I'm a Langgeek

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

langgeek

Reaction score
And a lonely person. I'm not what you're preconcieved notions would say, as I'm a generally happy person. I like every other aspect of my life, but its this burning desire to love and be loved, that goes unfulfilled. It's not just that, I tend not to be good at keeping friends either, or those that do stick around, tend to look down upon me, and deny that there is a problem. Like I don't deserve better than that. So they end up relegated to being facebook friends list fillers, while I continue my search for meaningful relationships.

Honestly, I stopped looking a year ago. I got sick of men and women in their 40's chasing me, because they feel that they can't get any better. I wanted to have a wife and kids someday, I'm 24 and still single. Never been in a relationship for longer than 6 months. Truth is, I've been open.

I get judged alot for looking young, and being 5'6. Though usually its because I look young. I used to get handed alot of cliches, but I'd send those that did packing as far as friends are concerned. I got sick of it.

Those that rejected me, then started to chase me because I stopped talking to them. Not all of them, just the ones that weren't being genuine from the start.

Honestly, I'm done. If I find someone then I find someone. If not, I'll be happy either way. Though I wish I would. At this point, I just sort of want to vent and find people who can relate.

whatever a langgeek is, it sounds like an interesting animal (thing? being?) :D

welcome, hope you find what you are looking for

Peaches said:

It means language geek, and I'm proud of it. :p

Thank you Peaches!

Thank you all for the welcomes!

Altghost, I'll check it out. :)

langgeek said:
Peaches said:

It means language geek, and I'm proud of it. :p

Thank you Peaches!

Thank you all for the welcomes!

Altghost, I'll check it out. :)

I am aware only of 'grammar nazis' but that sounds much less compelling

langgeek said:
Honestly, I stopped looking a year ago. I got sick of men and women in their 40's chasing me, because they feel that they can't get any better. I wanted to have a wife and kids someday, I'm 24 and still single. Never been in a relationship for longer than 6 months. Truth is, I've been open.

Hey now, I'm 24! The world is still our oyster, we will find people. But I stopped trying to meet people, especially when it came to online dating because people my father's age were messaging me. It kinda creeped me out.

Welcome to the site!

Latest posts

Back