I'm just looking for a friend who's Christian religious and depressed at the same

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr4thofjuly

Reaction score
I'm just looking for a female friend who's Christian religious and depressed or whos feeling down or bitter with life at the same. I'm 26 years old male. You can PM me here. Thanks

yeah, that's the way to think, only a fellow christian would have anything of value to offer, to share, to help.... how 'bout this, all us pagans, jews, buddhists, taoists and muslims will now leave the forum and you can leave to go wallow in pain over at a cyber dating site where you can search for only a christian minded girl who can relate to you. jeesh. there are all kinds of people here who can help you, have experienced what you have, have had trouble with isolation, despair, depression, anger, feeling lost and forgotten, thanks for reminding us we are not valid because we don't express our every breath with your certain idea of who God is.... God is everywhere, he is within me, even if choose not to talk to him right now, I am of God, of goodness, of grace, I have my own relationship with a God of my choosing, a God of love and light.... and i live to express that love and light, share the light with those in the dark....and that my love and light is considered worthless to you is truly hurtful.

yeah, let's hear it for segregated prejudiced Christians need only reply to my needs kinda threads!!!!

How dare he have a preference for Christian girls that will obviously have so much more in common with him? **** the Christians to hell!!!

deirdre said:
yeah, that's the way to think, only a fellow christian would have anything of value to offer, to share, to help.... how 'bout this, all us pagans, jews, buddhists, taoists and muslims will now leave the forum and you can leave to go wallow in pain over at a cyber dating site where you can search for only a christian minded girl who can relate to you. jeesh. there are all kinds of people here who can help you, have experienced what you have, have had trouble with isolation, despair, depression, anger, feeling lost and forgotten, thanks for reminding us we are not valid because we don't express our every breath with your certain idea of who God is.... God is everywhere, he is within me, even if choose not to talk to him right now, I am of God, of goodness, of grace, I have my own relationship with a God of my choosing, a God of love and light.... and i live to express that love and light, share the light with those in the dark....and that my love and light is considered worthless to you is truly hurtful.

yeah, let's hear it for segregated prejudiced Christians need only reply to my needs kinda threads!!!!

That's a pretty bitter response to someone just asking for someone to talk to.

Like Eve said... leave religion out of it.

If he wants to hang out with Christians only, does that harm you personally in some way?

OH IT DOESN'T???

Then calm the fresia down.

I agree. It could be that some of the issues he's dealing with are related to the particular faith. It's not anything against those of us who are not Christians.

well forgive me.... i thought the focus of this whole website was loneliness and i didn't realize that loneliness and the causes, the effects were religion orientated. It just felt like a very prejudiced statement. and then i actually noticed the title of this forum, networking. forgive an old old person who isn't into the networking scene like all you youngsters, it didn't compute in my old fart brain that this website would even have a section that allowed people to weed out those they preferred not to hear from and only request to hear from those they do. never occured to me. i'll keep a better eye on the actual name of the forum in which i am replying

uhm. o_o Whatever makes someone feel better I think is the right thing. (unless it's drugs or something that harms someone else)

Welcome to the forum. :D

deirdre said:
well forgive me.... i thought the focus of this whole website was loneliness and i didn't realize that loneliness and the causes, the effects were religion orientated. It just felt like a very prejudiced statement. and then i actually noticed the title of this forum, networking. forgive an old old person who isn't into the networking scene like all you youngsters, it didn't compute in my old fart brain that this website would even have a section that allowed people to weed out those they preferred not to hear from and only request to hear from those they do. never occured to me. i'll keep a better eye on the actual name of the forum in which i am replying

I dont see what the difference is between asking for a christian girl to talk to, and asking just for a guy to talk to, or someone within a certain age range, or wanting someone from the same country or the same period in life. ect...

They're all preferences... *shrug*

well whatever makes you feel better; there are many people here of different beliefs, orientations and so on who will help you out

deirdre said:

FWIW I agree with every word you said. There was a lot of good you said in this post and sometimes even Christians need to be reminded of how much segregation exists is in the church. Sadly it's because of a whole consumer market niche created just for them has led them astray in the name of the almighty dollar.

I talked to Mr4thofjuly last night. He knows that I am Buddhist in my beliefs (more of a mutt when it comes to spirituality). He was very respectful of that. We had a very good conversation and he was a very kind person. I think perhaps when he wrote this post he just wanted someone who was like him. Don't we all? Someone we can relate to?

As far as the dogma of religion and segregation, I get it. Religion has been used to control and manipulate people all throughout history. Some people think they are the only ones who are right and I've see them marbled throughout many religions. Thats really sad such predjudices exist because religious people should be the HARDEST to offend. The MOST understanding. The most TOLERANT and LOVING. And that isn't how it is a lot of times.

@ Deirde I like what you said about god being light and love. My Lakota friend would say,"The world is a church. If you want to go to church step outside your door." Namaste :)

All remember to leave the religious debates out of this.

Mr4thofjuly mentioned three characteristics and aside from the first response this whole thread has been focused on just one of those three characteristics.

Minus said:
All remember to leave the religious debates out of this.

Mr4thofjuly mentioned three characteristics and aside from the first response this whole thread has been focused on just one of those three characteristics.

Your right, Minus. Sorry about that.

I dont think this thread was made so the person making it could have their head bit off. I think they were looking for someone with the same christian values as they have, and in doing so could relate to one another better because they would both know what its like to be christian and depressed. So stop hating on him because he wants a christian friend. I'm sure he didnt mean that all other religions had no valid points or opinions, or they couldn't help him.
People just need to stop judging everyone because of their religion, sexual orientation ect. If we all did this the world would be a much better place to live and maybe their wouldnt be so many wars.

cupcakecarnage said:
I dont think this thread was made so the person making it could have their head bit off. I think they were looking for someone with the same christian values as they have, and in doing so could relate to one another better because they would both know what its like to be christian and depressed. So stop hating on him because he wants a christian friend. I'm sure he didnt mean that all other religions had no valid points or opinions, or they couldn't help him.
People just need to stop judging everyone because of their religion, sexual orientation ect. If we all did this the world would be a much better place to live and maybe their wouldnt be so many wars.

He is a very nice person and is very kind hearted. I think your right. He only wanted someone to relate to. He deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt. He talks to me and I'm not christian.

Latest posts

Back