I sold something via Craigslist this evening

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know it's not really a worthwhile post, but I consider it somewhat of a positive experience.

I posted a bunch of stuff for sale on Craigslist back in April and got quite a few responses, but I never emailed/called anyone back because I simply didn't want to deal with talking to them. ( I don't enjoy talking to people)

I guess what motivated me to start contacting people was the fact that I wanted to raise some money to buy some illegal (in my area) fireworks that I have to have sent to a trucking freight terminal in a neighboring state and drive 3 hrs. round trip to pick them up.

So on Sunday I set up a meeting with this guy named Antonio who was interested in buying my minibike. A minibike is kind of like a dirt bike, but it's smaller with really fat tires. Anyways, he showed up and I felt pretty comfortable talking to him, he was about 20 and a really nice guy. We talked for maybe 10 minutes, but he decided he wasn't going to take the bike.

Then today I set up a meeting with this guy Mike who I guess drives a mail truck of some sort and lives about an hour away. He was a really nice guy too, I told him all about the bike and we talked for about 10 minutes. I hopped on it and showed him what it could do, I like to ride it aggressively and I think that made him think twice about getting on it, because he was really insistent that he didn't want to try it out- said he was afraid he'd dump (crash) it. He ended up buying it, which was fantastic. Now I don't have to worry about talking to anybody else in order to sell it. I guess it was for his 13 yr. old daughter (which was surprising)

I even have another meeting set up with a guy named Jason, he wants to trade me a canoe and some cash for my snowmobile. I want the snowmobile gone so, so bad- so hopefully the deal will go through.

Something funny- when I was doing some laps trying to get the minibike warmed up before Antonio arrived, I hit a bump too hard and the ******* headlight broke completely off and was dragging on the ground hanging by electrical wire. It snapped right off and there was no way to repair it, so I had to just cut the wire and take the whole thing off. I've had this thing for over two years, and of all the times for something to go wrong with it, it happens just minutes before I'm about to show it.

The guy who bought it tonight never mentioned the missing headlight even though the pictures/video I advertised show it attached.

I had to talk to both of these guys on the phone in order to set up the meetings, and I impressed myself with my phone skills. My phone rings maybe once a month, if that- so I don't do a whole lot of talking. I was really smooth though, didn't have any awkward moments, and I was somewhat proud of myself. You'd never even know that I speak to maybe 5 people a year, I sounded just like I was a regular person :)

Now if I can just motivate myself to talk to people when a reward of money isn't involved.

It sounds like you did well..

Latest posts

Back