In Tears (dedicated to my grandpa)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
One thousand times brighter than the sun,
Whiter than the purest snow,
Grandfather, your spirit glows
and gives me hope.

I can feel the strength of a mountain
when I put my arms around your chest.
How could such a tremendous spirit
ever rest?

I love you more than I'll ever confess
to another. Memories of you are
forever my greatest treasure. They'll
say move on and I'll say never, for you
are my heart's pleasure.

I hope that I can make you proud. I can
hardly write as my eyes begin to cloud.
I miss you, I need you, and I wish you were
around.

As the sun rises, the horizon reminds me
of your smile. I hope to one day be the
man you were to me. The love you gave me,
I've kept for a while; it will never flee.

The kindess of your soul I'll never
find again for a lifetime. You were
my life-line, my shield, my confidant,
my best friend.

I wish you could have stayed with me
until the very end, but then again you
will. Your love will forever be instilled
inside. I'll remember you until the end of
time.

Awww, Jesse This choked me right up. I had a grampa I felt very close to.
What a beautiful tribute you wrote to yours....
You are such a sweet person and wonderful person... :)

Nina said:
Awww, Jesse This choked me right up. I had a grampa I felt very close to.

I'm sure you know how hard it is to lose one. ): I'm sorry you had to go through that too.

Nina said:
What a beautiful tribute you wrote to yours....

Thank you Nina. I wrote another one too if you want to read it. I think there's a link to it in my profile. I like it a lot. I did cry when writing this one. My grandpa was my hero. I've never visited his grave. I'm thinking of going there this year on October 22nd, the day he died.

Nina said:
You are such a sweet person and wonderful person... :)

Aww shucks. :p

Jesse--Your grandpa's poem from your profile thread was awesome....

But what totally, took me through tears and utter admiration, was the thread with your personal story on it.... My God, do realize that stuggling through that childhood and coming out of it such a beautiful person is a miracle, as well as a show of what profound strength you have.
I've only read one other thread in here that had that same effect on me. When small, helpless children can make it through shadows that dark and dangerous, for that long and emerge with an ability to not just see light but become a part of the light for themselves and others, I am always left humbled and in those moments, I find the folks I truely admire and look up to, regardless of age. You're half my age and have lived and survived 3X my life experiences.

Write that book Jesse.... You have a story to tell that others could truely learn from. I'm in awe of what you've survived and though I have always seen you as a deep and beautiful person....My opinion of you now doesn't even have a word to fully describe it. You're one in a million fellow...Truely...

lomojojo said:
awww! it's soo nice.

Thank you. :)

Nina said:
Jesse--Your grandpa's poem from your profile thread was awesome....

But what totally, took me through tears and utter admiration, was the thread with your personal story on it.... My God, do realize that stuggling through that childhood and coming out of it such a beautiful person is a miracle, as well as a show of what profound strength you have.
I've only read one other thread in here that had that same effect on me. When small, helpless children can make it through shadows that dark and dangerous, for that long and emerge with an ability to not just see light but become a part of the light for themselves and others, I am always left humbled and in those moments, I find the folks I truely admire and look up to, regardless of age. You're half my age and have lived and survived 3X my life experiences.

Write that book Jesse.... You have a story to tell that others could truely learn from. I'm in awe of what you've survived and though I have always seen you as a deep and beautiful person....My opinion of you now doesn't even have a word to fully describe it. You're one in a million fellow...Truely...

Thanks for reading and for your kind words Nina. :) I really don't know what to say. I guess I've been through a few things. I know compared to many people I've had a decent life. I really do feel like things that have happened really had a negative effect on me.

I've written a lot of dark poems. When I first started writing the poems were the darkest. As I continued writing they started changing in tone over the years. It has taken me a long time to get things figured out. I feel like writing and talking to people about it has helped me.

.. and when awesome people like you come along that certainly helps me feel great too. :)

Jesse, you just keep being who you are. You're a real inspiration!! I'm not being just nice here, I'm being truthful. :)

Latest posts

Back