even really knowing her.
You're simply are just going to have to ask her out and let the chip falls where they land.

Just go ask her out, the worst thing she can do is say "no", but either way at least you will know instead of needing to go to the store every day for the next 6 months and hoping the right circumstances present themselves.

Ha ha, OP this is the 4th time you have started the same post asking the same thing!

Grasp the proverbial nettle! Carpe diem! love wont wait!

As Barbaloot says, whats the worst that can happen? You know your qualities, every relationship that has ever started in the history of mankind has begun with one person showing their interest in the other. Theres no other way to make it happen, slipping her a love potion wont work you are just gonna have to bite the bullet, seize the day, man up... I will simply keep firing cliches at you until you ask her out! :)

Just think worst case scenario.. 10 seconds of embarrasment, she declines and its done and you can be happy you at least asked and be safe in the knowledge that you have paid her a huge compliment...that is I saw you standing there stacking shelves and you rock my world, wheres the harm in that? Just smile and say "sorry I had to ask, I hope you don't mind"...she really wont, if you are polite. You can't lose really!

The Good Citizen said:
Ha ha, OP this is the 4th time you have started the same post asking the same thing!

Grasp the proverbial nettle! Carpe diem! love wont wait!

As Barbaloot says, whats the worst that can happen? You know your qualities, every relationship that has ever started in the history of mankind has begun with one person showing their interest in the other. Theres no other way to make it happen, slipping her a love potion wont work you are just gonna have to bite the bullet, seize the day, man up... I will simply keep firing cliches at you until you ask her out! :)

Just think worst case scenario.. 10 seconds of embarrasment, she declines and its done and you can be happy you at least asked and be safe in the knowledge that you have paid her a huge compliment...that is I saw you standing there stacking shelves and you rock my world, wheres the harm in that? Just smile and say "sorry I had to ask, I hope you don't mind"...she really wont, if you are polite. You can't lose really!

I've been in this situation a few times. I always did ask the girl out. In the end you've got to do it. Ask and then move on to somebody else. Good luck but your chances are slim. Just get it over with.

Working in a shop myself and with alot of women workers, you do see the occasional guy who gets a crush. One guy presented one of the women with a bunch of flowers on valentines day. She wasn't interested by the way. I think when women like a guy they make it obvious. There is always some guy who the women are drooling over. And it is usually go nothing to do with what he says or how he acts. It's all about his looks. And of course if one woman likes him then they all do.

Latest posts

Back