If you could instantly change one thing about yourself, what would it be?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unbinilium

Reaction score
Let's say you could change one thing, just one thing about yourself instantly. What would you change?

I'd change my personal laziness to strict devotion and dedication. I'm not lazy when I'm helping out other people and friends. In fact, they say I do too much sometimes because I tend to work to excel expectations. Even when they don't ask me for help, when I see they clearly could use some, I immediately offer to help somehow. I then proceed to do my best and spend a lot of time helping them. For the sake of others, I am diligent and dedicated.

But when I am doing things solely for myself such as studying for my classes, I'm rather lazy. I'm certainly not a dummy either as I pride myself in having a great learning ability by making connections. However, such learning ability only arises when I momentarily overcome laziness for a bit of time and power through my studies before laziness comes over again. For my own sake, I am quite lazy. When my work and efforts is not benefiting anyone else, I just can't work as hard even if the personal reward is great.

I would get rid of my laziness so I can actually spend more time studying rather than lounge around doing nothing.

My nearly paralysing fear of people. I'm working on changing it.

A new body. Not improving the one I inhabit--that is only workable to a degree. If I could do it I would get a new, healthy body. Whatever else is going on in your life, if you don't have your health, then you cannot enjoy life...not in any real fulfilling way.

I would change my weight, defo. That would help sort out many other things about me too.

change my distortive thinking i.e. mind reading, jumping to conclusions, fortune telling (to name a few)

I would change my tendency to procrastinate. That's one of my biggest problems and I can't seem to get around it.

I would also want to get rid of my scars from cutting, because they are really embarrassing.

Quite a few things, probably to have more motivation sometimes. You could achieve a lot if you really had the motivation.

large bottom... ok, let's be serious - I'd like to be very fit, that will also influence my health positively

ladyforsaken said:
To not be ill.

works for me too :) you know, in all fairy tales if you want something enough with a sincere heart, it will happen. Faith is a gift.

Latest posts

Back