Imo the phrase "be yourself" is a joke.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL...I like heavy metal and I still listen to heavy metal.
To me all of the different labels of core this core that ..it totally fucken retarded.
It's still rock n roll to me.

i can still jamm to 2 mins to midnight or the tropper note of note.
I'm a heavy metal guitarist.
I also play a lot of Joe satriani...
I suck at classical or flamigo stlye..simply becuase it dosn't interest me and I don't practice it.
I write my own music.

However i enjoy other types of music...such as trance, jazz or country.

Most of my friends listen to RAP, alternative or whatever.

Some girls I met likes heavy metal and other types of music too.
Most girls don't like hard heavy metal or power metal...or whatever the fresia you want to label it..lmao
So I'll listen to pop music too.

mmmm...maybe you can get a mollet. All bussiness in front and partay in the back...lmao
This way you can try to BALANCE things.

I still grow my hair or cut my hair whenever I feel like it.
My hair was down to the middle of back until a year ago.
I simply putted my hair in a pony tail and worn a cap when I go to work.
My ex-gf loves my long hair. She thinks it's sexy. I bascailly kept it long for her.

I didnt necessary fit your status quo
of a manager. i hate wearing a neck tie and slack to work.
I wore jeans ..it was causual friday for me everyday...lmao
My bosse hired me for my skills not for the lenght of my hair or the music I enjoying listening to.
I didn't have to deal with the general public in person...so it was okay for me to dress as I wanted.

I was in the usaf...so i know what it's like to be straight up clean cut in a uniform too.
I sprayed so much startch on my uniform they became stiff...I started feeling stiffed too.lmao

I still don't have any body tatoos or percings. That's just something i never got into.

It's okay to change and want to be accepted or fit in.

Well...all the metallica dudes..cutted thier hair.

I guess try to fit in but don't lose yourself in the process.

I saw an emo sort of looking young man today...I'm not sure what kind of freaken fashion statement
he was trying to make...but it's how a lot of young kids dress today.
He had two fucken belts on and his pants were still kind da falling off of his ass. Errr wtf...lmao
My friend and I almost died laughing.

IMHO you haven't discovered who you really are and therefore don't really know what it means to "be yourself."

I personally discovered who I am at 22. I have since learned to be myself and I can't be any happier with my life.

Well, actually I can. For the most part I'm pretty content, though.

Plenty of times that I've openly presented my real self to people it just results in them becoming alienated or threatened by me. Because I'm not a casual person. I take life personally. And the things that I'm into I'm REALLY into. Which I guess can come across as too intense or overbearing.

I get better results socially when I'm acting the part. Which isn't always bad. It can feel pretty cool if you are playing your character well. But it can get you down, too, when you realize that people prefer the character over your real self.

One annoying feeling that I get sometimes from people: that somehow I'm different and have different needs and desires than everyone else. And I think that as I've matured I've realized how remarkably similar everyone's needs and desires really are. So despite my eccentricities I'm the ******* same as the rest of you.

Latest posts

Back