I'm the "odd" twin

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooosic

Reaction score
Is anyone the odd member of their family???
I have a twin sister and I'm the odd one! She has way more friends than me, guys basically "run" to her, and this may sound really really childish but my parents treat her way better than me! I do not mind being weird/odd at all (i love being different) but its kind of starting to make me feel lonely! Sorry if this is confusing!

Does anyone feel this way also?

wow, that must be difficult to see your twin have a "better" social life than you. i'm sorry you're parents don't treat you as well.

yes. i feel that way. everyone in my immediate family is shy/quiet/introverted, and they all seem ok with it. my parents love just having each other. my one brother loves being alone. and my other brother is married and has a "normal" social life. i'm the only one who wants deep relationships but doesn't have them. my family life is fine--i don't so much feel lonely in my family; but i feel like they're all content with the relationships they do/or don't have; but i'm not.

the funny thing is . . . when i was a kid i wished i had a twin because i thought i'd be so close to my twin and we'd understand each other.

Yeah im the odd one as well most definitely,my whole family is social and my brothers are REAL social have had girlfriends, have a bunch of friends and they go out all the time so let's just say they act like normal social young guys, i on the other hand am the opposite on everything and im gonna be honest it sucks, sometimes i envy what they have but it just seems so hard for me to be like that..so like you i don't mind being different but there come days where i just wish i was like them..

Yeah..I'm not a twin, but I do have a brother who seems much more socially adept than I was at his age. My mom is like a social butterfly...she has men (and women!) MY age asking her out when she's in her late 40's! They both have dated waaay more than I ever have, and if they so pleased, they could have anyone around them.
I, on the other hand, have to try very hard to be social. To some, it might seem like it comes naturally to me. Others might notice that I'm trying way too hard. Either way, it's mentally draining for me. I'm not that hard to please - one or two good friends would do the trick, but even that is difficult for me to find.
The worst thing is that my family doesn't always acknowledge my social ineptitude and will be quite insensitive at times...sometimes they'll openly mock me in front of company when I'm being difficult or shy. Well, you can't expect everyone to understand you. :/

So... I'm just kinda wondering...

WHICH ONE ARE YOU???

coors-light-twins.jpg

...AND TWINS!!!

Latest posts

Back