Managing your Emotions through oracles

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August Campbell

My ultimate dream came true.
Reaction score
In order to gain insight into our emotions, some find it beneficial to consult oracles. Oracles are not confined to any particular religion but can be found in practically every religion. One type of oracle which is Nordic or Scandinavian in origin is the Runestones. A set of runes typically consist of 25 symbols etched on small stones or wood. What you do is cast the runes and then read what they show. This is not fortune telling but instead a form of self-discovery. So you could call it an exploratory tool. It can make you understand why you feel the emotions you have, whether they are envy, fear, resentment, despondency, inferiority, etc. In the beginning, it is an exploratory tool, but as it develops, it becomes guidance. A way to manage our emotions, which is why I post it in this section.

Last edited:
Random castings don't prove anything in my opinion. Unless the cast is the same every time for the same person, which can be interpreted correctly by some reference, it's just another fanciful idea. No better than a fortune teller, and undoubtedly inferior to an experienced therapist. In any case, I already know why I feel the emotions that I feel. Managing one's emotions is an ability for sure, but without definite changes in one's life, it's almost impossible.

I already know why I feel the emotions that I feel. Managing one's emotions is an ability for sure, but without definite changes in one's life, it's almost impossible.
When you said that you already know why you feel the emotions that you feel---does that also mean that you control them well? Because understanding usually leads to control. Usually. So I wanted to know how it is in your case.

Last edited:
When you said that you already know why you feel the emotions that you feel---does that also mean that you control them well? Because understanding usually leads to control. Usually. So I wanted to know how it is in your case.
I've learned to control a great deal of them yes, that doesn't mean I don't feel them, just that I'm aware of the causes. acceptance is a big thing, but that doesn't mean that one is any happier about things. does that make sense.

I've learned to control a great deal of them yes, that doesn't mean I don't feel them, just that I'm aware of the causes. acceptance is a big thing, but that doesn't mean that one is any happier about things. does that make sense.
Yes, acceptance, I agree, because it leads to tolerance--which means that You are evidently quite tolerant, yes?
You say it does not make you any happier. But it's not necessary to be happy, as long as you have peace of mind and serenity. Because serenity can be all the time, whereas happiness is only momentary, for example, when your boss raises your salary. You rejoice for that moment, but after a few days, your emotions go back down to their original base-level. In comparison then, contentment can be permanent.

Yes, acceptance, I agree, because it leads to tolerance--which means that You are evidently quite tolerant, yes?
You say it does not make you any happier. But it's not necessary to be happy, as long as you have peace of mind and serenity. Because serenity can be all the time, whereas happiness is only momentary, for example, when your boss raises your salary. You rejoice for that moment, but after a few days, your emotions go back down to their original base-level. In comparison then, contentment can be permanent.
I think I'm more indifferent than tolerant. I find I just don't care about much anymore. Peace of mind and serenity, hmmm. Well, I wouldn't say that exactly. When you become indifferent, apathetic, less causes you feel angry and upset I guess, but overall you can still feel discontented with your circumstances, especially when you can't seem to make any positive improvements.

I think I'm more indifferent than tolerant. I find I just don't care about much anymore. Peace of mind and serenity, hmmm. Well, I wouldn't say that exactly. When you become indifferent, apathetic, less causes you feel angry and upset I guess, but overall you can still feel discontented with your circumstances, especially when you can't seem to make any positive improvements.
I think I see your comparison between tolerance and Indifference. There is a fine line between the two, a slight nuance. I know that even with your Indifference that you still feel Discontented, but I also believe that your indifference at least prevents despondency, do you think so?

I think I see your comparison between tolerance and Indifference. There is a fine line between the two, a slight nuance. I know that even with your Indifference that you still feel Discontented, but I also believe that your indifference at least prevents despondency, do you think so?
My indifference is a product of my despondency.

I don't think you're despondent at all--because I saw your other thread where you mentioned your hang-glider mate, so you sounded happy.
You didn’t read further down where I replied to Ska. Anyway, even like last night when I went to a comedy show and actually had a bit of a laugh, I still felt some despondency over my life. It doesn’t matter what you think I feel anyway. I’m the one in my shoes. If I’m feeling like I don’t care if I live another moment, I think that’s feeling quite despondent.

If I’m feeling like I don’t care if I live another moment, I think that’s feeling quite despondent.
When you say you don't care if you live another moment---I think your feeling is different from suicidal because you don't actually look for a method. So should I categorize you as nihilistic then?

When you say you don't care if you live another moment---I think your feeling is different from suicidal because you don't actually look for a method. So should I categorize you as nihilistic then?
I don’t know why you feel you need to categorise me at all. I’m not nihilistic as I don’t reject as per the definition of the word. I’m not suicidal or actively pursuing suicide, but if there was a gun in my house I’m pretty sure I would’ve used it by now. I am despondent as I’ve said. And as I’ve also said, I can enjoy moments, as I am currently on my camping trip. Until I read your last comment, I’d actually not been focusing on my despondency at all, but returning home in a few days would’ve kick started it again. No need to label me. It’s not important to you.

I don’t know why you feel you need to categorise me at all. I’m not nihilistic as I don’t reject as per the definition of the word. I’m not suicidal or actively pursuing suicide, but if there was a gun in my house I’m pretty sure I would’ve used it by now. I am despondent as I’ve said. And as I’ve also said, I can enjoy moments, as I am currently on my camping trip. Until I read your last comment, I’d actually not been focusing on my despondency at all, but returning home in a few days would’ve kick started it again. No need to label me. It’s not important to you.
But you just admitted that if you had a gun in your house that you're pretty sure you would have used it by now. That obviously raises a red flag. How can you take that so lightly??

But you just admitted that if you had a gun in your house that you're pretty sure you would have used it by now. That obviously raises a red flag. How can you take that so lightly??
"Would have" as in the past. And as I don't have a gun, I don't really think about other ways to go out, but I don't care if I get killed by a truck tomorrow on my bike or whatever. But I'm not actively seeking my demise. I just don't care about living longer than today as I don't feel I have a single thing that I crave a need to be around for. I just make the most of my day each day so I don't go nuts or get too bored, but I don't get a lot of pleasure from the things I do - having said all that I did enjoy the past week camping on the river. It's not a sustainable thing to do and I'm already getting stressed out by things at home. As for raising a red flag and taking it so lightly, well, I don't know how I do that. I've been close to death several times, and I mean very seriously, so the fear of it doesn't really exist. I do have a fear of becoming incapacitated and having to rely on others to survive though. I don't like pain although I've suffered it most of my life. These last two points are a reason I also don't actively seek my demise as things can go not the way it was planned.

Look, I don't hate life, but I hate so much about it and I rarely feel pleasure or satisfaction from much of what I do. I don't see much to live for except to be used more often by other people, which isn't a good reason. I try not to think about this sort of stuff and distract myself with various activities, and still hold out a little tiny hope that at some point I might get rewarded with some good karma that I know I have earned.

Does this help you understand me a little more?

Hello August

Well, I don't want to sound like a holy roller but I don't feel the need to gain insight into my emotions from God by using runes, crystals or anything else earthly like those. If God decided to reveal anything to me about me, I'm sure that it would be unmistakable.

Hello August

Well, I don't want to sound like a holy roller but I don't feel the need to gain insight into my emotions from God by using runes, crystals or anything else earthly like those. If God decided to reveal anything to me about me, I'm sure that it would be unmistakable.
Actually it depends on what religion you follow. For example, in the religion of Judaism, there is the hand-reading, the palm-reading. It can be found in the authoritative book Jewish Hand-Reading, written by Dr. Matthew Lemberg. Note that this is Jewish so it differs from traditional palm-reading. Jewish.

Actually it depends on what religion you follow. For example, in the religion of Judaism, there is the hand-reading, the palm-reading. It can be found in the authoritative book Jewish Hand-Reading, written by Dr. Matthew Lemberg. Note that this is Jewish so it differs from traditional palm-reading. Jewish.
Shalom :)

(I hope I got that right. I'm Christian but I respect Jews. Especially with what's going on in Israel right now. Y'all are resilient people. God has more patience than me, I'd of blasted Hamas and Iran into next week If had the power. )

I don't believe that God is down with stuff like tarot cards, ouija boards, etc. I pray to Him directly and if He decides to help me out I believe that I will notice and it will be unmistakable coming from Him. I never knew that palm-reading was a Jewish thing. Thanks for telling me. That's pretty cool.

You know you are f*cked up when Even Putin and Kim Jong Un say what you are doing is inhumane. Billions of people all across the world are waking up to who the terrorists really are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back