Illness = more lonesome

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tehdreamer

I've been having some health issues lately and I find that I feel even lonelier when I'm sick. I guess I just wish I had someone around to comfort me and tell me everything's going to be ok when I start to freak out about things.

I don't know what's wrong and my insurance is so suck that I'm still fighting for them to pay for the tests needed to tell me what's wrong. I may just end up going to a hospital and sitting in the ER until I can get the tests done there.

It would be nice to have some support through it. Maybe even someone to nudge me back alive if I stop breathing in my sleep. Being alone sucks.

You'll make it through tehdreamer! I know you can do it and you will get better! Your health is important so try to do what's possible about your insurance but don't stress yourself out much. You're not alone. You've got us here on the forums :)

Fight! Fight! Fight! tehdreamer :)

I've had several health issues, if the issue really affects your lifestyle, it does get depressing at times.

Best thing is to just stay positive, and hope for the best.

(((tehdreamer))) I hope they discover what your health issues are. There are folks who care here, never hesitate to reach out if you want to talk.

I have recently recovered from a serious but not life threatening illness. I completely understand what you mean by just wanting someone there to comfort you, i felt the same when i was ill.

I hope you feel better soon. if you want to message me to talk, feel free.

tehdreamer said:
I've been having some health issues lately and I find that I feel even lonelier when I'm sick. I guess I just wish I had someone around to comfort me and tell me everything's going to be ok when I start to freak out about things.

I don't know what's wrong and my insurance is so suck that I'm still fighting for them to pay for the tests needed to tell me what's wrong. I may just end up going to a hospital and sitting in the ER until I can get the tests done there.

It would be nice to have some support through it. Maybe even someone to nudge me back alive if I stop breathing in my sleep. Being alone sucks.

Awww /hugs. Being ill physicaly can also affect the mental state so feeling extra lonely could partially be because of this.

Woke up to a phone call today from my insurance. They denied me my head CT scan again. I'm not sure what the reason is this time, but I'm sure it's equally as stupid as the first reason. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do now.

Thanks all for your words of encouragement. It helps.

tehdreamer--
Give the insurance a call and ask them why. It might be they need specific paperwork from the referring doc. Sometimes paperwork gets scrambled in the offices and a call sorts it out. I hate the issues folks have with insurance. Your health is way too important to have companies mess up the path to diagnosis and treatment. I hope it works out well for you. :)

I'm trying to call my doctor to find out why this time. The first time it was because they wanted my doctor to have been treating my symptoms for 2 weeks before asking for a CT. It's been over a month now and my symptoms are getting worse, so that can't be the reason again.

It's so frustrating. Sometimes they mess up the way they put the info onto the computers and it just spits out nonsense that drags everything out so long. I hope this gets sorted out. Stuff like this drives me crazy. It sometimes feels like our lives are dependant on how someone punches keys on a keyboard.

Latest posts

Back