Imperfect is the new perfect

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooosic

Reaction score
I just want to share this with you all because maybe it will help some of you.

Leading up to my graduation, I was really, really depressed and my self esteem was LOW! Everyday I would come home from school, get on Facebook, see all of the beautiful people from school on Facebook, i barely ever had a picture of myself on facebook that had me smiling, and then go in my room and cry. (it's weird... I know) I always would think "how can I possibly look this way, while they look that way! And to make it worse, I constantly compared myself to my twin sister.(we're fraternal) I just thought I was ugly and noone liked me. But ok I don't want to bored anyone so I'll get to the point!

After I graduated, I slept sooooo much and thought alot about myself. I came on here and someone told me to write positive things about myself everyday. I admit, I was not consistent with it, but now my self esteem isn't so low! It's not great but it's not as bad as during school. I looked in the mirror one morning and was like ..."I'm not that ugly." that's when I knew I was starting to make progress. Now I'm like "I'm not ugly, oh my hair looks great today." I give myself compliments and it makes me feel great. I realized I said I was ugly so much to where I made myself actually believe it. So here's tips to anyone that has very low self esteem.

1.write something positive about your self everyday
2.start complimenting yourself
3.You're not ugly so stop saying you are. The more you say it, the worse you'll get
4. Have a good sleep.
5. The oh so popular one... Quit comparing yourself to others
6.and always remember... Imperfect is the new perfect :D that's what got me out of that low state!!!

I'm not good at story telling, but hopefully you all understand it.

Great post Mooosic!

Its funny, but when I sorted my life out I just suddenly looked better :) Hell, I even had more success with women!

Anyways congratulations on this step, its an important one!

LETS ALL BE DIFFERENT!

I wear my watch on my right hand, Get random songs stuck in my head and end up singing them, wear shorts in winter, sometimes wear Jumpers without shirts, almost have my fedora :), and am the only person i will let insult me.

trZ said:
Great post Mooosic!

Its funny, but when I sorted my life out I just suddenly looked better :) Hell, I even had more success with women!

Anyways congratulations on this step, its an important one!

yeah for guys, its just a matter of sorting our their lives no matter how ugly they look. It's a man's world!

definitely reflects how my self esteem grew

great luck with it

Thanks everyone! I'm happy for all of you

@condemnedsoul666 haha when u said u wear your watch on your right hand, i looked at mines and I wear it on my right also!!! lol I'm the odd one in the family. I llisten to classical music, i like to wear two different socks, i don't dress like people my age.. converse, jeans, and a tshirt pretty much makes up my whole style, I would rather play video games than go to the mall, etc.

I laugh at myself now though. It's much easier going places when u don't care what others think!

Mooosic said:
3.You're not ugly so stop saying you are. The more you say it, the worse you'll get
4. Have a good sleep.
6.and always remember... Imperfect is the new perfect :D that's what got me out of that low state!!!

Good tips! :)

Moosic you are now my friend..... mainly the awesomeness, For classical music its mainly bach for me.

Mooosic said:
I just want to share this with you all because maybe it will help some of you.

Leading up to my graduation, I was really, really depressed and my self esteem was LOW! Everyday I would come home from school, get on Facebook, see all of the beautiful people from school on Facebook, i barely ever had a picture of myself on facebook that had me smiling, and then go in my room and cry. (it's weird... I know) I always would think "how can I possibly look this way, while they look that way! And to make it worse, I constantly compared myself to my twin sister.(we're fraternal) I just thought I was ugly and noone liked me. But ok I don't want to bored anyone so I'll get to the point!

After I graduated, I slept sooooo much and thought alot about myself. I came on here and someone told me to write positive things about myself everyday. I admit, I was not consistent with it, but now my self esteem isn't so low! It's not great but it's not as bad as during school. I looked in the mirror one morning and was like ..."I'm not that ugly." that's when I knew I was starting to make progress. Now I'm like "I'm not ugly, oh my hair looks great today." I give myself compliments and it makes me feel great. I realized I said I was ugly so much to where I made myself actually believe it. So here's tips to anyone that has very low self esteem.

4. Have a good sleep.

I'm not good at story telling, but hopefully you all understand it.

I like this post so much. You've made me smile after a long day of feeling down. thank you :)

@floffyschneeman Im so glad this can help! I hope your days get better! Good Luck

@skuzziemuff Ah... Thanks for those words!

@condemnedsoul666 Great minds think alike :p

@lonelyfairy Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back