I'm just a Human who cares.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rayousha said:
Nina said:
Some folks dismiss internet communications as just words on a screen but sometimes, those words can be a real lifeline

Personally I like communicating thru the written words, I used to write long mails to my friends before the internet because the act of writing down what I think makes me feel better.

Even now, I'd rather chat than talk on the phone because I guess you put more thought in what you are writing down. I believe people are able to reveal more of themselves in writing more than they know (reading between the lines). The anonymity makes it easier to pour their heart out. I like the written words and no letter or forum is long for me :D Some of the posters here are really wise and compassionate.

I agree with you again. Although I think that talking on the telephone is more personal but I agree with you that you can think longer about what you're going to write in mails.

Nina said:
Asterli--
It's funny how things works sometimes. I've lived my life surrounded with people and one day woke up feeling completely alone. I roamed around the internet for awhile, not sure what I was looking for and wound up here. I've read for hours and cried real tears for some and LOL'ed with others. Since I originally posted this, I think I've made a few friends that I will treasure for a lifetime. Some folks dismiss internet communications as just words on a screen but sometimes, those words can be a real lifeline. Thanks for the well wishes...I wish you the same. We can never have too many of those.

I really feel and agree with you. I believe that personal contacts are very valuable but if you don't have much of those you can, and maybe that is the brightside of the internet, turn to these places. I've also met some people through the internet who I really value and I hope to find more of them (hopefully here)!

Thank you for your words.

rayousha--
I completely agree with you about the anonymity of the internet, opening the doors to freer more honest expression. I've owned up to more feelings in this forum, in less than a month, than I have in a lifetime in my real world. I'm right with you on never finding too many words to read, as well. I find when I'm going through a really tough day I can come in and completely lose myself in the words and experiences of others. It's a great distraction. Words can be a really productive tool in coping with things. There are a lot of wise and kind folks in here.

Asterli--
It's amazing to me, that as you reach out and share thoughts with so many others via the internet...honestly... they really can help you strengthen and even reform some of your own perspectives. Some problems have no solutions but just being able to share it with a compassionate soul makes it a bit easier to contend with.

Nina said:
rayousha--
I completely agree with you about the anonymity of the internet, opening the doors to freer more honest expression. I've owned up to more feelings in this forum, in less than a month, than I have in a lifetime in my real world. I'm right with you on never finding too many words to read, as well. I find when I'm going through a really tough day I can come in and completely lose myself in the words and experiences of others. It's a great distraction. Words can be a really productive tool in coping with things. There are a lot of wise and kind folks in here.

Asterli--
It's amazing to me, that as you reach out and share thoughts with so many others via the internet...honestly... they really can help you strengthen and even reform some of your own perspectives. Some problems have no solutions but just being able to share it with a compassionate soul makes it a bit easier to contend with.

Nina, we are so on the same page! I try to be a compassionate soul and I can be sometimes but I think it's kind of a goal for me also because of my faith that God has laid in me (I don't know if you believe otherwise it's just a part of who I am).

Through contacts with others it can totally built yourself up about learning and creating new perspectives but therein you must not loose the balance in 'giving' and 'receiving' out of sight.

Asterli--
It always seems like there are at least two folks, in line, to give darn near anyone a bad time. I always try to be the third one, who shows up with a smile, a few kind words and a bottle of wine. If the smile and words don't quite cut it, the wine can, at least, take off the rough edges....:)

Nina said:
I only joined yesterday but I made a thread and a few of the responding posters really inspired me. I've been mostly reading on the various threads and have noticed so many folks just want to talk. I have both time and interest in talking about darn near anything to anyone.

E-mail me, open up and pour out whatever needs to be out instead of in. No one should feel as alone as some of the folks I've read. I need to fill a void in my world and maybe listening to others is exactly what will fill it. A wise poster struck a deep chord in me when they wrote, that perhaps the meaning of life is found in ones seeking to live it.

Maybe this is the first step needed in my own journey of, "seeking." I'm usually not on much in the evenings but I have ample time during the day. I promise no message will go unanswered. If you need an ear, a friend, a stand-in mom or just someone to bounce a rant off of. I'm here. I'm not a therapist, just another human passing through who cares....

Hi Nina. It always feels so good when someone cares. Thanks. I just found this site through another site, and I am glad I did. I'm just so tired of being alone. I have two kids, ages 16 and 17, and I try to not let them see my suffering. I have no more family, and I am a survivor of severe domestic violence. All I can ever remember, since I was a little girl, was dreaming about my wedding. It never happened. I was never asked out in school, and I really would have loved to experience a prom. It hurts SO BAD when I see married people, and complete families. That's ALL I ever wanted. I've pretty much accepted the fact that I will be alone for the remainder of life, and I can't help but feel like I missed out on the simplest thing in life. I wanted a husband, a father for my kids, a partner. I have no friends anymore, as everyone is married and it's so embarrassing to not have a husband to talk about. I am alone every holiday, and I would so love to be invited to a holiday party. Sometimes, I will stop and watch a random wedding. I picked everything out when I was 16....my dress, flowers, dinnerware, the food, the music, etc... Man, why didn't anyone want me as a wife? Happy lives are for other people, I think. I just have to accept it, and find some happiness in other things. I don't have a job, as it is hard to find a job after being home with babies for 17 years. I'm just worthless. Thanks for being a good person. Bye.

Hi jmc--
You're not worthless, no one is. You may look at others and experience envy for them being a couple but you have to realize others look at you and feel envy because you have those two beautiful children. Raising children takes an incredible amout of responsibilty and fortitude. You need to feel pride and worth in your abilities to raise 2 kids on your own. It's a huge accomplishment! Some of those married folks would sell their souls to have just one child to raise.
There are also countless women and men in marriages and they're in agony because of the abuse that happens within their relationships.
No matter where you are, at any point in time, you're only exposed to the tiniest fragment of the population in your area. You have to reach out. There are free sites on the internet that can match you to other folks in your area, who you can take your time and converse with on-line and get comfortable with before actually meeting or even just speaking with them.
You have to keep in mind, while looking at the married folks around you, that some of them are just as dissatisfied and lonely as you. A lovely ceremony and two people living at the same address doesn't guarantee a "Happily ever after" screnario.
Give yoourself a firm pat on the back for having had and raised those two children. Then find a comfortable way to reach out and you might be pleasantly surprised in finding a wonderful partener who has been waiting for you. :)

Nina said:
Hi jmc--
You're not worthless, no one is. You may look at others and experience envy for them being a couple but you have to realize others look at you and feel envy because you have those two beautiful children. Raising children takes an incredible amout of responsibilty and fortitude. You need to feel pride and worth in your abilities to raise 2 kids on your own. It's a huge accomplishment! Some of those married folks would sell their souls to have just one child to raise.
There are also countless women and men in marriages and they're in agony because of the abuse that happens within their relationships.
No matter where you are, at any point in time, you're only exposed to the tiniest fragment of the population in your area. You have to reach out. There are free sites on the internet that can match you to other folks in your area, who you can take your time and converse with on-line and get comfortable with before actually meeting or even just speaking with them.
You have to keep in mind, while looking at the married folks around you, that some of them are just as dissatisfied and lonely as you. A lovely ceremony and two people living at the same address doesn't guarantee a "Happily ever after" screnario.
Give yoourself a firm pat on the back for having had and raised those two children. Then find a comfortable way to reach out and you might be pleasantly surprised in finding a wonderful partener who has been waiting for you. :)

Thank you Nina....it means alot!

jmc--:)
If you ever just want to talk you can click on names and in the profile you'll find where you can private message or even e-mail folks. My in-box is always open so feel free if you ever want to talk...:)

Latest posts

Back