In need of company...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthonyS13

Reaction score
Well it seems like I can never escape being single and lonely. Why won't anyone notice me as a potential lover? I've never dated or had a real relationship, and to top it off I got led on two days ago, then again the following day.

I try my best to be as confident and proud as I can in front of others, without looking cocky. I've tried dating sites but none of them work (I'm sick of talking to a machine posing as a girl that generates fake messages!), and I never seem to succeed at anything.

I am unemployed, friendless, broke, and unloved. I'm a nobody who tries to escape the tentacles of loneliness, but fails. So what's my only choice? To grieve.

I hate being single. These are the most miserable years for me. What's wrong with me?? Am I ugly??

I am unemployed, friendless, broke, and unloved. I'm a nobody who tries to escape the tentacles of loneliness, but fails. So what's my only choice? To grieve.

If you were in a relationship, you'd still be friendless, broke and unemployed. Maybe this is the reason you can't get involved? In any case, I'd wanna sort those out first, well... definitely the unemployment; so I'd feel in a position to find a partner.

When someone dwells on all negative things, it seems to snowball - like they attract it, they don't look and feel confident (despite what you think), I think most people sense that... if you believe in that sort of thing, if you find a way to defeat this please tell me how!

I think you need to get some stability before you worry about finding your partner, and when you do: don't act desperate!

Hey brother, you definitely have nothing to worry about in the looks department. If that is your pic you are a handsome guy, so that ain't your issue.

I see it alot on this forum. All these guys and girls who think they are ugly, but then you look at their pictures and not only are they attractive looking people, but they have a kindness in their faces as well.

Chances are mate that your self confidence is just shot; I'm going through the same thing. Got hit with so much BS in one year that I watched my life evaporate before my very eyes, and in the process seemed to have lost my mojo as well. It seems like such a huge mountain that i don't even know how to start climbing it, but the reality is I have to.

Try not to feed your grief, as it is an all consuming monster that will eat you for lunch if you let it. Believe me, I know that's easier said than done. Just do your best to hang in there and focus on the positive things. I also know that is alot easier said then done. Anyway bro, don't think its about your looks. Most people here are good looking people, they are just lacking alot of self confidence and self esteem, myself included.

You aren't ugly for sure from what I see. I agree with the comment about finding stability in your life but you can do that while looking for someone. I think your best bet is to simply be yourself, confident or not. If anyone can't like/accept you for the person you really are, then they aren't for you.

You are not ugly that is for sure. I'm not sure why you are unemployed and its none of my business but a job could help you meet people.

try and get a job man...sure helps out alot even if its for the 8 hours your there...if u can..get a job with females...would be a great way to meet them and possibly go out

You are NOT ugly. Far from it!!

I agree with the 5pt7art! Get a job. I think it's a great way to meet new people. And with the responsibilities that come with it, you'll have something to occupy yourself with.

Working on getting a job myself :)

Latest posts

Back