I'd like to have a girlfriend...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Try n Fail

Reaction score
....the only problem is, I'd have nothing to offer her. I have no money, no home of my own, and I have a car, but no license to drive it alone. Oh sure, I'd be able to offer her my undying love and respect and all that crap, but none of that matters when you're as big a loser as I am. So, until I can fix a few things in my life, I'll continue living like a monk in my mother's house.

Stop being so down on yourself. You've only made 2 posts here and you are so critical of yourself, sure that is easy to do, but try focusing on the good. You're not a loser, just having a rough spot that's all.

Try n Fail said:
....the only problem is, I'd have nothing to offer her. I have no money, no home of my own, and I have a car, but no license to drive it alone. Oh sure, I'd be able to offer her my undying love and respect and all that crap, but none of that matters when you're as big a loser as I am. So, until I can fix a few things in my life, I'll continue living like a monk in my mother's house.

I think any girl would love you if you devoted the time and feeling to her

Sashasworld said:
Try n Fail said:

I think any girl would love you if you devoted the time and feeling to her

True, but biologically (I think that's the right word) women like men who can support them and protect them. At this point, I don't think I can do that, though I'd like to.

You should meet a former friend of mine, I think she likes men who can't support themselves but has this disillusion they can.

Yep, tis true. I've only ever had one serious girlfriend. I showed her nothing but love and respect. I adored her. That wasn't enough for her. She abandoned me for some immature gardenia rockstar type, who wears sunglasses even when it's cloudy.
I also feel I have nothing to offer but love. I am a failure at life, and that is not attractive, even to lonely women.

if you have it bad, the best thing to do is to get your emotions sorted out and a girlfriend will fall into place by itself once you're better. a girlfriend in itself won't bring happiness out of the blue :(

even if you met someone today and you're all doped out on your new hot super girlfriend tomorrow, it will eventually come to an end; it's only a temporary fix (or call it distraction) and when that happens it will be much harder to cope with the things that really trouble you. I'm with my current gf for a year almost, and you have to take my word for it that she's a huge drag on my emotions . it's not as great as you might believe...

Isent Monk a tv serie ? :D

I had like 2 serious girlfriends in my life and the rest of my "relation ships" was someone i dusted up from a date site. And it dident work out. I got some fun time out of it tho.

But in the end i think i rather would like to live single because it suits me better.

Be a free man and enjoy your life, then sudenly she will stand right next to you and then you are bound to have kids and get married...Game over :D Incert coins !

Slightly depressing that psycrow doesn't know the meaning of the word 'monk'.

Someone once gave me monk as a nickname. I was impressed with how perceptive they were.

I don't get it, where did Monk come into all this? Am I missing the punch line? Never watched that show.

you know you just have to find the right person ..one who's not a material person
i can say that if someone offered me their love and 1 million dollars i would definitely go for their love
you have to see that material things are nothing besides true human feelings..having a lot of money and being love for it is a lot worse than having no money but having to search for the one who can appreciate what your heart can give :)

friendlyheart said:
you know you just have to find the right person ..one who's not a material person
i can say that if someone offered me their love and 1 million dollars i would definitely go for their love
you have to see that material things are nothing besides true human feelings..having a lot of money and being love for it is a lot worse than having no money but having to search for the one who can appreciate what your heart can give :)

Yeah, you're probably right. I just noticed we have almost the same birthday's, just seven days apart. Same year and everything.

Try n Fail said:
....the only problem is, I'd have nothing to offer her. I have no money, no home of my own, and I have a car, but no license to drive it alone.
you're not even 20 yet. No one expects you to be some sort of financially stable person at this point in your life.

Sure, some materialistic girls might not want to date you because you can't buy them gifts, but there are girls out there who would be understanding and sympathize with your current lot in life. Those girls would date you regardless of the fact that you have no job or license.

I'd like a girlfriend too.. >_< I am too horney for my own good.

Anyway like you I have places to work on. I know what those things are so it makes it easier to focus on them. If anything accomplishing those goals will give you more confidence.

Keep in mind though there are plenty of females out there who do not mind poor guys. I see one couple, at least once a week, begging for money near my bus stop. There are plenty of females who get off on helping guys get their honeysuckle together. You just have to know how to play it. Personally I want a female who wants a successfuk guy. That way I can fall back on my success.

Try n Fail said:
friendlyheart said:

Yeah, you're probably right. I just noticed we have almost the same birthday's, just seven days apart. Same year and everything.

oh wow, that's great:) haven't met anyone who'd be that close to my birthday before :)

Just playing the part of Junior Psychotherapist here.
(and truth be told, I should use this logic on myself)

But anyway here goes:

If you think that nobody will want you until you're financially secure,
what excuse will you use when you become financially secure?

A new life-
Healing hearts and minds since last Tuesday.

(cracking myself up)

Try n Fail said:

I'm in the same boat, mostly (have my own place), and you're probably correct in that no woman will ever pay attention to you. In the words of Tony Montana "first you get the money, then you get the power, THEN you get the woman." It is biologically impossible for most women to be attracted to low-status men. It's the way the world is.

stalinorgel said:
Try n Fail said:

I'm in the same boat, mostly (have my own place), and you're probably correct in that no woman will ever pay attention to you. In the words of Tony Montana "first you get the money, then you get the power, THEN you get the woman." It is biologically impossible for most women to be attracted to low-status men. It's the way the world is.

I disagree. I think like attracts like. So you have low-status you'll find a low status woman. *shrug*

Latest posts

Back