im wondering what in life is permanent?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostly..theroadhome

Reaction score
you can gain your qualifications it remains permanent...but in relationships and social events investing in it for permanecy, most of the time you can never gain permanacy in lifestyle or are there aspects that can be permanent?

Not sure if I'm understanding your question right, but I think anything that could be recorded physically could be permanent or at least last a long period of time, your journal, qualification is also just a record of what you qualified to do, your portfolio, your resume, your sketch book, things you created and own, they'll last as long as you keep them in physical form, you tread a road and they could be permanent too if you keep walking on that same path, until the day you're gone.

Any damage you do on a person could be permanent, a lot of things you do depend how big it is could be permanent, but nothing will last forever.

(Not sure if I understood your question correctly either)

The people in your life may not stay with you permanently, but how they affect you may.
I just try to remember to not take the best moments for granted, as they may never come again.
To always try to hold my head up high even during the darkest times, as we only live once.

I think the permanency of your life is not completely in your control but it is possible. It's permanent in the sense that certain important people will remain in your life. Close friends, family, significant other, etc. It's up to you (and them) to do your part in the relationship so it stays that way. There will be other changes.. moving away, death, illness. But this is all beyond our control and at some point we will die. I guess you can say that nothing is permanent, except maybe your soul, depending on your beliefs.

Nothing is permanent, not even qualifications (I assume you meant like a degree for a job). Many/most jobs require continuing education/seminar credits these days.

I'd say the only thing that CAN BE permanent is your outlook on life, whether positive or negative.

Nothing in life is permanent............life is so short ......the only permanent thing is our souls..........define how we treat people and our acts in our lifes in this short time we have here........

cheers for the answers.

I think 'change' is the best answer, as it is constant.

As for family and friends, i dont consider them permanent

to be honest, my family have completely betrayed me. I dont have family as far as I'm concerned from here on in, its just me, im alone.

my parents are never happy for me, they hate it when I succeed with a revengence, and they discourage me away from friends who care about me, and lecture me about stopping studying or doing things i really like

once im finished the course im struggling to achieve and keep, my family are gone, cos any man or friend that comes in my life they also discourage

they hate when im intimate and happy with someting or have goals or directions, be it jobs, career, friends, men, hobbies, clothes, free time to myself to embrace...you name it, they get jealous and try to take it away ...

in a hundred years from now, everyone you know will be dead, that is impermenance, and it's probably the most permenant constant...
kind of depressing, but at the same time what a releife... would you really want to be yourself much longer then that?...and if so... would you want everyone else to be?

what's permanant in life though is choice... every choice you make will remain "that choice you made" untill there is no more "you" so choose wisely...

yesm said:
in a hundred years from now, everyone you know will be dead, that is impermenance, and it's probably the most permenant constant...

I agree.

In life there is nothing permenent except the memories we had. It is the only thing which we can have all the time till death. The good and the bad too. We can always cherish it all the time in our good and bad time. Other than the insurence is your permenent companion in life which last with you till you loose.

Nothing is ever permanent life is about change. At least that's how I see it.

Latest posts

Back