Ideas for promoting aLonelyLife.com ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fulgrim said:
hmmmmmm, well if we rented a bi-plane and attached 'alonelylife' banner to it and flew it from one country to the next, using solar power to charge it would cut back on costs, and using a trained chimpanzee would allow for longer flights with less diapers for the pilot. Then we could load up the plane with shirts (wrapped around rocks to give some weight) then drop then around heavily populated areas...it would spread the word along with creating more poeple who need it (t-shirts + rock + terminal velocity = uh oh....) for emotional support. If we use a robot chimp we wont even need to feed the thing, but it might want to keep the diapers becuase it thinks its real (pinochio syndrome).....but all this is just an idea im having at 1am while cramming random ecological information about russia into my mind....so I think I'm hallucinating >: D or at least I hope so because explaining all this would be hard without the crazy excuse.....

I sir have been lulzed I tip my hat to you......

Well I'm not really good at concrete ideas (or realistic ones), but I really think this site is a strong rock of support for so many people in the world. If any of you are politically active/lobbyists, I would suggest recommending this site to local agencies and other organizations that are concerned with issues like education, depression, alcoholism etc. as a resource for coping. A lot of other problems arise from loneliness and lack of social support. This site can be supplemental to other forms of therapy and treatment. It is important that a lot of school students know about this site, because school, for me, was a really rough time. Everyone can anonymously share their feelings and help each other out without the stigma attached to it, like you would experience at a guidance counselor/therapist. I'm sure there are some non-profits out there who advocate programs for social support....if you could get their attention, you could also get their endorsement and funding. If local community centers start advocating this site, then even higher levels of organizations may jump on the bandwagon, and Alonelylife.com will be primed for world domination mwhahaha

The biggest thing is increasing search engine searches that show this site. We could also start like a web ring with other simular sites. Track down what those are and like have links to each other.

I wouldnt mind wearing a shirt promoting the site, but we would need a cool/catchy/rememberable logo or phrase or something.....

(Ive come down from my sleep deprived/ M&M induced stupor, so no bi-plane robot monkey ideas at the moment.....but I do have an essay coming up in a few weeks so uh oh....)

I've got an idea that might work, you all remember that post secret guy? Well his site has a community like forum and if we could get the two linked that would be great, eh?

http://www.postsecretcommunity.com/chat/

Cause I think there are a lot of lonely people who have secrets and such and the two seem to go hand in hand.

So I was thinking maybe someone could think of an extremely interesting secret and send it in and if it's good enough Frank Warren may e-mail you out of curiosity and through that line of communication you could link the two sites!

Yea it's a long shot but hey it's a thought..

I still think my rocks + t-shirts idea is good.....minus the robot monkey and the plane.....

The best advertising is free advertising so says my history teacher (we were discussing how huckabee used cheap controversial ads to get the media looking at him, so he didnt need to spend much but got loads of attention....so maybe we should think of something to get the word out without having to spend money/ throw rocks....but that leads us back the the main issue....what to do? lol

Fulgrim said:
I still think my rocks + t-shirts idea is good.....minus the robot monkey and the plane.....

The best advertising is free advertising so says my history teacher (we were discussing how huckabee used cheap controversial ads to get the media looking at him, so he didnt need to spend much but got loads of attention....so maybe we should think of something to get the word out without having to spend money/ throw rocks....but that leads us back the the main issue....what to do? lol

Dude, I'm down with the t-shirt idea. Something like "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" or "Alone and Lovin' It!" with (since birth) written under it.

I think it goes well by word of mouth.
I mean, I dragged Fulgrim into this.

Guys this thread is sorta a serious thread for the administrator and how they can promote this site. I don't think anyone would mind word of mouth, but I think this is more for ideas on what can be done in an online sense for free. Coding changes, links, keywords for a search engine, I dunno what else, but I think more things along that line.

think what you want to think, but if I have the time and or wish to use my short supply of money I'm making some shirts, online is good and all but real world advertising is a great area to expand to

(I would most likely give them out to my friends since a few of them use this forum)

Skorian said:
Guys this thread is sorta a serious thread for the administrator and how they can promote this site. I don't think anyone would mind word of mouth, but I think this is more for ideas on what can be done in an online sense for free. Coding changes, links, keywords for a search engine, I dunno what else, but I think more things along that line.

You want me to be serious? I'm always serious.
But ok, I have a "serious" question for you.
Which method has brought more members to A Lonely Life,
word of mouth or "I dunno what else" and "more things along that line"?

Qui said:
Skorian said:

I think 99% of all members will join by finding this site by a search engine no matter what honestly. #1 way to promote the site will be to make it so it ranks as a higher priority search.

Skorian said:
Qui said:
Skorian said:

I think 99% of all members will join by finding this site by a search engine no matter what honestly. #1 way to promote the site will be to make it so it ranks as a higher priority search.

...great, have fun doing that. Meanwhile, apparently I'll not be telling all the social retards I meet to come here. Because apparently that isn't helpful. Whatever.

Qui said:
...great, have fun doing that. Meanwhile, apparently I'll not be telling all the social retards I meet to come here. Because apparently that isn't helpful. Whatever.

Huh, Who told you that?

You tell who every you like you know that.

And am sure if I read back I would fined who told you that but am to lazy to do that lol

Hi bjarne, :)

I have one suggestion and I hope, you may like it. Try to make a discussion on health topic. After all "health is wealth". There are many people in the world who faces many health problem because of their lonely life.

Well I have an idea for a way to promote this site and I am kinda surprised not to see it posted on here already, but then again it may just be a dumb idea but I was thinking, since I and so many other people these days are addicted to facebook(as I am sure some members on here are!) maybe you could start a group profile on there that links back to this site that would introduce new people to it, as well as let people who are already members find each other so they can learn more about one another since there is only so much we can do on this site with no chat room and all. I mean I have alot of friends on there but there aren't many that I chat with nor do I even know if they are dealing with the same issues I am dealing but I know they are on there so I think this would be a great way for more of us to meet new and old members and promote the site as well. I have seen other groups on Facebook do this they create a group that does certain things on Facebook but still manages to keep traffic flowing to their original site as well by maybe doing separate things on their original site. Some of us could even post a link or a banner(that you would have to create of course) on our profiles to promote the group and the website even more. It may not be a great idea but I thought it was worth mentioning since you asked for suggestions. If you decide to do this I can tell you with great enthusiasm, I can't wait to join!!! And please send me a link to the group!!! http://www.facebook.com/Michael.R.Donnell

Latest posts

Back