im straight **** it!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

man of one

Reaction score
so yesterday my mom comes up and says tell me the truth do you like girls?, i obviously said yes since it's the truth i am straight..the reason is obvious that she asked that, im 22 and no girlfriend still but that question just bothered me alot now im angry and depressed, cause as i have said i have tried getting a gf to no avail and it is real frustrating and now to throw on top people questioning my orientation just ******* adds more pressure and salt to the wound..anyways my mom of all people should understand why i dont have a gf, i have social anxiety i never go out the house and i don't really like hanging out with people in general but she still asks that question and that gets me mad..

she does ask me from time time time do you like a girl? and i hate when she does so even if i do i tell her no and to drop it i dont know why but i get embarassed talking to her about that..other times i have told her, i even tell her the name and she gets all happy and stuff then a few months pass and the question again and i tell her i already told you but she says i haven't. and when i say no she starts saying i never like any girl completely forgetting all the times i have told her a name, and now today the are you gay question...what do i do should i talk to her about it or what? i really dont want her doubting that im straight cause that really bothers me, should i tell her about the girl i currently like?

Why do you care what she thinks?
To her, one of the explainations to your single-ness would be that you are gay.
And she's just curious. . so she's asking . . I don't think in a negative way.

If you're straight, why do you let it bother you?
And why not just tell her about the girl you like?

"I am straight. Dammit."

^ That is on my positive affirmations list every morning when I get up. It comes right after "You are a good person" and "People love me".

Ok..so Im over 40. I riased a couple of family actually..other people.s kids..but I havnt been able to form a relationshop my biological children..The ironic tiwst of it all.
As everybody Know the economy took a big ass dump..jobs were lost..people lost homes...etc and it still havnt repocvered. Unemployment reminds high and will paying jobs are non existence....
In a nutshell I had to move back home to my parents. Still consier myself lucky for not being homeless..
So my exgf ran out on my ass after I lost my job due to mass laid off..
messed with my head. Heart N manhood even more...To pour more salt into my wounds..My fatjher is a major prick and my mother treats me like a 19 yr old..gave me curfue..like WTF??? Lmao

So a while back My mother caught me in bed with a 19 yrs old chick.Hahahaaa
Thats what she gets for treating like a 19 yr old...
She had a crazy look in her eyes but a look of releaved @ the sametime.lmao
Michael is sneaking girls into his bedroom again...that is jst wrong.but at least hes not gay.lmao.
So not too long ago my gf had to go used the bathroom in the middle of the night..She was in her panties...
she bumped into my father....
Thats what he gets for being a dick.hahaaa

Im seriously really living this ur 40s is ur new 20s :p

man of one said:
so yesterday my mom comes up and says tell me the truth do you like girls?, i obviously said yes since it's the truth i am straight..the reason is obvious that she asked that, im 22 and no girlfriend still but that question just bothered me alot now im angry and depressed, cause as i have said i have tried getting a gf to no avail and it is real frustrating and now to throw on top people questioning my orientation just ******* adds more pressure and salt to the wound..anyways my mom of all people should understand why i dont have a gf, i have social anxiety i never go out the house and i don't really like hanging out with people in general but she still asks that question and that gets me mad..

she does ask me from time time time do you like a girl? and i hate when she does so even if i do i tell her no and to drop it i dont know why but i get embarassed talking to her about that..other times i have told her, i even tell her the name and she gets all happy and stuff then a few months pass and the question again and i tell her i already told you but she says i haven't. and when i say no she starts saying i never like any girl completely forgetting all the times i have told her a name, and now today the are you gay question...what do i do should i talk to her about it or what? i really dont want her doubting that im straight cause that really bothers me, should i tell her about the girl i currently like?

I'm wondering if it's one of two things:
1.) She wants you happy & dating
2.) She wants you out on your own
Could be both, or she's a homophobe!

My mom is the same way. Lol. She means good though. She just wants to see you happy and with a girl.
I really think she means no harm. And she is just a bit worried that you never had anyone. My mom was the saaame with me..before I got into a relationship. After my first relationship she did it less.. but she was still a bit worried.. just to think that I was single.
At the moment she is very worried about my brother who is the only single child she has. He has had girlfriend before and sleeps with girls from time to time, so she does not worry about him being gay (but she did before he had his first girlfriend).. but she worries that he is single.

Um I dont think there is any solution to mothers like this. Just know that they love you, they mean no harm, and they feel better when you are in a relationship.

Note though..once you are in a relationship she will be worried about a whole lot of other things.

For example almost weekly (and I am serious) my mother asks me if my husband beats me, she asks if he is aggressive.. and all sorts of strange questions about our relationship and sex life.

The point is I think mothers like this just want to know everything so they will ask.

And yes before I had my 1st boyfriend my mother asked me if I was gay several times. I always said no, and then she said thank god.
I could go on and on, but I think you get the point.

I dont think you can change your mom, but I dont think she means harm... so you dont have to change her.

Also: it's quite funny but even after you have a girlfriend and even if she sees you with girls..she may still worry (if she is like my mom). About 2 weeks ago my brother slept with an old friend of mine and my dad caught her the morning after coming out of his shower. So my father was pissed, since they arent even in a relationship. But my mom was very happy and her reason: AT LEAST HE IS NOT GAY.

But is is obvious that he is not gay, he has been in relationships with females. :p It still wont register. I think he needs to currently be in a relationship for her to be sure. :p

Yeah man, it hurts. If you don't have a girlfriend, fill the void with weight-training.

SocratesX said:
Yeah man, it hurts. If you don't have a girlfriend, fill the void with weight-training.

You are exagerating with the fitness/workout stuff -_-

Poueff said:
SocratesX said:

You are exagerating with the fitness/workout stuff -_-

A good majority of my posts contain alot of hyperbole. People need to see that.

Latest posts

Back