Ideas for promoting aLonelyLife.com ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AllAlone1 said:
there is only so much we can do on this site with no chat room and all.

there is a chat room here.. i can't remember the link.. just pm one of the mods or regulars.. like Punisher, Steel, Minus, Evewasframed.. they know it :)

Why not mention the chat room on the welcome message, so new members will know about it before they even register?

EDIT: I just signed out to see the welcome message but there is no welcome message :p

We cant put the chatroom link on the main page like we used to, due to the technical issues we had with the forum some months back. So, the best we could do was to "stick" a thread with the link to chat, in several areas of the forum. :p

AllAlone1 said:
ok well what about my idea what do you guys think of it?

I think it's a good idea to promote your website/forum, but I think most people wouldn't want to let everyone know that they're on a forum like this one. I know I don't want the odd few friends I have on Facebook to know I'm on a forum for lonely people.

Punisher said:
AllAlone1 said:
ok well what about my idea what do you guys think of it?

I think it's a good idea to promote your website/forum, but I think most people wouldn't want to let everyone know that they're on a forum like this one. I know I don't want the odd few friends I have on Facebook to know I'm on a forum for lonely people.

I'm actually beyond caring what other people think of me being on this site :p I go here when i'm in a computer lab at school. I dont care lol xD

I guess I didn't think of it that way, but I personally don't care what other people say either I just thought it was a good way to meet more people who might be going through the same things we are, you know some like minded individuals and if there are people on FB that have a problem with that then let them deal with it because in my opinion no one, I mean no one is in a position to even act like they are perfect(even though there many that like to act like they perfect) it's just that some of us choose to deal with that in a different way by finding a group that likes to talk about the fact that we have certain issues we are dealing with, we aren't perfect, and we take comfort in meeting and knowing others out there that know exactly how we feel!!!

Well since no one said anything more about the subject, I have decided to go ahead and create a facebook group that will promote Alonelylife.com and if any member that may fear what others think can muster up the courage to join then I can honestly say I would be happy to be recognized in a group with you and if any administrators join and would like to um well administrate, I would have no problem turning the group over to you and just help you run it instead if that is your wish because I truly think this group would benefit both this site as well help those on facebook who don't know about this site! So I hope to see you on FB!!!

Latest posts

Back