If you can choose

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mrs Falcon said:
That was an interesting read, but I know how over populated our inner roads become when flats are made in houses doubling the number of residents, when at one time a single family hanged out. Too many people living in one road is not good for the communitty. In the road behind where we lived before, a man and his missus had eight dogs when they got together! He was living in the upstairs flat and she was downstairs... :rolleyes:

Where we live now, the worst that can happen in our neighbourhood is if someone lost their pet boa constrictor. It happened last year, but the beastie was found at Little Paddocks pond in Ferring. It's as well they found it. Can you imagine the snake swallowing some old lady's cat? :D

The only drama that happened last week was when the boy next door's parakeet accidently got let out. The wild birds attacked and pecked it to death.

That doesn't sound pleasant :O Poor little bird. I have a soft spot for birds and tend to go all Gollum on them. Not Gollum as he relates to Bilbo in wanting to eat him. More the 'my preciousss'. Might not be a good idea with the wild pecking birds of doom though.

The boa constrictor sounds like it might have been released on purpose. People tend to do that quite often once their pets get unmanageable or grow too large. It's a shame because they clearly aren't thinking of their pet's wellbeing, or of the environment or ecosystem they're releasing it into or the people or animals it will come into contact with. It's a very hurtful and selfish thing to do.

And I didn't mean the capital is prettier than the pictures dear, it isn't. I meant the rest of the hundreds of islands that make up the country. They certainly are. And they're the furthest thing from being crowded. Only about 20% of the country is inhabited and most inhabited islands still have white sand roads, a lot of palm trees, and very few vehicles.

Right now, would be watching the sunset over a sea or ocean, sat on a beach barefoot.

Aisha said:
Mrs Falcon said:
That was an interesting read, but I know how over populated our inner roads become when flats are made in houses doubling the number of residents, when at one time a single family hanged out. Too many people living in one road is not good for the communitty. In the road behind where we lived before, a man and his missus had eight dogs when they got together! He was living in the upstairs flat and she was downstairs... :rolleyes:

Where we live now, the worst that can happen in our neighbourhood is if someone lost their pet boa constrictor. It happened last year, but the beastie was found at Little Paddocks pond in Ferring. It's as well they found it. Can you imagine the snake swallowing some old lady's cat? :D

The only drama that happened last week was when the boy next door's parakeet accidently got let out. The wild birds attacked and pecked it to death.

That doesn't sound pleasant :O Poor little bird. I have a soft spot for birds and tend to go all Gollum on them. Not Gollum as he relates to Bilbo in wanting to eat him. More the 'my preciousss'. Might not be a good idea with the wild pecking birds of doom though.

The boa constrictor sounds like it might have been released on purpose. People tend to do that quite often once their pets get unmanageable or grow too large. It's a shame because they clearly aren't thinking of their pet's wellbeing, or of the environment or ecosystem they're releasing it into or the people or animals it will come into contact with. It's a very hurtful and selfish thing to do.

And I didn't mean the capital is prettier than the pictures dear, it isn't. I meant the rest of the hundreds of islands that make up the country. They certainly are. And they're the furthest thing from being crowded. Only about 20% of the country is inhabited and most inhabited islands still have white sand roads, a lot of palm trees, and very few vehicles.

The boa was found and returned to its owner. Our neighbour said it's 5 metres long. I don't know if its owner is going to keep it or not. I'd give it to a zoo. It's just too big for comfort. What if it gets out again?

I visited Venice on a cruise with my family. The beautiful city was overcrowded with tourists, so that's struck off my list. I like more peaceful places like where one of my family live, in Sainte-Maxime in France. Maybe not Tuscany where two months ago where I watched the sun rise lazily, its surrounding clouds opening up to become bronzed in a sea of liquid copper, spelling a day that was to change me forever. But for the choke in my heart that stops me, I would write about it. The winery estate isn't a place I would want to return to ever again, the memories so painful. :(

So maybe I can go to stay with my best friend in her villa at Sainte-Maxime. I'd be happier there and safer. French food is wonderful. Perhaps we could hire a boat and go fishing for the day.

Mrs Falcon said:
The boa was found and returned to its owner. Our neighbour said it's 5 metres long. I don't know if its owner is going to keep it or not. I'd give it to a zoo. It's just too big for comfort. What if it gets out again?

I visited Venice on a cruise with my family. The beautiful city was overcrowded with tourists, so that's struck off my list. I like more peaceful places like where one of my family live, in Sainte-Maxime in France. Maybe not Tuscany where two months ago where I watched the sun rise lazily, its surrounding clouds opening up to become bronzed in a sea of liquid copper, spelling a day that was to change me forever. But for the choke in my heart that stops me, I would write about it. The winery estate isn't a place I would want to return to ever again, the memories so painful. :(

So maybe I can go to stay with my best friend in her villa at Sainte-Maxime. I'd be happier there and safer. French food is wonderful. Perhaps we could hire a boat and go fishing for the day.

Glad they found the boa. But your neighbor may have been exaggerating just a bit about the length since boas only grow to a maximum of just over 3 and a half meters long. Which is still pretty long.
I'd like to go exploring in europe someday, but perhaps not with tourists or on a cruise. More something like backpacking and frequenting the places locals do and that sort of thing. Tuscany sounds like it was both beautiful and a sad experience for you. I'm sorry it isn't a pleasant memory, or rather pthat maybe what could have been a pleasant memory was spoiled. Maybe you could go back and make new memories to replace them.
Everyone talks about the wonder of French food, and I suppose everyone might have tried it in their own countries. But i know it's a different thing to experience local foods while living in the actual country and when made by locals. Hopefully someday. I hope you do get to go back and enjoy yourself there. Sounds like you had a lovely time. :)

Aisha said:
Mrs Falcon said:

Glad they found the boa. But your neighbor may have been exaggerating just a bit about the length since boas only grow to a maximum of just over 3 and a half meters long. Which is still pretty long.
I'd like to go exploring in europe someday, but perhaps not with tourists or on a cruise. More something like backpacking and frequenting the places locals do and that sort of thing. Tuscany sounds like it was both beautiful and a sad experience for you. I'm sorry it isn't a pleasant memory, or rather pthat maybe what could have been a pleasant memory was spoiled. Maybe you could go back and make new memories to replace them.
Everyone talks about the wonder of French food, and I suppose everyone might have tried it in their own countries. But i know it's a different thing to experience local foods while living in the actual country and when made by locals. Hopefully someday. I hope you do get to go back and enjoy yourself there. Sounds like you had a lovely time. :)

I expect our neighbour was. I never completely trust what he says.

Cruising on big ships isn't for everyone. It's like a holiday camp afloat, but Royal Caribbean which we went with are great with kids and I enjoyed it. France isn't far from us except they are on strike at Eurotunnel at the Calais end, and Calais port. I suppose if it goes on too long we'll have to fly out.

I'm not bad at cooking. Sometimes I'll do an Indian meal, but some don't like hot spicy food so I'll keep it simple. I'd like to travel to Goa and try the food there. I'd also like to travel to India.

You are right about my unhappy experience in Tuscany. I'm told time is a good healer so mybe in a few years time when I'm grown up I can go back there with less hurt in my memory.

Hiking around France is cheap if you find a hostel or even a cheap pension will have a decent bed for the night. Avoid deep south as it's very expensive between Nice and Marseilles. Carcassone and Perpignon is cheaper down the coast to the west.

Mrs Falcon said:
I expect our neighbour was. I never completely trust what he says.

Cruising on big ships isn't for everyone. It's like a holiday camp afloat, but Royal Caribbean which we went with are great with kids and I enjoyed it. France isn't far from us except they are on strike at Eurotunnel at the Calais end, and Calais port. I suppose if it goes on too long we'll have to fly out.

I'm not bad at cooking. Sometimes I'll do an Indian meal, but some don't like hot spicy food so I'll keep it simple. I'd like to travel to Goa and try the food there. I'd also like to travel to India.

You are right about my unhappy experience in Tuscany. I'm told time is a good healer so mybe in a few years time when I'm grown up I can go back there with less hurt in my memory.

Hiking around France is cheap if you find a hostel or even a cheap pension will have a decent bed for the night. Avoid deep south as it's very expensive between Nice and Marseilles. Carcassone and Perpignon is cheaper down the coast to the west.

I'll certainly bear that in mind if I do go to France eventually. I'll try to do my research before I go. I hope you do recover from your experience in Tuscany.
I'd like to go back to India too and maybe visit goa too since I've never been. I'm not Indian, but I do appreciate their colourful culture and varied cuisine.

Latest posts

Back