im fine but im not happy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jales said:
well at least there are people around you. trust me it is better than being completely alone for the entire day.

what are they like though? do they seem happy or do they seem cold/fake?

imlikeasilhouette said:
jales said:
why arent you happy?

hmm, where do I begin? I don't know its mostly cause of the people around me I guess.

hahah human nature sucks.

Since i cannot sleep 3AM overhere I just thought about dropping in. Had some crazy things happening at work where i dont feel real happy about so been feeling kinda down now. :club:

RNT said:
Since i cannot sleep 3AM overhere I just thought about dropping in. Had some crazy things happening at work where i dont feel real happy about so been feeling kinda down now. :club:

That sucks, why not try to look for a different job? You should probably get some sleep if you have have tmrrow (:)

pity this busy monster, manunkind,

not. Progress is a comfortable disease:
your victim (death and life safely beyond)

plays with the bigness of his littleness
--- electrons deify one razorblade
into a mountainrange; lenses extend
unwish through curving wherewhen till unwish
returns on its unself.
A world of made
is not a world of born --- pity poor flesh

and trees, poor stars and stones, but never this
fine specimen of hypermagical

ultraomnipotence. We doctors know

a hopeless case if --- listen: there's a hell
of a good universe next door; let's go

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/pity-this-busy-monster-manunkind/

RNT said:

I wish I saw this a few days ago. Anyway, this is for everyone who has the same problem. I used to have problems getting to sleep, before it was because I had a bad job and a bad boss, after it was because I had a hard time finding a new job, then it was just if stuff happened at my new job. A few years ago I went to a management seminar, one that also taught us about how to use what we learned in everyday life. One thing we learned was pushing the thoughts that are keeping you up out of your head. It is REALLY hard to do at first. A few tricks we were taught were to analyze and compartmentalize out thoughts. Sort each and everyone out.

When we go to sleep our mind starts to recycle our day, things start to hit us more. Thing is, when you go to bed there is NOTHING you can do about what is bothering you. Absolutely NOTHING! So why let it keep you up? We go to sleep to heal our body and mind that is exactly what you are there for. So you have to train you mind when these things pop into your head, can you do anything about it? No? Then push it out, deal with it in the morning.

For those pesky thoughts that just won't leave, keep a journal, open it up and write it all down, what happened, how you feel, what you think you can do to resolve it. That way in the morning you can look at it objectively and rethink the situation through. Most of the time we're just over reacting to a situation and once you've had time to sleep on it the problem wasn't quite that bad. This works for everything, money, relationships, work related, whatever. If you are worrying about money there isn't anything you can do about it when you are lying in bed, unless you want to get up and check over your finances, but you can also do that in the morning. Write yourself a note and set your clock a little earlier to give yourself time to do that.

Moral of the story, there is nothing you can do about your problems when you go to bed so stop worrying about them, leave them until the morning to take care of. Ever since I went to that seminar and had this awakening I have a much easier time getting to sleep. Sure I still have things that bother me but then my mind clicks in, hey dumb ass there isn't a single thing you can do about it so worry about it in the morning.

SophiaGrace said:
pity this busy monster, manunkind,

not. Progress is a comfortable disease:
your victim (death and life safely beyond)

plays with the bigness of his littleness
--- electrons deify one razorblade
into a mountainrange; lenses extend
unwish through curving wherewhen till unwish
returns on its unself.
A world of made
is not a world of born --- pity poor flesh

and trees, poor stars and stones, but never this
fine specimen of hypermagical

ultraomnipotence. We doctors know

a hopeless case if --- listen: there's a hell
of a good universe next door; let's go

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/pity-this-busy-monster-manunkind/

Ah it's refreshing to read e.e cummings' again, cause right now I am extremely mad and depressed.

Sci-Fi said:
RNT said:

I wish I saw this a few days ago. Anyway, this is for everyone who has the same problem. I used to have problems getting to sleep, before it was because I had a bad job and a bad boss, after it was because I had a hard time finding a new job, then it was just if stuff happened at my new job. A few years ago I went to a management seminar, one that also taught us about how to use what we learned in everyday life. One thing we learned was pushing the thoughts that are keeping you up out of your head. It is REALLY hard to do at first. A few tricks we were taught were to analyze and compartmentalize out thoughts. Sort each and everyone out.

When we go to sleep our mind starts to recycle our day, things start to hit us more. Thing is, when you go to bed there is NOTHING you can do about what is bothering you. Absolutely NOTHING! So why let it keep you up? We go to sleep to heal our body and mind that is exactly what you are there for. So you have to train you mind when these things pop into your head, can you do anything about it? No? Then push it out, deal with it in the morning.

For those pesky thoughts that just won't leave, keep a journal, open it up and write it all down, what happened, how you feel, what you think you can do to resolve it. That way in the morning you can look at it objectively and rethink the situation through. Most of the time we're just over reacting to a situation and once you've had time to sleep on it the problem wasn't quite that bad. This works for everything, money, relationships, work related, whatever. If you are worrying about money there isn't anything you can do about it when you are lying in bed, unless you want to get up and check over your finances, but you can also do that in the morning. Write yourself a note and set your clock a little earlier to give yourself time to do that.

Moral of the story, there is nothing you can do about your problems when you go to bed so stop worrying about them, leave them until the morning to take care of. Ever since I went to that seminar and had this awakening I have a much easier time getting to sleep. Sure I still have things that bother me but then my mind clicks in, hey dumb ass there isn't a single thing you can do about it so worry about it in the morning.

This is extremely helpful but I'm too lazy to write, I'm going back to counting sheep.

counting-sheep.jpg

Hope that helps :)

lol

I'm glad you said "I'm fine"
I've seen too many posts that threaten suicide.
I never know what to do.
Risk saying the "wrong" thing?
Say nothing and be insensitive to someone's misery?
Spend time trying to help, only to have your advise ignored?

Anyway, my short version of being happy is to
"count your blessings."
In other words be mindful of every good thing in your life.
No matter how small.
This literally CHANGES your brain.
Rewiring the connections if you do it often enough.

Good luck to you.

Sci-Fi said:
counting-sheep.jpg

lol

Hahahaha :))) Thank you very much :))

A new life said:
I never know what to do.

"count your blessings."
No matter how small.

Good luck to you.

Yeah I get what you mean, it's hard knowing that chances are the words you will say to that person even if you have good intentions might push that person to kill himself or just continue breathing.. or just ignore that advice you'd given

anndd thank you for reminding me, I've known this 'principle' for a long time but then when bad things happen gets harder to focus on the good stuff.

imlikeasilhouette said:
Sci-Fi said:
counting-sheep.jpg

lol

A new life said:
I never know what to do.

"count your blessings."
No matter how small.

Good luck to you.

Yeah I get what you mean, it's hard knowing that chances are the words you will say to that person even if you have good intentions might push that person to kill himself or just continue breathing.. or just ignore that advice you'd given

anndd thank you for reminding me, I've known this 'principle' for a long time but then when bad things happen gets harder to focus on the good stuff.

I think that we live our lives by contrast.
And that the "bad things" exist to shine a light on the "good things."
Look at how many celebrities who appear to "have it all" have committed suicide (sometimes it's slow-motion suicide).
Like maybe the absence of problems makes them totally forget how fortunate they really are.

A new life said:
imlikeasilhouette said:
Sci-Fi said:
counting-sheep.jpg

lol

A new life said:
I never know what to do.

"count your blessings."
No matter how small.

Good luck to you.

I think that we live our lives by contrast.
And that the "bad things" exist to shine a light on the "good things."
Look at how many celebrities who appear to "have it all" have committed suicide (sometimes it's slow-motion suicide).
Like maybe the absence of problems makes them totally forget how fortunate they really are.

yeah and it sucks :/

Latest posts

Back