Ideas for promoting aLonelyLife.com ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to answer the original question, there would probably be much potential in making some commercials and putting them on Youtube. Hell, "A Lonely Life" sounds like the perfect name for a sketch comedy that could go big on the net. XD

Matt said:
Well, to answer the original question, there would probably be much potential in making some commercials and putting them on Youtube. Hell, "A Lonely Life" sounds like the perfect name for a sketch comedy that could go big on the net. XD

That not a bad idea. Its the time to do stuff like that moor then anything am guessing. Why don't you make one? You seam pretty good at stuff like that.

Lol, problem is:

- No camera
- No one to shoot the video with :(

But if one of the artists on A Lonely Life decides to sketch an animated commercial, I could score it. =D

haha I was thinking maybe get things already on the net. I have a camera and the means of posting it but no ideas on what kinder thing I could film. Am just not as creative as yourself. I could do a video of me seat here at the PC lol But I don't think it would get much attention.

OK, So I have done a youtube vid for this place. I don't normally do stuff like this so its err a bit crap lol But let me know what you all think. And if anyone can do better then please do. I cert imagine that its going to be any worse then what I've done all tho I could of possibly made it a bit moor interesting. But this took me the best part of two hours so I kinder loss interest after a bit.

Thank you. Your both very polite I feel :) Your to nice.

I think I should have took moor time in gathering better images and the TeX at the front of the vid is a bit naff. I should have just not put the link in the vid to this place as ppl well see it in the description anyway. Plus I could of wrote better things in there and moor clearly and had the images closing and opening in an moor interesting way. heek looking at it now I can see a million things I should of done differently. But all leave it there and may in the future add another one that's better. It cert hurt anything by leaving it there.

Good work Bluey, Nice to see the site being publically advertised... as said it was great choice of song :) And thanks for using a couple of my images there too.. its a quite an honor to see them being put to use like this :D and its added quite a nice cheer to me after what has been a stressful day.

Once again Bluey you've done the site and its members proud

Oh thanks dude :) I just used random images that I liked myself. So didn't really look who the person was that took them. Guss I must like your work :) I should have used moor of them but it all takes time and as I say I don't normally do videos like that.

Next time I well use noting but images that have been took here and put moor in. I am still learning and kinder had idea as I was going fro that one.

i think feed reader can help promoting the forum. like me, i always put all my active sites in my feeder and most of my readers that subscribe in my site recieves all updates i have from every websites i have. if only we have atom or feed here..

also the bookmarks, widgets and banners could also give a good traffic in the site. :)

Don't promote it, those who need it will find it.

After all, isn't the purpose of this forum to stop people feeling the need to post here anymore?

human_condition said:

After all, isn't the purpose of this forum to stop people feeling the need to post here anymore?

If we promote it then moor ppl who need it well fined it and there for moor ppl well be here to talk to and there for cure a certain part of the loneliness thing. That I would say is the purpose of this forum. Works for me. If nothing else reading and posting dose take my mined of my own loneliness.

Also making friends is one mager part of curing loneliness. I have made some very good on line friends. You never know one day I may make moor then a on line friend. Never loss the dream.

human_condition said:

Well i hope we double our members every year so that we can make a huge community out of this place. You and i share the same idea for the purpose of this place, but i only think people should leave once they are happy with their lives and don't need to post here any more, not to mention that the reason this place was founded was for lonely people to talk about loneliness, and share experiences and the pain. As long as they need somewhere to talk, for any reason, i hope they always come here where (some) people take care of them! This isn't supposed to be another community with the sole purpose of simply earning money for the authors, like so many other popular websites, and that's why i think we should advertise this place like crazy as much as possible. I will personally fight hard to keep the purpose of this website the same as it was when it first was born, no matter what people think of all the ranting and sadness going on. Those who simply want a place to have fun at are at the wrong community; this place wasn't built for them! I strongly advice everyone who isn't here either to get help or to help others to leave this place as soon as they've found the right community for them, for their sake. This place is probably of negative influence to people who aren't lonely themselves.

hmmmmmm, well if we rented a bi-plane and attached 'alonelylife' banner to it and flew it from one country to the next, using solar power to charge it would cut back on costs, and using a trained chimpanzee would allow for longer flights with less diapers for the pilot. Then we could load up the plane with shirts (wrapped around rocks to give some weight) then drop then around heavily populated areas...it would spread the word along with creating more poeple who need it (t-shirts + rock + terminal velocity = uh oh....) for emotional support. If we use a robot chimp we wont even need to feed the thing, but it might want to keep the diapers becuase it thinks its real (pinochio syndrome).....but all this is just an idea im having at 1am while cramming random ecological information about russia into my mind....so I think I'm hallucinating >: D or at least I hope so because explaining all this would be hard without the crazy excuse.....

Latest posts

Back