im finding myself listening to sad music lately...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
i never really used to. i know this is probably bad because its just furthering my mood on how i feel about everything right now but its like i cant help it. i can relate to it so i listen to it without even really thinking about it. i should probably listen to something else to help me feel less depressed but it just doesnt happen.

for the most depressing band try Joy Division. i always listen to them when i feel sad, or depressed. Ian Curtis' lyrics are like poetry.

fresia that.

[youtube]uTl1MYaCSH8[/youtube]

[youtube]aHQitecDM0o&NR=1[/youtube]

lol don't think i have ever seen sophia swear before.

SophiaGrace said:
[youtube]aHQitecDM0o&NR=1[/youtube]

That one sounds like a happy song :p

EDIT: Half happy, half sad :p

This is sad. Thrice (not Advent Children)
[youtube]2yd4NTWAbx4[/youtube]

Thrice is fine.

But, have you ever listened to Three Days Grace?
[youtube]6qOvNgEsZ9s[/youtube]
:p

edgecrusher said:
i never really used to. i know this is probably bad because its just furthering my mood on how i feel about everything right now but its like i cant help it. i can relate to it so i listen to it without even really thinking about it. i should probably listen to something else to help me feel less depressed but it just doesnt happen.

I know.
I used to listen to my "misery music" as I call it, and cry myself to sleep soon-after.
All it did was make me feel even worse.
Don't do that.
Listen to some uplifting music; it'll wake you up a bit.

Hmm. I'd not recommend this, not if you want to feel better. I used to be primarily into extreme death/black/grindcore stuff and it did nothing but feed my feelings of rage, and despair.
However, uplifting music can make you feel equally bad sometimes, because it's still got a kind of emotional attachment involved; at least that was my experiance. If the uplifting stuff doesn't help, just try some kind of mindless, but fun, dance music. This can help you get out of your head.

I've been listening to some sad music the past few months, too. Some post-rock, like God Speed You! Black Emperor and Silver Mt. Zion, and recently I've been getting in to Dark Ambient stuff...mostly Lustmord.

I think it's healthy, actually. It's a way to help express how we feel and let us reflect and think about it. I don't think it helps to just pretend a problem doesn't exist...and, to me, when I listen to happy music and I'm really sad, that's basically what I'm doing. At least I get the same results.

Try listening to soundtracks, most of the time they're not really that sad since they have no lyrics to remind you of it, since you play games, listen to soundtracks of the games you like to play, it could sometimes cheer you up a bit since it reminds you of the time you enjoy yourself in the game without actually playing it.

Heh... I've always loved sad songs, especially on a piano.

[youtube]09UhKyLHYsg[/youtube]

[youtube]1dZUd9sB3X0[/youtube]

[youtube]QiiSFFg68TU[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back