I'm not sorry

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EmilyFoxSeaton said:
Your just wrong on a lot of this. That is often what I find out there a lot of wrong information that allows people to continue with the things they want to anyway.

Where do you get your information and how do you know if YOU aren't the one getting the wrong info?

Not saying you are right or wrong, just simply pointing it out that it's not always you're wrong, I'm right. Like if you are getting your political information from the tabloid, clearly it's not very accurate....it's the same way with medical information, if you are getting your information from just any old site, it's not necessarily correct.

TheRealCallie said:
Where do you get your information and how do you know if YOU aren't the one getting the wrong info?

Cause I just know. But I would point out I was the only one who even tried to put up factual information. Not that I like threads degenerating into factual contests.

So last night another *shake your head moment* one of my high school teachers was accused of abuse. How did she target the kid.... "sports" teams and after hours events. See I was sitting on my bed doing homework while other kids were on "sports" teams. Now I did sports, I skated, but I wisely declined to do anything outside of the rink that wasn't supervised or in a public type place. Assuming this teacher was innocent she was foolish to expose herself this way going out with kids after school.

Not doing things with people almost always seems to be the right answer and keeps me safe and happy. So most advice and social norms seem designed to cause the most strife.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
TheRealCallie said:

Cause I just know. But I would point out I was the only one who even tried to put up factual information. Not that I like threads degenerating into factual contests.

Um, medical information is generally a FACT based thing. Even holistic and home remedies and all that are based on study providing fact, so yeah, if you're going to tell someone they are wrong about something like that, you should be able to tell them WHY they are wrong. Which, sorry, but he's not completely wrong.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
Cause I just know. But I would point out I was the only one who even tried to put up factual information.

Without citing relevant research and with your own speculations/opinion spliced in there as if it were fact.

Latest posts

Back