I want out!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathedral

Reaction score
I am thinking about moving sometime before this year ends, but it seems really daunting for me to look up places, to pack up, and move into a place unknown. I feel like I need some guidance as to where to even start. I know that paradise does not exist, but surely, something more suited to me than where I am currently at (Jackson, TN, USA). Just some things here:

1. Resources for (independent) Adults with Autism: I am an adult with some not-so-obvious but difficult mental issues to cope with. I have been diagnosed with High Functioning Autism (AKA Asperger's Syndrome), ADD, ADHD, and depression. Really, I'd like to meet some other people on the autism spectrum and maybe someone who is qualified to assist someone like me. (Won't find that in Jackson, TN) I know that I can be independent, but I will need some real help to achieve that.

2. No Car Required to Live (Good Public Transportation): This completely rules out just about any place that is not urban, and even a lot of urban areas, because the USA is a fucktard of a country which sucks the dick of the failing automobile corporations in Detroit and the infinitely greedy and successful giant oil corporations, so that in 95 percent of the areas of the country, people have to either have a car, beg/pay for a ride with someone else (or a private van transportation company, or taxi), walk ten miles to the grocery store with a huge backpack, or STARVE! But that's a completely different thread. I just want to be able to go here and there cheaply (by using maybe the city bus, tram, el-rail, subway, or something like that), and without having to worry about being late or having to get up fuckass early.

Jackson, TN has city buses, and it's cheap to ride ($1), but only like five or 6 buses serve the majority of the area and it can be difficult or time consuming to get to certain places because the routes were designed by cheap, greedy monkeys who are too cheap to get more than a handful of buses. Go figure.

3. No ******* Large Hail, Tornadoes, Hurricanes, Earthquakes, or Forestfires Destroying My House/Apartment or Killing/Maiming Me Every Month: Just no. I'm sorry, but I'm ******* frightened of thunderstorms as it is. Okay? Maybe I could live with a harsh summer or a harsh winter in certain cases, as long as I do NOT have to worry about putting up with the bullshit that the fucktards who decide to live in Florida and Mississippi do.

Jackson, TN does pretty good in this regard. Destructive weather is a very rare occurrence, the potential mega-earthquake be damned.

4. Low-Crime Areas Only: Sorry, I don't want any gangsta-wannabe sociopath/psychopath breaking into my home and snatching my computer or killing me because I'm going to call the cops. I'm not dyslexic, but pretty **** close to it. And I am too ******* poor and depressed to be robbed in the first place. In more than one way, if you catch my drift.

I got robbed once in Jackson, TN. It was by an employee at the community college bookstore, not some random gangsta-wannabe sociopath in the street (even though I see plenty of Government-Auctioned Ford Crown Vics with 22 inch rims). Completely avoidable.

5. I'm poor as fresia.: So that rules out Hollywood and Beverly Hills, I guess.

6. USA, Canada, or bust: As messed up as our "great" country is, I'm sure it only gets worse in the rest of the world.

So, there we go. I'm not being too specific or demanding, right?

If it helps, Sydney in Australia seems like a good place for you.

Australia has extra-ordinary (which I hate) social welfare and support system, which I am sure will include support groups for people with your condition. Sydney has good climate, very few natural disasters. The crime rate , I am sure, is much lower than US.

Hi-
Good for you for making a move toward change. How about the Pacific Northwest, like Seattle or Portland? You really should visit any place you want to go to first before you move, too. There's no perfect place that's going to meet all your criteria but when you visit any potential place you want to move to, you'll know right away whether you like it or not.
And, sorry, I have no idea what Asperger's syndrome is and I thought ADHD is pretty much the same as ADD. Why are you using medical diagnoses to label yourself?

Teresa

Oh, and I should let you people know that the apartment I am currently staying in, the rent is 500 dollars a month, including utilities. Not really willing to pay more than that.

Going to have a tough time on that one unless you're willing to bend on the low crime rate area.

I do know Cleveland, Ohio has a wonderful Autism network. However, I only know the kid side of that network, but I would assume they have adult resources as well since kids grow up. Cleveland isn't exactly low crime, but you could find somewhere nearby that is. Although, Cleveland gets a good amount of lake effect snow. And there are storms, but not like in the middle of the country. I live about 90 miles from Cleveland and have a pretty low cost of living around here, but it's a bit far from to drive for the resources.

Oh, I miss Cleveland. Great city. My late grandma lived in Cleveland Heights for about 50-60 years, so many good memories there. I've had dreams of moving there but I'm not a snow person and they get lots of snow.

Teresa

When you find this place, let me know. I've stopped house hunting, but I might resume for the perks you've described.

Latest posts

Back