I'm just a Human who cares.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

Nina

I only joined yesterday but I made a thread and a few of the responding posters really inspired me. I've been mostly reading on the various threads and have noticed so many folks just want to talk. I have both time and interest in talking about darn near anything to anyone.

E-mail me, open up and pour out whatever needs to be out instead of in. No one should feel as alone as some of the folks I've read. I need to fill a void in my world and maybe listening to others is exactly what will fill it. A wise poster struck a deep chord in me when they wrote, that perhaps the meaning of life is found in ones seeking to live it.

Maybe this is the first step needed in my own journey of, "seeking." I'm usually not on much in the evenings but I have ample time during the day. I promise no message will go unanswered. If you need an ear, a friend, a stand-in mom or just someone to bounce a rant off of. I'm here. I'm not a therapist, just another human passing through who cares....

Oh! Thank you very much. I've had lots of free time lately during the day also since I'm out of work and my kids go to summer camps, and sometimes I feel lonely since I don't consider myself very social however finding this forum and reading through the posts make feel connected somehow.

lomojojo, I've been feeling sort of disconnected myself lately! I'll look forward to hearing from you. My kids are in college and grown. My husband is a workaholic and I'm seeking some new meaning in life for me. Swapping words will be treat for us both.

Nina said:
lomojojo, I've been feeling sort of disconnected myself lately! I'll look forward to hearing from you. My kids are in college and grown. My husband is a workaholic and I'm seeking some new meaning in life for me. Swapping words will be treat for us both.

Sure, I agree

Freedom--Thanks for the wise words. I may have become very lazy in giving meaning to my own life for the past few years.

SinfulVixen--Warm and fuzzy is good. I get so caught up in the pain I feel when reading some posts. I almost feel ashamed for feeling any dissatisfaction in my own life. I think coming to this site will prove to be a awakening experience for me and how nice to awaken to new ideas and concepts and keep someone else company along the way

Good luck Nina. As for making an adventure out of everyday life ... every read any Harvey Pekar? He writes comic strips about his everyday - some might say boring - shenanigans; but they're kind of mini-adventures, and can be quite inspiring to read. And often as funny as hell, too.

Yes so much pain in this forum... I stumbled on it when I was feeling lost and I felt the same way like you do after reading the posts. Funny isn't it? So many ways to connect and yet people are more isolated than ever...

I just found your other thread about something missing in your life. Yes you're right it got some really good and inspiring responses. You must have gotten really inspired with them because when i saw the title of this thread "A human who cares" and started reading it I felt it very honest and sincere. I think that we all come to this physical world with a purpose and finding that purpose is the key to feeling that connection. I love helping others and I know that is my path I just haven't figured out what stops me...

Electic_Fusilier--
Thanks, I will look into Harvey Pekar. Inspiration along with a good laugh is a sure bet for a good read, in my book.

rayousha--
Sometimes I think all the ways we have of connecting has actually put more distance in folks learning to invest in their very close relationships at hand and thus, forgetting how to create, foster and maintain really, deep and rich relationships anywhere. We move too fast, think too much, place way too much value on material goods and fear all of it.
But we just took a step in our own self discovery and maybe a few folks connecting with some meaning, can make a difference in the grander scheme of things...We fearlessly reached out and spoke...It's a tiny step but ALL steps count. At least, I want to belive they do.

lomojojo--
I am always amazed at the kindness of strangers. I was really pleased reading your words on "purpose" I think I may have mis-placed mine along the way and coming here is acting like a visual GPS system, in helping me re-locate it. I have been told I am wayyy too "deep" more than once in my life.
I LOVE hearing and reading the words of others. It always feels like you've somehow touched something very real when a person freely shares their thoughts with you, when they can do it fearlessly, with no worries of judgements or being right or wrong.
So many situations in life force us to put up fronts to gain social or professional acceptance. If we wear the masks too long, we forget who lives under them...
I was amazed at the words shared on my other thread as I am with these. I'm always so grateful when folks share a small piece of themselves, for no other reason than simply to "share". It's a gift money has never purchased and never will.

Thank you all for sharing with me. The sun came up this morning and I'll be darned, if it didn't look a little brighter. You never know when a short sentence, typed rapidly, will have a profound effect on someone you may never meet. We don't have to know each other to help each other....Kind of nice, just to ponder that...

I don't know if it's hormones or lack of sleep or what but when I read your response my eyes watered.

lomojojo--
It's probably a combination of both with just a pinch of wistfulness. I think it's so freeing, in a forum like this, to be able to speak from the heart instead of from behind that mask I spoke of. I'm beginning to think my own mask was getting too tight and that's what was taking the shine out of my life.

Electric_F...
How sad, I was just researching Harvey Pekar and enjoying his quotes and found this.

Jul 12, 2010 ... Harvey Pekar, the author of the comic book series American Splendor, was found dead this morning in Cleveland

I feel like I missed him by less than a week...I hope he finds a nice spot to share his creativity in the great, wherever...I always wonder where we go, when we don't go into tomorrow...Right after I survvie and learn to thrive in...Nice...I have every desire to take on forever.

Hey Nina, thanks for looking out. Loneliness is so often about looking inwards, and then it's even harder to see the people around you... darn self-perpetuating vicious circle of implosion...

... so thank you for asking for replies, even small ones...

Nina said:
Electric_F...
How sad, I was just researching Harvey Pekar and enjoying his quotes and found this.

Jul 12, 2010 ... Harvey Pekar, the author of the comic book series American Splendor, was found dead this morning in Cleveland

I feel like I missed him by less than a week...I hope he finds a nice spot to share his creativity in the great, wherever...I always wonder where we go, when we don't go into tomorrow...Right after I survvie and learn to thrive in...Nice...I have every desire to take on forever.

Oh no! I didn't know that...I think I'll have to put a little obit up on my facebook page. Ah, what a shame...

epic--all replies count. Sometimes the smallest ones have the best intentions and hold the greatest meanings.

Electric_F--I realy did enjoy reading his quotes...erudite and funny....great combo and a sad loss. Thanks for sending me in his direction.

I feel the same Nina. I've read certain posts here and I wondered about what can do. I wish you all the best!

rayousha said:
Yes so much pain in this forum... I stumbled on it when I was feeling lost and I felt the same way like you do after reading the posts. Funny isn't it? So many ways to connect and yet people are more isolated than ever...

I fully agree with you, Rayousha

Asterli--
It's funny how things works sometimes. I've lived my life surrounded with people and one day woke up feeling completely alone. I roamed around the internet for awhile, not sure what I was looking for and wound up here. I've read for hours and cried real tears for some and LOL'ed with others. Since I originally posted this, I think I've made a few friends that I will treasure for a lifetime. Some folks dismiss internet communications as just words on a screen but sometimes, those words can be a real lifeline. Thanks for the well wishes...I wish you the same. We can never have too many of those.

Nina said:
Some folks dismiss internet communications as just words on a screen but sometimes, those words can be a real lifeline

Personally I like communicating thru the written words, I used to write long mails to my friends before the internet because the act of writing down what I think makes me feel better.

Even now, I'd rather chat than talk on the phone because I guess you put more thought in what you are writing down. I believe people are able to reveal more of themselves in writing more than they know (reading between the lines). The anonymity makes it easier to pour their heart out. I like the written words and no letter or forum is long for me :D Some of the posters here are really wise and compassionate.

Latest posts

Back