i want to meet people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alonelyshyboy

Reaction score
How???

I am so sad and depressed and lonely. I just want to meet people around my age, in my area but I just don't see that happening. :(

I just feel that my life is useless and I am sick of living like this.

GO to places where those people are. Concerts or clubs or other social type stuff.

I can't say from first hand experience, but I've heard that it is sometimes possibly successful.

Dude I felt the same until a couple years back throw yourself in the line of fire....

The only way :3

I too have also felt lost in crowds. LIke there can be people all around you but you still feel completely alone. What I found has helped is transferring to a smaller college where I see the same people every day. And then joining some clubs. THe more you are exposed to the same group of people, the more comfortable you'll feel around them and one day....you'll actually talk to someone and develop friendships. And hey even if you dont develop friendships you at least KNOW some people to branch out from and be of social support you as you go and LOOK for friends.

That's how I made friends at college; even though I'm a commuter.

Your life is not useless.

Our life do have a meaning.We can brighten someone's life with the situations we have.

Start talking with people,not waiting for people to talk to you.

From experience can say that joining some kind of interest club helps. I have never expected to have any friends again after I finished uni since my work is from home and my best friend from uni unfortunately lives in another city. But... it worked, even for someone as socially clumsy as myself. Try it, you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I agree with pretty much everything said above me. What are some of your interests? How old are you? Give us a few more details, then maybe we could help you come up with some pretty good ideas. Never say you're useless. Wake up each day with a smile on your face, even if you don't want to. Walk through the day with your head held high.

Invite people out to talk and to some activities(example:Sports.)
Add people in msn and start talking
Talk in the chatbox in the alonelylife forum
Go to other people's blog and leave a tag

You will surely meet people in this way.xD

hi
i think if u want to meet people then u will, right? what about the law of attraction? keep wanting to be social. if u want to be social, then opportunities will come your way. that's what i think anyway. good luck! try not to be sad.

Latest posts

Back