Ignore tools

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorian

Reaction score
Is there a way that this forum can get tools that make it possible to not only block people via PM's, but to actually make it so you can't even see posts from members who are incapable of intelligent discussion? Is there already a means? Can it be set up so that you can?

No. To be honest, if it were possible, it would lead to much confusion on threads.

My best advice is to avoid replying to posts from those whom you do not wish to enter a discussion with.

This doesn't sound like the greatest reason you realize?

A bit of confusion vers less conflicts. Which do you think would be more of an advantage?

It would also save me from even having the choice to read posts that are a complete waste of time.

I think I have seen this on forums before, but it isn’t real common.

Skorian said:

A bit of confusion vers less conflicts. Which do you think would be more of an advantage?

It would also save me from even having the choice to read posts that are a complete waste of time.

If you are gonna put a person on block list to not see his/her posts, then why not the eazy way? Just don't read their posts? Wouldn't that be less strain? I mean you can avoid confusion too if there are any.

Skorian said:

As I stated, it's not possible, and thus a moot point.

Sanal said:
Skorian said:

If you are gonna put a person on block list to not see his/her posts, then why not the eazy way? Just don't read their posts? Wouldn't that be less strain? I mean you can avoid confusion too if there are any.

No that would require personal responsiblities or too simple.
It has to do with stop blaming other people and honeysuckle like that...
No longer living in denial or delusions ...freedom.
Imagine that...Freedom to not just look at a post...holy fresia !!!
Taking control of your life and your own happiness...simple and easy if one wish it to be.

The turth is the world dosn't evolve around one single person.
How lazy, or selfcenter must a person be to said...it's too much work or too hard to hold down a mouse key..(WOW!!!)
There's alway the ultimate ignore button...just turn off the PC and go outside...:p

I'm guilty of it myself....more so in my real. The same principle still applies...
Playing the fucken victim role when it sooth my purpose or when it's conveint for me.
I learn how to be responsible through growning pains or the light bulb came on.
I changed myself and not anyone else.
I can't change anyone else...that's the simple truth.

Van Hooligan X said:
Why not just use self-restraint?

or has self-control died these days on ALL? :S

That's becuase I love U too much VAn...I can't help meself:p

Errr...incase you didn't get my saracism...
It's actaully ...that's becuase I love myself too god **** much in an egotic way..
I get a fucken hydrarent rush..it makes me feel good about myself.
to tell you I love you...I mean " screw you. I'm better than you and you're fucken retarded.:p"..in so many
different ways. It's about me actaully having low self esteem when everyone else have thier head up thier ass.
I'm fucken too smart for all you sums of bitches...Y don't you know who I am ?...lmao
Restraint ???....fucke that man..I want fucken "fresia U" instence gradification NOW...:p

It is possible on some forums.
http://en.forum.laptop.org/viewtopic.php?f=1246&t=154704

In the mean time I will block people through the browser I guess. See how it works.
http://forum.globalhousepricecrash.com/index.php?showtopic=35737

This is another method people can use.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=killfile&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

And I am asking on the MyBB site.
http://community.mybboard.net/

Why would I want to even see some of the things people say? I would rather push a button and forget they exist. With a little work and the push of a button people with bad attitudes cease to exist. Say bye bye.

Even when you can block the posts of selected people you still see them in the quotes. It is generally not real effective.

Lonesome Crow said:
Van Hooligan X said:
Why not just use self-restraint?

or has self-control died these days on ALL? :S

That's becuase I love U too much VAn...I can't help meself:p

Errr...incase you didn't get my saracism...
It's actaully ...that's becuase I love myself too god **** much in an egotic way..
I get a fucken hydrarent rush..it makes me feel good about myself.
to tell you I love you...I mean " screw you. I'm better than you and you're fucken retarded.:p"..in so many
different ways. It's about me actaully having low self esteem when everyone else have thier head up thier ass.
I'm fucken too smart for all you sums of bitches...Y don't you know who I am ?...lmao
Restraint ???....fucke that man..I want fucken "fresia U" instence gradification NOW...:p

wow, and you guys say i'm honeysuckle at english.

RIP english language
C.O.D: crow

Shouldn't jsut block people if they disagree with you in those devate threads or whatever, that's just a bit childish.

Minus said:
Even when you can block the posts of selected people you still see them in the quotes. It is generally not real effective.
Would you not say it is 80 to 90% effective? Most posts are not replies. Also, it tends to be the same people pulling stuff so if they reply to each other, then if they are blocked it won't show.

I think those who can actually talk with a measure of intelligence and those who act like they are still in kindergarten will probably not be replying to each other much. I just don't have the time to even have such worthless waste taking up my time or screen space.

Ok, I have gotten the scoup on MyBB. This is version 1.2. It is free to upgrade to 1.4.8

1.4.8 can be found here. http://www.mybboard.net/downloads
There are many new features included in it. Including post blocking.

Here are the instructions. http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgrading

That would be down to Bjarne. Perhaps he will comment when he reads this thread.

Skorian said:
Minus said:
Would you not say it is 80 to 90% effective? Most posts are not replies. Also, it tends to be the same people pulling stuff so if they reply to each other, then if they are blocked it won't show.

I think those who can actually talk with a measure of intelligence and those who act like they are still in kindergarten will probably not be replying to each other much. I just don't have the time to even have such worthless waste taking up my time or screen space.

Ok, I have gotten the scoup on MyBB. This is version 1.2. It is free to upgrade to 1.4.8

1.4.8 can be found here. http://www.mybboard.net/downloads
There are many new features included in it. Including post blocking.

Here are the instructions. http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Upgrading

Well it would be nice if you're smart enough to have decent conversation with me :p

insult my intelligence some more ..Skorain
Grow the fresia up then we can communicate.

By the way...I take your "cheese in my fucken brain" comment as a compliment.
I'm smart enough to know..I don't have all the fucken answers and
there's plenty of room to grow...

Unlike some messed closed minded people that thinks they have all the answer already.
By the fucken way...what you know is old fucken news to me...Arrogant !!!!

May I suggest you take your fucken precious time and sholve it up your ass.
Waste your fucken time ???
Screw your lame ass precious time statement/reason/excuse..
You used it already the last time you pissed off a couple of other members on here.
There seem to be a pattern...
If you keep doing the samething over and over again and expecting different results, it's fucken insanity.
In other words CHANGE yourself.
You're so fucken arrogant...telling the site owner to change to your fucken precious fucken time.

Turn off your fucken PC and get a fucken life then. Make time for that.

Do yourself and everyone else a favor.....
Bash your god **** PC in the fucken wall...it's wasting space in your fucken life.

How's that for intelligents ?

Agreed, Steel.
And if I'm not mistaken, I believe I did mention that the mods have limited access to these areas of this site.

Lets not start a flame war here.

If you aren't going to post ON TOPIC and be civil, please don't post at all.
Thank you in advance. =\

That's interesting. I did not know that that was possible at all.

Ya' learn something new everyday. :)

Steel said:
That would be down to Bjarne. Perhaps he will comment when he reads this thread.
Yes, I know. I will message him tomarrow.

I was told this forums version is now 10 months old.

I suppose I should have asked what else was new.

Latest posts

Back