I think it's sad that we never got George Carlin in the UK ..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Solitary man

Reaction score
I had never heard of George Carlin until a couple of years ago, and discovered him by stumbling upon one of his videos on Youtube. Since then I've watched quite a bit of his material, and the guy was just great. He tackled social, political and religious topics with intelligence, wit, and fervour, and his delivery was impeccable.

Perhaps he was just a very American comedian who never visited the UK? I don't know if he did or not, but what he said about the States is just as relevant here as indeed any Western capitalist country:

[video=youtube]

More beautiful truth:

[video=youtube]

I love George Carlin. I now have all of his HBO specials and am slowly making my way through them. I don't think he did come to the UK which is a shame.
[video=youtube]

He's unbelievable! so clever... and funny at the same time.

Not just another stand up dude. This man nails it on so meany topics with such clarity, when I watch him on stage I feel that watching him perform purveys my spirit. Such display of intelligence... is not seen often.

I always loved watching george carlin. One of those guys who makes you laugh and think at the same time.

Latest posts

Back