Imagine if....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pacman

Reaction score
So I was thinking earlier this evening as I was in my room super pissed off and depressed about a chain of events that happened recently....

If suddenly tomorrow you would wake up with amnesia, the type where you forget your entire past, and the only thing you know is your name and whatever skills you had before the amnesia started (like in Jackie Chan's movie Who Am I hehe), do you think that it would change your life for the better??
I mean, imagine if you remember absolutely nothing from your past experiences, no built up garbage, no baggage, everything on a clean slate.

What do you all think? Would that be good or bad?

Kind of like if you were doing your job, and somehow died due to lets say being eaten by a ghost monster. Then you could get a second or third life, with no memories of the past, and go about doing your job again, which for the sake of this illustration involves moving around a maze all day eating tiny pellets. No thanks. It's hard enough to overcome the real amnesia, that of death and past lives.

Well if it was a "special" kind of amnesia and I only forgot my baggage and negative experiences from the past...that would be AMAZING! Where do I sign up? I think that would be nice/fun for a while =) But....hard knocks and bad events tend to teach us lessons (sometimes) and make us wiser so a clean slate may result in one being naive and getting into bad situations again (because you wouldn't remember that you already made that mistake thus resulting in brand new baggage and bad experience within a week or two...so I guess one would wind up with baggage in the end anyway =/

I have recently thought about this.. and it is a double edged sword. Can't win either way..

The chances would be like 50% to each side (good or bad), But to be honest i wish i 've the ability to make it since it looks no matter how hard i can try nothing changes so maybe new input/life style would come up with different results.

Latest posts

Back