I want a girlfriend.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fragile

Reaction score
So... How do I do? I've tried most things. From being myself to internet dating. The only female I've had a longer relationship with was rather cruel to me (she had sex with others on the side).

Why is that?, do I come off as a wuss or what? Help please.

(Excuse the poor language/grammar, I'm in a bad mood right now.)

That's not really a lot of information to go on. I don't think there is any specific way to get a girlfriend other than to put yourself out there and keep trying. Meet new people, broaden your horizons and try new things. That type of thing. Good luck

Callie said:
That's not really a lot of information to go on. I don't think there is any specific way to get a girlfriend other than to put yourself out there and keep trying. Meet new people, broaden your horizons and try new things. That type of thing. Good luck

That's exactly what I'm doing! But on the critical side I think I'm coming of as rather insecure though.

Fragile said:
Callie said:

That's exactly what I'm doing! But on the critical side I think I'm coming of as rather insecure though.

The more you do it, the easier it will be (as long as you don't let your doubts/fears get in the way)

Callie said:
Fragile said:
Callie said:

The more you do it, the easier it will be (as long as you don't let your doubts/fears get in the way)

Yeah, it's gotten better, but my doubt and fears are definetly still there thogh. I want them to go away, but how do I do that?

Fragile said:
So... How do I do? I've tried most things. From being myself to internet dating. The only female I've had a longer relationship with was rather cruel to me (she had sex with others on the side).

Well I wanted a girlfriend when I was 16. I'm 43 now. That's a long time without having much success !

I went out with a woman in 1996 for 3 weeks and had 6 weeks with a woman last year. That's it !

Why ?

Probably a mixture of alot of reasons.

I'm pig ugly / silly looking, that doesn't help.
I have a miserable sounding voice and poor body language.
I don't drink, have friends, go out or meet new people.
I don't appear to have alot of money eg drive a car.

I don't think my personality comes into it much. I am way different now to when I was 16, way more out going. Hasn't helped me much.

It's nothing to do with me not picking up signals.

putter65 said:
Fragile said:

Well I wanted a girlfriend when I was 16. I'm 43 now. That's a long time without having much success !

I went out with a woman in 1996 for 3 weeks and had 6 weeks with a woman last year. That's it !

Why ?

I don't think my personality comes into it much. I am way different now to when I was 16, way more out going. Hasn't helped me much.

1. Looks doesnen't mean honeysuckle, personality does.
2. You can always train your voice. (I have a weak voice, but I try n train it.
3. Who needs to drink? Just act out! The others won't notice much since they're drunk...
4. Money and a car doesen't mean a honeysuckle, it's how you make her feel that matters.

Fragile said:
putter65 said:
Fragile said:

Why ?

3. Who needs to drink? Just act out! The others won't notice much since they're drunk...
4. Money and a car doesen't mean a honeysuckle, it's how you make her feel that matters.

looks don't matter ?

not sure about that. They matter to men. Why should women be different ?

putter65 said:
Fragile said:
putter65 said:
Fragile said:

Why ?

looks don't matter ?

not sure about that. They matter to men. Why should women be different ?

Women are driven by emotions. More so than men. It's how you make them feel that matters more than anything. Looks doesen't matter to males. You could look like Gollum, but as long as you act confident and stand by what you believe it won't matter. "Beuty and the beast" you know.

Fragile, I think you should follow your own ideas, and you'd be fine. Sounds well enough to me.

Also, I know a whole bunch of dudes now that don't care about looks. Because if they did, they'd slap themselves silly for who they married.

Problem is that when I follow my own ideals, that girl either end up cheating on me or goes with some other guy. Or maybe I don't get the point? Maybe I'm still a "puppy" in this game of finding love?

Fragile said:
Problem is that when I follow my own ideals, that girl either end up cheating on me or goes with some other guy. Or maybe I don't get the point? Maybe I'm still a "puppy" in this game of finding love?

That can happen though, its a fact of life and its not nice when it happens. Always start with a clean slate though, the next girl you meet trust her, don't judge her by the mistakes of others.

The whole training your voice thing, I don't think thats needed that sounds to me like you are over thinking it. What makes for a good situation to be in when getting to know someone is just act naturally, don't show off too much, just treat them like another human being you are getting to know. Don't be afraid to be self effacing, if you are rubbish at something tell her, its a good quality. Listen to what she has to say, take an interest, ask questions, dont see it as if you are on stage at a talent show with 3 minutes to impress, in fact just forget she is female as best you can, you're just chatting away to a person.

You can practice this with anyone, take the time to be sociable.. make friends with as many people as you can. Over time opportunities will present themselves where you think you've been getting on well with a girl and then just ask, no harm in showing someone you're attracted to them! I think having a quiet confidence about you and not going all out to impress is best, she'll decide if she is attracted to you anyway, you don't need to oversell it.

Well there you go thats my input. :p

I am also someone who is looking for a girlfriend, and doesn't know where to look. Heck, I've never even been out on a date, and I'm 29!

I know I must come across as desperate, but I'm turning 30 in 6 months, and wondering if I'll ever kiss a girl. Much less have sex.

You're going about it the wrong way...man.
What you wanna do is settle on 25 GF then kindda narrow down the field.
Since you're a dude and all...and there's fucken generlizations going on.
Go with the mother fucken flow of just be a slut...Oops, i mean a stud.
fresia it ...fresia them all.

It's really amazing to watch cats fight over ya.
You gatta experince that a couple of times in your life time.
It'll boots your fucken ego that'll last a couple of life times
and you'll really need it for those shitty fucken moments life will throw at ya....
I'm the creatator of my experinces and life :p
Cat fights...I wnat more fucken cat fights.lmao

K.... if looks and emotions dont matter. You gatta do the next best thing.
Like go down town and know how to hit that spot really really good.
Love or no love...she'll always remember me :)
It's not all about me....lol
The girl next door will get really currious too.

If that dosnt work...fresia it. Just fucken throw money at them.
Diamonds are girls best friends remember....
Dont let your mind get twisted. We all know what they want and need.

Dont sweat it dudes...you'll have the rest of eternity to sort the honeysuckle out after you fucken die.
If god wont allow me into heaven....God will just send me back to this fucken rock for more
punishments until I learn how to bang Mrs. Right, right right.:p

Latest posts

Back