I'm really sick of trolls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
annik said:
SophiaGrace said:
Stupid anonymity on the net making people more aggressive and antisocial.

100% truth.

It's perceived anonymity, and I don't believe it makes humans more aggressive at least. It simply highlights what is already naturally occurring :/

Causing people to become antisocial; however, is a separate discussion.

Skorian said:
I personally have no problem telling people to their face that they have issues. You have a problem with freedom of speech? I don't. I can handle criticism. Why can't you?

I personally have no problem with sex. I think that everyone else has sexual hangups. I don't. I don't mind people making constant, tasteless sexual remarks. Everyone else should, too.

Do you see the problem in the above statement?

Self-projection is a delusional way of dealing with the world. Just because you are capable of something does NOT mean that others are capable, nor does it mean that they even should be capable. Thinking and assuming that what you want means that everyone else should have or want it can justify nearly any crime.

That said, I too have to acknowledge that it feels like you have specific and serious issues with understanding that others, too, have freedom of thought as well as "freedom of speech." And in such, I too have to accept your incapacity at communication in some manners, and accept that perhaps you try to contribute to the positive in spite of your own limitations.

And for that effort, I am appreciative.

yea im sick of trolls too. i hate when they poo in my yard. (d)

IgnoredOne said:
So not accepting abuse is pure fantasy?

That is totally twisted.

Wow. Just wow.

You can't expect anyone to 'simply have the strength'; do you expect every single normal person to have the strength to lift a car or solve a differential calc question? Not everyone is capable of the same feats anod honestly, not all challenges can be resolved by a single person. People are different and some people do need more help than others; some situations are also more overwhelming.

Maybe. But people still have to live, so fragile, that they can't handle things. I wouldn't want to be that way. I would want someone to show me why my life was this way, what I was doing wrong.

I do think that you have your heart in the right place, Skorian, for what it is worth but the notion that bullying is okay and that the 'world isn't really so bad, its the victim's fault' is beginning to seriously dabble in the same pure fantasy that you're condemning.

Bullying is a perception... That is the problem. How much experience do you have with people who are afraid of their own shadow?

These /are/ the times when I feel that you are a troll, in no small part because you make claims that are clearly offensive - even personally offensive to people, and then insist that your pov is correct to the extent of suggesting that anyone who is different is stupid, weak or false. That's not a realistic to people - even if you are correct, perspective is a valuable thing to acknowledge at least on an intellectual level.

Simply the fact that I disagree is the heart of this. So I do not agree. Tell me not being able to accept disagreement isn't a problem? It is right here.... So simple to see. That is one point I am making here. It is a reason I keep going. How can a person live life if they can't handle people disagreeing and sticking to it? Don't you think accepting disagreement is an important life lesson?

Maybe it is cruel on my part to snare people with a weakness I know is there, but people still have a choice in how they deal. And I think that given a choice people would want to realize this within themselves. Even if they can't accept that now.

Skorian said:
Simply the fact that I disagree is the heart of this. So I do not agree. Tell me not being able to accept disagreement isn't a problem? It is right here.... So simple to see. That is one point I am making here. It is a reason I keep going. How can a person live life if they can't handle people disagreeing and sticking to it? Don't you think accepting disagreement is an important life lesson?

It is an important life lesson.

One that you need to learn yourself, alas. And perhaps, how to communicate gracefully. You do not learn to accept disagreements gracefully by calling the other person ignorant and weak, directly and by implication.

I assume that English is your first language?

IgnoredOne said:
Skorian said:
I personally have no problem telling people to their face that they have issues. You have a problem with freedom of speech? I don't. I can handle criticism. Why can't you?
I personally have no problem with sex. I think that everyone else has sexual hangups. I don't. I don't mind people making constant, tasteless sexual remarks. Everyone else should, too.

I both agree and disagree there.

Do you see the problem in the above statement?

Yes and no. It isn't a very refined point.

Self-projection is a delusional way of dealing with the world. Just because you are capable of something does NOT mean that others are capable, nor does it mean that they even should be capable. Thinking and assuming that what you want means that everyone else should have or want it can justify nearly any crime.

Where do you draw the line? What happens when people aren't even able to live life or are lonely, looking for answers, but not getting there? Do you treat them as invalids? Tell them what they want to hear, while knowing it is a lie? Humor them and mock them from wording they take as friendly?

That said, I too have to acknowledge that it feels like you have specific and serious issues with understanding that others, too, have freedom of thought as well as "freedom of speech." And in such, I too have to accept your incapacity at communication in some manners, and accept that perhaps you try to contribute to the positive in spite of your own limitations. And for that effort, I am appreciative.

I don't agree. What is going on here is choice. Choice for me, but apparently, not for others. I think people deserve the right to have their lack of choice pointed out. I just wish I was smart enough to breach the gap, if it is possible. However, I am limited by being imperfect. Then communication is imperfect. Even a perfect being would be limited by what was on the other side of what is being communicated. Every situation is at least two sided. Everyone in this thread is at fault for things. How can people live life if they can't accept fault? And then deal with that fault appropriately?

We are not talking about sexuality.

IgnoredOne said:
Skorian said:
It is an important life lesson.

One that you need to learn yourself, alas. And perhaps, how to communicate gracefully. You do not learn to accept disagreements gracefully by calling the other person ignorant and weak, directly and by implication.

I assume that English is your first language?

Take a few months to think about this thread when you have nothing better to do.

I could use the same argument against you that you are trying to use. A simpler method, would be saying "Stop". Obviously that is what you are saying. You are trying to use twisted reasoning to achieve that.

I disagree. Call it what you like.

Some day you may find yourself in a situation where you see a conflict between giving people what they want and what they need. Do you give a drug user a needle or do you make them face their honeysuckle?

There are days that I wish telepathy was a real possibility. All language is so flawed. It is arguable that true communication is impossible.

I don't know what else I could add to this thread that would be of value. Mostly I have repeated a few basic concepts over and over to the point of absurdity. Repetition can help communicate something sometimes, but it is a pain in the butt for me.

Maybe this is my attempt at redemption for forsaking my father. I disowned the man. Haven't spoken to him in years and have no desire to change that decision. He is a lost cause. Anger can build a shell around a person that can not be pierced. I am not angry with him, just things become pointless at some point. It becomes a waste of time to feel anything at all over people who are simply angry for no reason. It is peaceful to simply walk away and not look back. I have to believe I suppose that some people can be reached that have similar problems.

How the feed the ego.

1. Find a community build around helping others that are having a hard time.
2. Look down on them and tell them all of their problems are their fault. That you don't have their problems because you don't have that fault. Nothing external thing has ever influenced their life. (100% Free will philosophy)
3. ???
4. Profit

Here, I'll do an ELI5 on trolls for you.

Lets say 5 people participate in an activity that they get joy out of. One person comes along and does something that makes that activity less joyful up to the point where they no longer get joy out of that activity. The sole reason for that one person to do whatever they are doing is because they get joy out of ruining those 5 people's good time. This person is a troll. Trolls are bad. We hate trolls because they ruin our fun. Its that simple. It is not some personality flaw in us that ruined our fun, it was the troll. It is stupid to argue that trolls don't have a negative affect.

And don't say, "Oh but its a personality flaw to let the troll ruin your fun!" That is bullshit. There are many instances and activities where it is not possible to just ignore the troll until it goes away.

I feel like you are so blinded by your need to be right, and your need to say controversial things just so that you can try to prove to yourself how much smart you are, that you don't even take the time to think about whether or not what you are saying makes sense. It works for some people like Bill Maher because his shows are always one sided and he tends to add jokes to try and distract us from thinking about what he is actually saying. But, so far, I havn't seen you crack very many jokes.

Skorian said:
Some day you may find yourself in a situation where you see a conflict between giving people what they want and what they need. Do you give a drug user a needle or do you make them face their honeysuckle?

I've actually had to deal with this. And this is a great example of how you are exactly wrong.

The best answer is neither: you remove them from the situation.

You take them from any contact and possibility of getting access to the drug, while providing them with alternate means of dealing with the root cause that made them have to rely on drugs as an avoidance mechanic, recognizing that addiction can be itself a symptom.

They cannot be trusted to use their correct judgment. You do not yell at them and tell them that they suck: you cause pain and they will immediately return to using the same avoidance mechanism of psychoactive drugs. You certainly must never yell at them and have no method of enforcing separation; you will have both reinforced how powerless you are and essentially encouraged them to continue their self-destructive behavior.

Fundamental to this is understanding their use from their perspective, not from your own. You might feel all high and mighty about how awesome you are, but if you're looking to help someone, its not about you; its about them.

Skorian said:
There are days that I wish telepathy was a real possibility. All language is so flawed. It is arguable that true communication is impossible.

This has nothing to do with telepathy and everything to do with a fundamental failing in your approach. You blam us marketers for being manipulative, but really, we just understand that fundamental facet of communication. Present it from the perspective of the people you are trying to communicate to.

Skorian said:
I don't know what else I could add to this thread that would be of value. Mostly I have repeated a few basic concepts over and over to the point of absurdity. Repetition can help communicate something sometimes, but it is a pain in the butt for me.

Repetition by itself does not provide clear understanding.

Constantly repeating ohayo gozaimasu to you will not make you realize that I am saying good morning to you if you have no understanding of Japanese; you might deduce I am greeting you, but no fine comprehension is possible through simple repetition.

Skorian said:
Maybe this is my attempt at redemption for forsaking my father. I disowned the man. [/b]

We all have crosses to bear. This doesn't mean that our specific obsession is universally valid at all. And while we like to think of ourselves as having been wiser and more weathered for it all, really, it can mean that we're just more flawed and suffer from more tunnel vision.

Skorian said:

I think Peter Lorre made a good reply to this kind of behavior/idea

Now, on your theory that reality is simply reflection. It is true that what we perceive as reality is influenced by our thoughts, background, upbringing, ... The borders of my language are the borders of my world, right? You're taking your interpretation of these words too far however.

First of all, this is a too simplistic view of reality and the human mind; one that denies the plurality of the human mind and the role of the subconscious. What we do and say is not always completely rational, we don't just choose what we see all the time. Secondly, I might be hindered and limited by my upbringing and linguistical boundaries, but that doesn't mean that society or reality is just the sum of individual views. There are things that are considered a social consensus within a certain community/social group/whatever you want to call it and certain cultural groups have their own behavioural codes or rules for social traffic. When I see someone acting like an ass, I don't see myself in them, but I see ideas at work. I see the notion of what an ass is in practice, a notion that can differentiate regarding which social group I belong to. This means that one can identify someone being an ass within a said cultural atmosphere if that someone behaves abnormally. Obviously human beings are influenced by their social and cultural 'groups', but that doesn't give you the right to just walk around and say 'I can do what I want, because how you interpret it says more about you than about me'. lol, can't you see that it works both ways?

*runs away before I make a problem out of thin air*

and yeah, I hate trolls too :D

SophiaGrace said:
I agree with equinox. Skorian is a perfect example of someone that is judgemental and makes me feel like crap about myself and makes it so I cannot say or be myself. In fact I am so afraid of being judged every moment of the day that I don't tell anyone what I am going through.
Ryone
Here I am sitting in the car with a family member and they've just told me that everyone offline thinks I am a shining example of someone that is with it, that has drive. I am thinking "wow you really don't know me."

If I can fool my famil as to who I am for fear of judgement, you can bet your butt I do it here on ALL because of people like you.

I can never be myself because of this fear.

Hi, SophiaGrace. I know what you mean by not wanting to voice your feelings because of a fear of prejudgement by your peers. Many times I steer away from posting to threads, especially controversial ones, or starting a thread about me personally, because I don't want to hear what certain people have to say about me and I fear of sounding shallow or making an idiot of myself.

I believe that no one will really know us better than we understand ourselves and that we should have control over how well people get to know us; as well as the freedom to be ourself. To be honest, I think you're a cool person and I'm sure there are many people who would like to know you and hear what you have to say. And don't let those trolls hurt you, they just aren't worth your time.

Hm, I even hesitated to post this because I felt it was being intrusive. Weird how the mind can be such a tyrant over itself. :/

By the way, that is an awesome signature you have there.

IgnoredOne said:
Skorian said:
I've actually had to deal with this. And this is a great example of how you are exactly wrong.

The best answer is neither: you remove them from the situation.

You take them from any contact and possibility of getting access to the drug, while providing them with alternate means of dealing with the root cause that made them have to rely on drugs as an avoidance mechanic, recognizing that addiction can be itself a symptom. They cannot be trusted to use their correct judgment.

So what you are saying is that emotionally dependent people need to be isolated and removed from society? Need to be put in solitary confinement? There is no chance they can make the correct choice? This is your reasoning. This is of course why psych wards operate as they do and are hundreds of times more damaging to people then this thread is. Sorry for setting you up with the drugs bit.

You do not yell at them and tell them that they suck: you cause pain and they will immediately return to using the same avoidance mechanism of psychoactive drugs.

Who is yelling? I am saying the certain behaviors suck. And explaining why. That is the point.

You certainly must never yell at them and have no method of enforcing separation; you will have both reinforced how powerless you are and essentially encouraged them to continue their self-destructive behavior.

Fundamental to this is understanding their use from their perspective, not from your own. You might feel all high and mighty about how awesome you are, but if you're looking to help someone, its not about you; its about them.

Who feels high and mighty?

Skorian said:

This has nothing to do with telepathy and everything to do with a fundamental failing in your approach. You blam us marketers for being manipulative, but really, we just understand that fundamental facet of communication. Present it from the perspective of the people you are trying to communicate to.

These two don't belong together or in this thread. You are darn straight I don't like alot of marketing.... It is targeted to prey upon peoples weaknesses, but that is not for this thread and an issue we totally disagree on. I also think it is sick in an overweight society to put junk food as impulse items in the checkout lanes.

Skorian said:

Repetition by itself does not provide clear understanding.

That is why I don't say the "exact" same thing the exact same way. Ya, know.

Constantly repeating ohayo gozaimasu to you will not make you realize that I am saying good morning to you if you have no understanding of Japanese; you might deduce I am greeting you, but no fine comprehension is possible through simple repetition.

This is actually wrong as some people do learn this way, though it is hard. It is called associating words to an event. It is how babies learn.

Skorian said:
Maybe this is my attempt at redemption for forsaking my father. I disowned the man. [/b]
We all have crosses to bear. This doesn't mean that our specific obsession is universally valid at all. And while we like to think of ourselves as having been wiser and more weathered for it all, really, it can mean that we're just more flawed and suffer from more tunnel vision.

I am not even sure I would call it a cross. I might be on the other side of that, whatever that is called. Indifferent for the most part. I am more disturbed by my indifference. What I sometimes wonder is, am I indifferent to him or myself? Seems like the answer is myself.

Anyway, the rest of your comment is flawed. You have nicely side stepped the main few things I stated. I imagine that it is hard to argue against people taking personal responsibility.....

The importance of personal responsibility does not dismiss the existence of real external issues; and if you blatantly state something as doing 'damage' does not necessarily mean it is not the best solution.

You're a fanatic, as I've said before, and this is why ultimately communicating with reason and logic to you has limited viability. I've made my points as clearly as possible, and ultimately for the benefit of others rather than yourself. I hope you did glean something from it, especially the importance of understanding to communication.

That's all I really have to add.

The greatest pity that you end up trolling without even being aware. I would at least wish be cogent.

floffyschneeman said:
Skorian said:

I think Peter Lorre made a good reply to this kind of behavior/idea

Now, on your theory that reality is simply reflection. It is true that what we perceive as reality is influenced by our thoughts, background, upbringing, ... The borders of my language are the borders of my world, right? You're taking your interpretation of these words too far however.

I am not. You leave out biology. There is a long list of things that play into the reflection I speak of. No where did I say that people have total control over the reflection that they see. Only that people have at least some control.

First of all, this is a too simplistic view of reality and the human mind; one that denies the plurality of the human mind and the role of the subconscious.

The reflection I speak of is a reflection of ones self. I never said it was simple, but at the same time it is. It is the same as saying a person is limited and see's them self. A person is completely limited to what is in their own mind, they have no access to anything that goes around that. If what I say were not true, then it would be possible to gain knowledge without learning it. People are not able to know, what they don't know. Many attempt.

What we do and say is not always completely rational, we don't just choose what we see all the time. Secondly, I might be hindered and limited by my upbringing and linguistical boundaries, but that doesn't mean that society or reality is just the sum of individual views.

Society ??? Where did I claim that the world is created by an individual? Perception of reality, does not offer creation. The universe is there regardless of if you perceive it or not. It is instead individual views that limit our understanding of society and reality. Human limitations are the cause of all our problems. And some problems are the causes of human limitations. We are all limited by the clarity of our reflection. If it is out of wack, then people suffer as a result.

There are things that are considered a social consensus within a certain community/social group/whatever you want to call it and certain cultural groups have their own behavioural codes or rules for social traffic.

And these social groups can be broken down into smaller and smaller groups. The smallest social group is one person. Each person has their own culture. I don't really feel like grabbing the definition of culture atm. There isn't actual consensus on a great many things. That is the point of democracy and politics. That is why people disagree. You are trying to say that because some people agree with you, that you are right. This is actually one reason why psychologies definition of normal is a complete bust. It doesn't define anything in real terms. This a whole different topic. This gets into why mob mentality makes people crazy. It doesn't focus on an issue or reasons, but teams. Without some rational basis for discussion, anything goes. If the only thing one needs is agreement from others that are willing to agree. It is also why the US is not a true democracy, but a republic with a constitution. Mob rule is not stable. I won't even try to say anything here. This would take pages.

When I see someone acting like an ass, I don't see myself in them,

You actually do. That is why you assume that what I say is prompted by how you would feel in my place. Only I am not you. My motives are not yours. It is also your definition of ass, based upon your feelings of that definition.

but I see ideas at work. I see the notion of what an ass is in practice, a notion that can differentiate regarding which social group I belong to.

Where is this stuff coming from? What is an idea at work? The concept of disagreement or people not feeling good is an idea? How about you challenge the validity of that idea? Challenge your understanding of what you believe you see. Why would you simply accept what you believe without asking any questions?

This means that one can identify someone being an ass within a said cultural atmosphere if that someone behaves abnormally.

Humans create culture. It is every changing and ever flowing. Culture changes like wind, sometimes slow and sometimes like a raging river. It is hardly a good way to define anything.

Obviously human beings are influenced by their social and cultural 'groups',

Try exchanging culture with beliefs. Beliefs is a better word. Culture is being used under the false pretense that it is static. Belief is much truer to what culture really is. A person's beliefs are based upon what they know or think they know. Beliefs change based upon experiences and learning.

but that doesn't give you the right to just walk around and say 'I can do what I want, because how you interpret it says more about you than about me'. lol, can't you see that it works both ways?

You are doing no different. Nor is anyone else. Honestly, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights give me these rights.

Why would you want to isolate and insulate yourself from things that would help you gain more understanding of the world? Why is disagreement a threat? Why is it painful? Why is being wrong unacceptable? Why are you afraid to stand by yourself? Do you think one or millions is actually different?
*runs away before I make a problem out of thin air*

and yeah, I hate trolls too :D

Here is a simple example of what shows how much people how much your world is your reflection.

If you are happy, then those around you will seem happy. If you are angry, then people around you will seem angry.

The fact of the matter is that you perceiving me as angry is a reflection of the fact that people here are angry. People compensate by acting nice in the extreme to hide from themselves and others how they feel. It seems like people think I am angry. Go ahead, tell me I am lying. Deny.

If you are not afraid, then why not simply walk up to someone and talk to them? Why see so many bullies in the world? Why is it that people see a bully and see themselves in how they would behave and why? They see themselves and assume that someone who is being rough or whatever, is on the edge of snapping? When usually nothing could be further from the truth?

Anger and fear tend to go together. So because you are angry, you are also afraid. What is scary is that fear is in part a reaction to the fact that there are laws that prevent you from doing people you are angry at harm. So you are probably afraid of losing control of that anger and getting punished. I could say more, but anyway.

Anger and revenge also go together. This whole thread is about anger. Anger at trolls. Is it the trolls that wish people harm? Or you.... You don't feel their feelings, you feel your own. Why do you assume that you feel their feelings? Or that you know what their feelings are? Did you ask them? Or is it from group consensus of other people that feel the same, but don't know?

This typing is very easy for me, it is just time consuming. Because I am not angry. And because I am not angry, it is easy to not over react or blow. What is gained by losing it?

actually I did not read what you said. bold letters hurt my eyes specially after working in front of PC the entire day. (hehe) pardon me.

anyway, ok, if you say that what I see on you is what I really see in myself. *yikes* but really who could argue with you ^^

maybe what you see in me is also what you see in yourself. you are the one bringing up so far fetched topics into the thread. I really do hope you are not like what I perceive you to be on this forum in real life. I hope you're kind and open minded in the real world.

also, you still don't have the right to do whatever you want or say what ever you want specially about other people and specially if they are unfair judgments.

YOUR constitution and YOUR bill of rights didn't give you the right to act like an ass. I am not saying you are but sometimes you act like one.

floffyschneeman said:
actually I did not read what you said. bold letters hurt my eyes specially after working in front of PC the entire day. (hehe) pardon me.

anyway, ok, if you say that what I see on you is what I really see in myself. *yikes* but really who could argue with you ^^

maybe what you see in me is also what you see in yourself. you are the one bringing up so far fetched topics into the thread. I really do hope you are not like what I perceive you to be on this forum in real life. I hope you're kind and open minded in the real world.

also, you still don't have the right to do whatever you want or say what ever you want specially about other people and specially if they are unfair judgments.

YOUR constitution and YOUR bill of rights didn't give you the right to act like an ass. I am not saying you are but sometimes you act like one.

Here, let me sum it up for you...
[video=youtube]

floffyschneeman said:

I don't use bold for short simple things, but if words are in the middle, it is very hard to read when everything is the same.

I don't think you fully understand, but think about it. The weird thing that some claim about empathy is that people can feel what others feel. However, empathy is usually from experiencing the same thing and knowing what yourself felt. People can't actually feel others. It would be nice. It would pretty much require telepathy. No one can feel anyone, but themselves. That doesn't mean people can't see cues, but the reaction to those cues is still a reflection of ones self. Cues is body language, face, tone, ect ect.

That is why relationships are hard as people are with someone who is not a replicate and people sometimes misunderstand even the closest person to them. In regards to women sometimes it is a good idea to just pretend to agree to understand everything. It really goes both ways. "Many" people do this, but it is sort of sad that people can't acknowledge not understanding. Don't know on how many TV sit come couples this approach is recommended, but it is alot.

I am actually satan sitting here. My horns and tail burn

Ya, not really focused on what it means to myself atm, but I am pretty much ignoring my feelings... They can be a nuisance.

I would love if all of such and such political party were muzzled. Is full of asses if you ask me. Crooks. Clap them in chains... I would love to claim they don't have the right to behave as they do.

My god your idiocy continues to grow, bullies are NOT being playful. Yeah the bully who approached me in the locker room with his dick in his had was being playful. fresia YOU! Obviously you were/are one of those bullies since you defend them. You are so thick headed and want to sit here and insult everyone and blame us for the tortures we have endured THAT WE NEVER ASKED FOR!!

Never has anyone ever pissed me off so much on a forum like you have and make me want to never come back, despite all the nice SUPPORTIVE people I've met on here. Get a life you ignorant ass.

I'm done with you. *clicks add to ignore list*

How Could You Hate Something So Cute?

troll-doll---wikipedia--the-free-encyclopedia-lrg.png

Sci-Fi said:
My god your idiocy continues to grow, bullies are NOT being playful. Yeah the bully who approached me in the locker room with his dick in his had was being playful. fresia YOU! Obviously you were/are one of those bullies since you defend them. You are so thick headed and want to sit here and insult everyone and blame us for the tortures we have endured THAT WE NEVER ASKED FOR!!

Remember, girls also get raped only because it was their fault, too.

Honestly, I mean, I can appreciate some aspects of that thinking - specifically where a person should learn to realize that life is cruel and arbitrary, and that self-reliance is valuable. The notion that it is morally the victim's fault, though, is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back