Inevitably alone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

ShybutHi

What is the point in life if you will inevitably be alone?

What if you do not want to live life alone?

Everyone is different, different desire's, different goals.

So I desire to be close to a nice woman. That is normal for a heterosexual male yes?

I feel the desire not for sex though... 25, never had a relationship and a virgin so I am past the teenage years of trying to get my end away and, for me, that was never in my personality to do in the first place. I am talking about having a bond with a special person who you can share life with. I am a bit of a sensitive and romantic guy who loves music and the arts... creative subjects are my thing and I get moved by a nice story. I am a musician who writes music, transcribes music and am also in a band but this is all for nothing really. I get really lonely and that sometimes shows itself in my compositions. Music is all I have but even that seem's pointless alot of the time. I am selfless and do things for others without hesitation, I have love for certain close friends and do what I can but I personally never knew and maybe never will know what it is like to feel loved, I am obviously not worth it.

That is probably why finding someone to be with is such a wonderful notion for me. I guess maybe I am one of those people they call a "Hopeless romantic". I see the grand fantasy in my mind's eye of finding a wonderful woman and sharing the connection of love, sharing lifes experience's, cuddling under the stars and it makes me weep with the realisation of it's impossibility.

What I would give to just be able to cuddle up to a girl who really actually appreciate's me for who I am if that is even possible. What I would give to have someone by my side to travel the world with, share the experience's of what life has to offer.

My life makes me feel even more alone every day. I have one friend who I hang out with because literally all of my friends now have partner's. I hardly ever even have people want to talk to me online, it is nearly always me who has to initiate. They have found someone to share life with. I am a quiet, introverted and a bit socially anxious type of person so I am not the best conversationalist in groups, people probably dont see me as a very interesting person and do not like my company.
My social group is one of people who are very nice people though. People who generally dont argue or ever create drama... They all despise drama like me and are loyal and moral people so most have been with their partner for many years, some married and some have kids.

So I sit in my house alone, watching people's story's and adventures they have had with their significant other's knowing that, because of my own personality and looks, that I will inevitably be alone forever.

Tormented by my own mind because of aspects of personality which I detest and because of seperation from a world of the living I struggle to find reason why suicide is not a viable option. In all honesty I think I would never do it... may aswell stick it out to the end unless things get even more difficult.

Maybe I was not born to find happiness and maybe there are other's on this forum who feel the same way about themselves. I will always be that type that lived life alone.
The tormented lonely introverted artist trying to find an impossible purpose.

The trick is using your personality in your favor, not against. There is absolutely nothing in this universe that is stopping you from getting a girl you love; and one who loves you. The first step is always the hardest one. Get out there more, meet more women. Find one, who is like you and use your personality to "woo" her so to say.

You're an artist! You love music! Use that!

And it's not an impossible purpose, you just gotta keep at it! :)

I suppose part of the problem is not believing in dating. Does that seem absurd?

Dating to me is fake it just seems like something someone who is desperate to get into a relationship would do. I am not looking to just find some random woman and start a relationship. That is totally not desireable for me because I wish to find someone who I truly click with... Not just a female to keep me company and vice versa.

The problem is lack of experience in social situations. I find it hard to converse with strangers and it takes a long time to become comfortable with another's presence. It makes the whole thing incredibly difficult and seemingly impossible because I cant even let someone know who I am. The fact I am not good looking means I am not initially attractive to women either... It is a terrible combination of traits to have.

Lol, dating can be a lot of things, it doesn't only mean going to a bar and asking random women out lol. What I'm saying is that you got to do something, get out there and do anything; you'll find women in all walks of life.

Lack of experience can only be fixed by actually experiencing it. :p And fresia anyone who says you aren't good looking.

I am eccentric. Your avarage person would not find me attractive mentally or physically. I have not been told I am unattractive physically, it is just actually a blatant fact about myself. Yes you would probably think I am just being incredibly pessimistic but I have facts to back up my pessimism in this area.

Yeah you are right dating can mean alot of things although when I said dating I was mainly referring to meeting up with a women I dont know very well and going from there. I just see that as fake because I believe you cannot really know someone until you have known them for quite a while and even then, just because a person is a nice person does not mean you should get into a relationship with them.

There should be a natural bond... I believe getting into a relationship should be a natural progression. This is why dating seems so rediculous to me... It seems to forced.

I don't think it's forced if you follow your feelings. Feelings are a bit magical; I think you know pretty early when you've met someone you'd like to spend more time with.
When dating, you'll be rejected by lots of girls. And you'll probably reject lots of girls, too. Eventually, hopefully, you meet someone where there's no rejection. Then it won't feel forced.

I would never develop feelings towards someone I have known just by going on a few dates though. It is still like hooking up with a stranger which in my opinion is pointless.

I really wonder if anyone else on here feels the same way about this subject?

Honestly it is totally alien to me why people would get into a relationship after going on a few dates. You CANNOT know someone well enough to know if you have a proper bond with them through such a small ammount of time.

What do most people get into relationships so fast for? sex? money?

The only things you will really know about a person is their material desire's and property until you have known the person for an extended ammount of time and trust each other well enough to already have more personal talks.

Soooooooo many people get into relationship's just for the sake of a relationship. It just seem's to me like so many people view them as "Well I am male, you are female... Lets get together". Whether it is for sex or because of monetary issues as it is easier in a couple.

Yeah ******* great though... /megasarcasm

You are in a relationship with someone just for the hell of it not because you truly know the person and have a real bond with them.

I feel you brother... sometimes the notion of dating seems fake.

but all dating is... is just a bit of time investment to see if you can both get some sort of connection or happiness...
If there is a net positive then why not continue?

the first stages may not mean much... communication is key...
and the rest just has to happen naturally...

for me, the only thing left in my life is to find someone to date. But at 38, it's impossible to jump into the dating scene and have any clue as to how to date.
It's why I get 1st dates and never a 2nd date. Over a week now since I went on my last 1st date. It went great. Therefore I will never hear from her again. Still waiting for at least an e-mail saying that I'm "not the one".

Back in 1998, I was on a BBS and someone was doing people's fortunes for fun. Everyone was getting positive fortunes so I asked the following question:
"Will I ever date?"

The person did whatever it was that they did to get fortunes and the result was:
"No, but your closest friend will"

That person felt so bad for me that they tried again and came back with:
"Probably not, but if you do, it will be great"

So if i can ever find a female that wants to date, it will be great. but since women my age don't date, I'm stuck waiting to die. *laughs*

blackdot said:
for me, the only thing left in my life is to find someone to date. But at 38, it's impossible to jump into the dating scene and have any clue as to how to date.
It's why I get 1st dates and never a 2nd date. Over a week now since I went on my last 1st date. It went great. Therefore I will never hear from her again. Still waiting for at least an e-mail saying that I'm "not the one".

Back in 1998, I was on a BBS and someone was doing people's fortunes for fun. Everyone was getting positive fortunes so I asked the following question:
"Will I ever date?"

The person did whatever it was that they did to get fortunes and the result was:
"No, but your closest friend will"

That person felt so bad for me that they tried again and came back with:
"Probably not, but if you do, it will be great"

So if i can ever find a female that wants to date, it will be great. but since women my age don't date, I'm stuck waiting to die. *laughs*

Were you shaking a magic 8 ball?

Srsly, not to sound like a jackass over here, but I genuinely believe you're about to shoot yourself in the foot by waiting for her. If the date went well, then for all intents and purposes, that should be the OK signal for you to make the next contact.

Chances are that she's waiting for you to contact her now. Quite possibly she's thinking the exact same things you are right now. In order to follow through from dating into a healthy relationship, it requires a push from both parties, meaning that you might have to give alittle of what she gave you.

What I'm basically saying is call her/email her/etc. And do it the minute you read this message, as you've left her hanging for long enough already.

Code S.O.L said:
Srsly, not to sound like a jackass over here, but I genuinely believe you're about to shoot yourself in the foot by waiting for her. If the date went well, then for all intents and purposes, that should be the OK signal for you to make the next contact.

Chances are that she's waiting for you to contact her now. Quite possibly she's thinking the exact same things you are right now. In order to follow through from dating into a healthy relationship, it requires a push from both parties, meaning that you might have to give alittle of what she gave you.

What I'm basically saying is call her/email her/etc. And do it the minute you read this message, as you've left her hanging for long enough already.

I have contacted her 3 times since we met last Friday (now over a week ago). No response back so far.
If a 1st date goes well, then I won't hear back from a female unless I demand her tell me something and even then I am not guaranteed an reply.
If the 1st date doesn't go well, I still have to force them to tell me something.

If I could find a way to skip the 1st date and go straight to the 2nd date then I could at least say I can get a 2nd date. *laughs*

Latest posts

Back