Managing your Emotions through oracles

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well played sir, I'm glad death and destruction on such an unimaginable scale has given you the opportunity to attempt getting a cheap laugh. Lets hope the horror continues so you can get a few more in.
I don't really see the need to escalate emotions. If you want to paint me as some one who is uncaring; well, what can I do about it? If you've already made up your mind? If you knew me even a little bit, you'd know that's not me. I feel I've come to know you to a certain degree in these forums: an experienced, insightful, humorous person with a general bend towards kindness towards others.

I've always admired you from a far. For most of my life, I've been blessed to laugh inspite of pain and suffering. That gets harder for me, these days, but, I still try.

Maybe it seemed like I was trying to one-up you or something... Wasn't my intention.

Anyway, take it easy man. (You're far above me in many ways. I say that sincerely. I read your posts.)

I don't really see the need to escalate emotions. If you want to paint me as some one who is uncaring; well, what can I do about it? If you've already made up your mind? If you knew me even a little bit, you'd know that's not me. I feel I've come to know you to a certain degree in these forums: an experienced, insightful, humorous person with a general bend towards kindness towards others.

I've always admired you from a far. For most of my life, I've been blessed to laugh inspite of pain and suffering. That gets harder for me, these days, but, I still try.

Maybe it seemed like I was trying to one-up you or something... Wasn't my intention.

Anyway, take it easy man. (You're far above me in many ways. I say that sincerely. I read your posts.)
I'm sorry man, I read all your posts too and i know you are mindful, caring, gentle, intelligent and a top bloke in my book. I've got all sorts of jet lag, it's almost 4am here and i ain't slept in like 3 days. My brain is fried. That's no excuse though.

The more i think about it the more I realise how bang out of order my post was, I do know you better and I've a lot of love and respect for you.

Last edited:
I'm sorry man, I read all your posts too and i know you are mindful, caring, gentle, intelligent and a top bloke in my book. I've got all sorts of jet lag, it's almost 4am here and i ain't slept in like 3 days. My brain is fried. That's no excuse though.

The more i think about it the more I realise how bang out of order my post was, I do know you better and I've a lot of love and respect for you.
Thnx man, same here, hard times sometimes. I didn't really take time to notice the context of the thread, at the time.

Anyway, cheers mang. Take care.

What it provides if anything is comfort, maybe a sense of significance or meaning in a cold and indifferent reality.

Last edited:
"Would have" as in the past. And as I don't have a gun, I don't really think about other ways to go out, but I don't care if I get killed by a truck tomorrow on my bike or whatever. But I'm not actively seeking my demise. I just don't care about living longer than today as I don't feel I have a single thing that I crave a need to be around for. I just make the most of my day each day so I don't go nuts or get too bored, but I don't get a lot of pleasure from the things I do - having said all that I did enjoy the past week camping on the river. It's not a sustainable thing to do and I'm already getting stressed out by things at home. As for raising a red flag and taking it so lightly, well, I don't know how I do that. I've been close to death several times, and I mean very seriously, so the fear of it doesn't really exist. I do have a fear of becoming incapacitated and having to rely on others to survive though. I don't like pain although I've suffered it most of my life. These last two points are a reason I also don't actively seek my demise as things can go not the way it was planned.

Look, I don't hate life, but I hate so much about it and I rarely feel pleasure or satisfaction from much of what I do. I don't see much to live for except to be used more often by other people, which isn't a good reason. I try not to think about this sort of stuff and distract myself with various activities, and still hold out a little tiny hope that at some point I might get rewarded with some good karma that I know I have earned.

Does this help you understand me a little more?

This is not too far off from what I feel too.

I don't want to stress you out with the details. But yeah, I feel like I get it.
If it really is impossible for me to get what I want and for my life to get any better than this, then I'm good with going any time. I don't want to stick around in a life that makes me feel inferior/low status/low quality/like a loser. Consuming media, junk food, and alcohol just isn't enough for me to take the edge off anymore.

I stay alive partially out of the fear of pain/death/non-existence of an afterlife, and partially out of just not really knowing 100% if a better life really is impossible for me. I don't think I've done my absolute best yet - at least I hope not. I like to think there's still a tiny chance that I can get the things I've always wanted, especially now that I understand how things work a lot more. I spent most of my life very lost, confused, naive and ignorant, and lived my life in a way that was wrong but I didn't know it, and that got me off course.

If there's any way I can get into a skilled/middle class/"normal" career, get good at something I like, and get a girlfriend, and in doing all that finally be allowed the pride and self-esteem I've always craved, then yes, I want to stay alive.

I do have a fear of becoming incapacitated and having to rely on others to survive though
100% agree.
I cannot think of a living hell any worse than being in that situation.
I would hope if I was ever incapacitated to the level that I needed others to survive, I would still have enough brain and motor function to call Dr. Kervorkian or one of his associates. Or, if due to disease, at least be told by a Doctor in advance that this state was imminent, so that I could go out on my own terms while I still had the ability to do so.

If you've treated with contempt by the opposite sex for most of your life, the idea of being dependent on a female nurse/caregiver would be very uncomfortable. I won't let that happen for myself.

Shalom :)
never knew that palm-reading was a Jewish thing. Thanks for telling me. That's pretty cool.
Thanks for respecting the Jewish faith. In the same way, I also respect Buddhism and Islam. Although some Islamics are terrorists but those are just the radical ones, since most Islamics are peace-loving.
There is also Shintoism which believes in both male and female gods. So it is different from Western religion which believes in just a patriarchal Male one. When I ponder about it, it seems that Shinto emphasizes fairness and equality because of having both male and female deities. Equality. What's your take on that, Trevor? I'm asking you because you responded to my previous post.

Thanks for respecting the Jewish faith. In the same way, I also respect Buddhism and Islam. Although some Islamics are terrorists but those are just the radical ones, since most Islamics are peace-loving.
There is also Shintoism which believes in both male and female gods. So it is different from Western religion which believes in just a patriarchal Male one. When I ponder about it, it seems that Shinto emphasizes fairness and equality because of having both male and female deities. Equality. What's your take on that, Trevor? I'm asking you because you responded to my previous post.
Hi August,

I agree. Just because Osama bin Laden was a terrorist some people automatically assume that all Muslims are terrorists. While they're at it they may as well blame all of today's German people for what Hitler did. I personally believe that Hitler was demon possessed but that's another conversation. Men are generally physically stronger than women but in every other aspect I believe they are equal. It's my personal belief that women handle physical pain better than men, but I also believe that when it comes to comparing the two genders there are many things that God chooses not to divulge to either side.

Hi August,
It's my personal belief that women handle physical pain better than men, but I also believe that when it comes to comparing the two genders there are many things that God chooses not to divulge to either side.
Interesting about your belief that women handle physical pain better than men. How did you come up with that belief? Was it from personal experience?
And how about emotional-type pain?
Thanks for your feedback, Trevor. I enjoy our dialogue.

Interesting about your belief that women handle physical pain better than men. How did you come up with that belief? Was it from personal experience?
And how about emotional-type pain?
Thanks for your feedback, Trevor. I enjoy our dialogue.
Hey August

Obviously I have no way to prove my theory, I haven't seen every woman and man suffering in the world individually, but It's just that throughout my life I have I've seen people in pain, myself included, for many reasons but women seem to handle it better. I get a toothache and I'm down for the count. My mother has osteoarthritis in her lower back and she never whines about it like many men I've seen enduring less pain. In my experience when men are in pain they tend to whine about it. Women not so much.

Consuming media, junk food, and alcohol just isn't enough for me to take the edge off anymore.
Seems that you consume that media and alcohol for just distraction instead of actual pleasure then? Is that what you mean?
At the same time you've been languishing in that situation for many years already, so I would think you are used to it. And since you're not hurting your family, then it's alright.

Seems that you consume that media and alcohol for just distraction instead of actual pleasure then? Is that what you mean?
At the same time you've been languishing in that situation for many years already, so I would think you are used to it. And since you're not hurting your family, then it's alright.

Exactly. It has very little to do with joy, or what I actually want to be doing with my life. It's what I feel stuck settling for because I'm afraid I'm not genetically gifted enough to be able to do better. Otherwise I feel like I would have been better to start with, just naturally, as the way I am, without having to think about it. That's how it always looked to me.

I'm used to it, but it's far from enjoyable. It doesn't even really work anymore. I don't know if it's hurting my family but it is definitely hurting myself. It's basically making me feel like there is nothing worth caring about, looking forward to, or keeping going for.

Hey August

Obviously I have no way to prove my theory, I haven't seen every woman and man suffering in the world individually, but It's just that throughout my life I have I've seen people in pain, myself included, for many reasons but women seem to handle it better. I get a toothache and I'm down for the count. My mother has osteoarthritis in her lower back and she never whines about it like many men I've seen enduring less pain. In my experience when men are in pain they tend to whine about it. Women not so much.
Thanks for answering about the physical pain. But how about the demographics for emotional-type pain?

I'm not sure what you mean August.
What I meant, Trevor, is your discussion of the difference in pain tolerance between men and women. You mentioned only about pain which is physical. So I asked you about pain which is emotional. What is the difference of that between men and women?

What I meant, Trevor, is your discussion of the difference in pain tolerance between men and women. You mentioned only about pain which is physical. So I asked you about pain which is emotional. What is the difference of that between men and women?
Well, when it comes to emotional pain I believe that generally women feel it more than men. (no offense to our lady members, I'm certainly no expert. It's just my take.) Women seem to cry easier than men when they're hurting. They seem to be affected on a greater level than a man does when experiencing negative and painful emotions. It's my experience that women also take a little longer to get over painful experiences than a man does. Not all men and women are like this of course. There is always exceptions.

100% agree.
I cannot think of a living hell any worse than being in that situation.
I would hope if I was ever incapacitated to the level that I needed others to survive, I would still have enough brain and motor function to call Dr. Kervorkian or one of his associates. Or, if due to disease, at least be told by a Doctor in advance that this state was imminent, so that I could go out on my own terms while I still had the ability to do so.
Much as I hate to say it , the euthanasia proponent, Dr. Kevorkian died in 2011. Currently it seems that the country of Belgium is the most liberal with euthanasia, assisted-suicide because they even provide it to those with Mental illness. While I understand the desperate need for those with agonizing physical-type illness, I still feel hesitant at providing mercy-killing for those with Mental illness. Do you oppose or advocate the Belgium legalization? I would be also interested in the viewpoints of other posters.

Much as I hate to say it , the euthanasia proponent, Dr. Kevorkian died in 2011. Currently it seems that the country of Belgium is the most liberal with euthanasia, assisted-suicide because they even provide it to those with Mental illness. While I understand the desperate need for those with agonizing physical-type illness, I still feel hesitant at providing mercy-killing for those with Mental illness. Do you oppose or advocate the Belgium legalization? I would be also interested in the viewpoints of other posters.
Tough call.
Physical pain? Like from a terminal disease or horrible injury? Yes I would support it.
Mental illness? Not sure. Just don't know enough. Are there different severity levels of schizophrenia? Can it be effectively treated?

Tough call.
Physical pain? Like from a terminal disease or horrible injury? Yes I would support it.
Mental illness? Not sure. Just don't know enough. Are there different severity levels of schizophrenia? Can it be effectively treated?
To answer your question, I believe that schizophrenia has different severity levels. Because I used to know two local people who were schzoids. One was a lady who was another tenant in my building complex. The meds took away most of the voices in her head. But the other schzoid was a man who was also homeless. He took meds too but the voices in his head persisted and were sometimes intense. Most likely that's why he stayed homeless.

Latest posts

Back