i'm new, just feel like telling someone how i feel.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thiscantbelove

Reaction score
i know i shouldn't be sad, but yet i am. there just feels like there is something missing from myself, you know when you can feel your heart hurt? well it hurts. i've just graduated from high school and have so many different options/pathways to go and i don't know what to do. i think i am a bit overwhelmed; lost and confused in this big world. i don't know where to start. so instead i waste my time not getting anything accomplished. i like to drown out my sadness, hard to admit, but true. i'm just too sensitive of a person, there are some mean people out there. i've had a lot of shitty things happen to me as well (such as a terrible, drawn-out divorce of my parents, and a really bad break up with my boyfriend of 2 years.) after that break up last spring i just haven't been the same. I went through a rough time with suicidal thoughts and substance abuse for a bit, i was just so sad and heartbroken. i just don't trust anyone, everyone in my life that is/has been close to me has let me down. I find it hard to get the motivation to go be the actress/dancer i want to be because i don't know why i should try? what's the point? i don't feel worth it. I feel like i cause more grief than happiness in everyone's lives. failure and disappointment are words that shouldn't go along with me but they do. I even feel silly writing this because i think to myself, who cares? i guess i kind of feel like a waste of space. I don't want to hurt people I want to make people happy, but I just feel worthless. Its quite sad really, i'm pathetic i guess. I feel like an empty shell of what I once was. Instead of doing great things with my life, i'm doing nothing. I quit ballet and i just can't find the motivation to go out and do something with my life because well, why should i? i just want to be loved and happy. :(

Seems like I've responded to your picture in the faces thread before anyone has even welcomed you - Welcome to the forum ;)

I can relate to what you're saying about drowning out sadness.. it's true that there are a lot of mean people out there, and you need some mechanism of defence against that, but make sure you don't completely drown out yourself - that's coming from one over-sensitive person who's lost part of himself by drowning out too much ;)

Hope you can find someone to trust again, should you ever want to talk for a bit, feel free to PM me.

Welcome to the forums. I felt a similar way after I graduated. Just keep pursuing what you want to do, don't let yourself stop at a dead end this early in life. People at your age are capable of achieving anything should they dedicate themselves to it entirely. Take performing arts classes at your local college and move up from there. Join contests. Once you begin to see those first signs progress in the pursuit of your goals, happiness will come to you along the way, and that sense of disappointment and failure others have set upon you in the past should fade away.

Welcome :)

Seems like you have a lot to figure out that could help easy your sadness. Being overwhelmed does not help with that. Make a list of everything and break them down into categories. What is the most important to what can be put on the back burner for now. Focus on what is the most important thing right now (which should be your future) pick one of the many paths before you and follow it.

thiscantbelove;

You will be; don't you worry about that.

You write with a lot of soul, and a lot of feeling. I bet you meet someone you love who recognises that.

Keep trying, and keep your head up. You'll make it. It's a hard time for you right now, but I believe you will get past it and be loved and happy like you dream for.

Don't feel sad or pathetic; well done for getting some of it out... I really hope it works out well for you.

Yes the world can be overwhelming for sure but just take small steps and if you can, maybe take a year or so to think about what it is you really want to do. There is nothing wrong with taking a break especially when there are other issues you are trying to get past. You are not pathetic and don't let anyone else make you think that. We are all equals and all make mistakes which is part of life. Right now try to focus on things that make you happy or make you laugh.

Latest posts

Back